Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Hauppauge WinTV DVBS Rev 1.3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satterino
    • Jun 2010

Hauppauge WinTV DVBS Rev 1.3

to anyone,
    are there windows seven driver for it?

i can't find it
  • anacondama
    Banned
    • Jul 2010

Re: Hauppauge WinTV DVBS Rev 1.3

is it nova or nexus ??
    Take a look Here

Comment

• ecsbox360
      • Sep 2011

Hi, I have the 1.6 version. Which is slightly newer than your 1.3 version.
      I am afraid there are no working Windows 7 drivers for this device.

I got my old 1.6 card working with Windows XP SP3, MyTheatre v3.38.2 or v3.38.1 (Support for the card is no longer available after v3.38.2). Hadu Plugin and the drivers if I can remember off the top of my head were 2.19c

Some other people have suggested - but ive not tried, as I would have need to setup a new machine. that the XP drivers could be installled in Windows 7 under XP Compatibility mode. This is something you have to do manually i believe.

Hope this helps.
      Dislikes the Chinese Openbox Receivers, so much..

Comment

• findeciclo
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ecsbox360
        Hi, I have the 1.6 version. Which is slightly newer than your 1.3 version.
        I am afraid there are no working Windows 7 drivers for this device.

I got my old 1.6 card working with Windows XP SP3, MyTheatre v3.38.2 or v3.38.1 (Support for the card is no longer available after v3.38.2). Hadu Plugin and the drivers if I can remember off the top of my head were 2.19c

Some other people have suggested - but ive not tried, as I would have need to setup a new machine. that the XP drivers could be installled in Windows 7 under XP Compatibility mode. This is something you have to do manually i believe.

Hope this helps.
        Or install Virtual Box or VmWare (Virtual machines inside another that let you install another O.S. runs at the same time) and then install XP and your problems will stop.
        Look for them here (official author web site):
        _https://www.virtualbox.org/
        _http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

Virtual machine

A virtual machine (VM) is a "completely isolated guest operating system installation within your normal host operating system". Modern virtual machines are implemented with either software emulation or hardware virtualization.

VM Definitions

A virtual machine (VM) is a software implementation of a machine (i.e. a computer) that executes programs like a physical machine. Virtual machines are separated into two major categories, based on their use and degree of correspondence to any real machine. A system virtual machine provides a complete system platform which supports the execution of a complete operating system (OS). In contrast, a process virtual machine is designed to run a single program, which means that it supports a single process. An essential characteristic of a virtual machine is that the software running inside is limited to the resources and abstractions provided by the virtual machine—it cannot break out of its virtual world.
        A virtual machine was originally defined by Popek and Goldberg as "an efficient, isolated duplicate of a real machine". Current use includes virtual machines which have no direct correspondence to any real hardware.

System virtual machines
        Multiple OS environments can co-exist on the same computer, in strong isolation from each other
        the virtual machine can provide an instruction set architecture (ISA) that is somewhat different from that of the real machine
        application provisioning, maintenance, high availability and disaster recovery
        The main disadvantages of VMs are:
        a virtual machine is less efficient than a real machine when it accesses the hardware indirectly
        when multiple VMs are concurrently running on the same physical host, each VM may exhibit a varying and unstable performance (Speed of Execution, and not results), which highly depends on the workload imposed on the system by other VMs, unless proper techniques are used for temporal isolation among virtual machines.
        Multiple VMs each running their own operating system (called guest operating system) are frequently used in server consolidation, where different services that used to run on individual machines to avoid interference are instead run in separate VMs on the same physical machine.
        The desire to run multiple operating systems was the original motivation for virtual machines, as it allowed time-sharing a single computer between several single-tasking Operation Systems. In some respects, a system virtual machine can be considered a generalization of the concept of virtual memory that historically preceded it. IBM's CP/CMS, the first systems to allow full virtualization, implemented time sharing by providing each user with a single-user operating system, the CMS. Unlike virtual memory, a system virtual machine allowed the user to use privileged instructions in their code. This approach had certain advantages, for instance it allowed users to add input/output devices not allowed by the standard system.
        The guest OSes do not have to be all the same, making it possible to run different OSes on the same computer (e.g., Microsoft Windows and Linux, or older versions of an OS to support software that has not yet been ported to the latest version). The use of virtual machines to support different guest OSes is becoming popular in embedded systems; a typical use is to support a real-time operating system at the same time as a high-level OS such as Linux or Windows.
        Another use is to sandbox an OS that is not trusted, possibly because it is a system under development. Virtual machines have other advantages for OS development, including better debugging access and faster reboots

Good luck.

Comment

• satterino
          • Jun 2010

guys I solved it:

Dual OS (dual boot) win xp and seven.
          The DVBs card on win xp.

thanks anyway to all of you.
          bye

Comment

• findeciclo
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2010

Ok, it seems to me the best option.
            DVB PC Sat receiver works fine on Windows XP. So your decision is right.
            You will enjoy with your PCSat and son on you will work with Win7 too.
            Congratulations for your final decision.
            Best regards and good luck.

Comment

• satterino
              • Jun 2010

incredible!!
              a few days ago, I installed the drivers pci dvb-s for windows vista on seven.
              immediately they give me error but I forced the installation.

now despite reports the error, it works !!!!!!

?!?!?!?!?!?

@ findeciclo
              thanks anyway

Comment

• findeciclo
                Experienced Board Member
                • Oct 2010

Ok, congratulations.
                But do not let your guard down, Win Vista and Win 7 are quite unstable with our cards to view satellite TV on our PC and you may someday find yourself with some surprise.
                But I hope not, and they will work perfectly, no problems.
                Good luck.

Comment

• findeciclo
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by master.x
                  Hi, a few weeks ago I posted BDA drivers for Nova-S here on board which are basically for Technotrend, but for very similar card so they work perfectly with it. I personally use it with Windows 7 + DVBDream and no problem...
                  Code:
                  http://www.satlover.com/forum/other-dvb-s-drivers/33323-hauppauge-wintv-nova-s-new-post.html
                  We will try with these BDA Driver, maybe a good solution.
                  Regards.

Comment

Working...