Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Geniatech Digistar DVB-S PCI - Remote Control - and - WinLIRC version 0.8.7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • consulente
    • Oct 2010

Geniatech Digistar DVB-S PCI - Remote Control - and - WinLIRC version 0.8.7

Hi everybody

Yesterday I lost the post "Geniatech Digistar DVB-S PCI - Remote Control - and - WinLIRC version 0.8.7"

Was the most beautiful tutorial and when I arrived in my home to instal the "remote control" I can't found the thread "Geniatech Digistar DVB-S PCI - Remote Control - and - WinLIRC version 0.8.7"

Please, can send me again this tutorial ?

Thanks
  • EUROASTRA
    Experienced Board Member
    • Sep 2010

Re: Geniatech Digistar DVB-S PCI - Remote Control - and - WinLIRC version 0.8.7

Manual remote control Skystar 2

ANTI-VIRUS SCAN AVAST
    Attached Files
    Please read the Forum Rules
    Problems and questions in PM! I'll not answer!

Comment

• consulente
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by findeciclo
      Manual Geniatech Digistar PDF
      _http://www.geniatech.net/down-eng/manual/dvbs/digistar3manual.pdf

Lirc ver 0.8.7 official page for Linux (manuals, faq, software)
      _http://www.lirc.org/

WinlLirc 0.8.7 officila page for Windows (manuals, faq, software)
      _http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/

I hope this could be help to you.

Best regards.
      Sorry ... that's my problem !

I read all this manuals

Originally posted by EUROASTRA
      Manual remote control Skystar
      ANTI-VIRUS SCAN AVAST
      Thanks I'll see if is similar bur I think that my remote control is not COM1 ... I'll also try it

look my PCI:
      _http://www.geniatech.com/pa/digistar.asp

Comment

• EUROASTRA
        Experienced Board Member
        • Sep 2010

Comment

• consulente
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by EUROASTRA
          ...IMG...

ok but... I'm not so expert in com1 and plugs and...
          but seems different
          Attached Files

Comment

• consulente
            • Oct 2010

ok

I'll try use "audioCapture.dll"

the Digistar Manual just say:
            Code:
            2. Plug in DigiStar Card to a PCI slot, plug in the remote control receive 
            cable to the DigiStar Card, connect the LNB to the LNB in socket (upper socket
            on the bracket of DigiStar is LNB in, lower in LNB out), and put the Case back.
            and you helped me telling that (if I understood...)
            3.- Infrared receiver with JACK CONNECTION (this connection usually is in the PCI DVB Receiver)
            I'll try use "audioCapture.dll"

thanks

Comment

• consulente
              • Oct 2010

I'm so sorry but if can anybody help me

for the PCI

I don't know how dll select
              I searched all weekend but I can't resolve this problem

Attached Files

Comment

• consulente
                • Oct 2010

Thanks! and Yeah ...
                Maybe I'll buy a Mouse wireless because seems too difficult setup this remote control
                But I'm unhappy with don't use a remote control when I have it

Comment

• EUROASTRA
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Sep 2010

AudioCapture

This is designed to work with the simplest audio in reciever. http://www.lirc.org/ir-audio.html without the
                  extra diode. It might work with the diode, but I've never tested it. I dont think it's really needed. I get
                  good results at the lowest sampling frequency 11025hz. The left and right options are for whether you have
                  the input to the left or right input. I only supported this because I accidently wired it to the right input,
                  and was too lazy to change it to the left. It was easier to fix in software.

The disadvantage over the serial version is, it is not interupt driven. It'll capture audio all the time. But
                  the overhead is so low it probably won't even register on your CPU. (It doesn't on mine)

The advantage over the serial version is, the audio is all buffered in hardware, making it incensitive to
                  whatever else is going on, on your CPU, unlike the serial version which can stop working completely if CPU
                  usage is 100%.

To troubleshoot this plugin. Firstly check you have plugged your reciever into the LineIn or Microphone in.
                  Next make sure the volume isn't completely muted, or all the way down to the bottom. As a safe bet you need
                  at least 50% volume for this to work, although it'll probably work with less. To test you are recieving
                  input, either record some sounds or check the volume meter in windows when you press a button. If you are
                  recieving data but nothing is being decoded, try upping the sampling frequency.

Comment

• felipevianna
                    • Oct 2010

until now I'm searching for the tutorial to setup Geniatech Digistar DVB-S PCI - Remote Control - and - WinLIRC version 0.8.7

sniff sniff...

Comment

• felipevianna
                      • Oct 2010

That's the right way!
                      Also because seems that RC is really slow to change channels and with the mouse we can select the channel easier and faster that RC
                      and in the next month I'm thinking to buy a Dreambox to finish other problems
                      Or I bought a bad PCI (if there are better and faster PCI) or the solution is buy a Dreambox

Comment

• felipevianna
                        • Oct 2010

If anybody have a suggestion to setup WinLIRC I'll be very glad

Comment

• felipevianna
                          • Oct 2010

My temporary solution:

1-) I reinstalled the original Geniatech DVD
                          2-) I select remote.exe : Properties->compatibility->Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP2
                          3-) I install the last progDVB version in the same folder

the interesting is that doesn't matter the progDVB configuration ... the remote.exe is independent

and now the remote control is working ....

All keys ok

but desn't work the key

1 2 3
                          4 5 6
                          7 8 9

working ch+ ch- epg, blah blah blah
                          also 0

but not

1 2 3
                          4 5 6
                          7 8 9

My PC is Windows 7 64 bit

ideas ?

Comment

• felipevianna
                            • Oct 2010

Seems that the Geniatech original remote control software is _http://wintvr3.software.informer.com/
                            But it is impossible to found

In ProgDVB folder, the remote control software is launch by Remote.exe and it doesn't use Controls.ini (file with the progDVB remote control configurations)

My conclusion is that I bought a too old PCI

Comment

• felipevianna
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Zyk
                              What do youi mean with a "too old PCI"?
                              I bought the PCI because was the cheaper and I didn't know nothing about sat

Nowadays I think that geniatech is not the best solution... If someday I 'll buy other PCI I'll probably chose other PCI like Skystar and also in HD

And about "old PCI": if I go tho geniatech website I haven't drivers and softwares up-to-date. The Drivers and softwares are to windows XP....
                              If I want to install the driver and software in my OpenSuse Linux (for example), I can't because geniatech haven't linux driver for my PCI
                              The manual is not up-to-date...
                              the internet hasn't informations about how to install winLirc
                              Until now I haven't so problems with a device like this one... It's the first time that I can't do what I want to do

Why is so hard setup a remote control ?
                              Why the geniatech manual tell about winlirc if they haven't tutorials about how to setup winlirc ?
                              and Why they developed a RC software that is impossible found informations?

Comment

Working...