Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

F5 Skybox some channels works, other say No Signal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suds
    • Sep 2013

F5 Skybox some channels works, other say No Signal

Hi

I just put a F5 skybox at home, on my satellite, which has a Quad LNB on it, I used three of the connections. The problem I am have is sky sports 1234 are working, but movie channels are say NO Signal so too are some other channels. I used one of the other wires as to check if it was the wire that was causing the issue but the same thing occurs some channels come through and others don't. I switch the LNB of from the F5 box which then turn all the channels off, so I then which it back on. I have three boxes connect to the Satellite which one is the F5 box, two other boxes are original sky boxes. Could this be a voltage issue, is there away to repair this issue? Any help would be appreciated
  • pan1300
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: F5 Skybox some channels works, other say No Signal

hi suds

Are you sure the frequency/polarisation/Standard/Modulation/SR/Fec are correct in your Skybox F5? Best to double check on king of sats or lyngsat. And: are the fta channels on those frequencies ok or not? Also you can do a complete scan (blindscan and NIT on if this is supported)

Comment

• mahrkpat
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2012

Openboxes/Skyboxes they have always had problems with running when a sly
      box is also connected, they run at a higher voltage so that, I can't remember
      which, either the verticle channels or horizontal channels arn't scanned. To test
      if this your problem try diconnecting the sly boxes and see if your F5 scans all
      channels, the fix for this is to replace LNB or get a no signal diode fix from ebay.

If this is a recent problem and nothing to do with the above then you will need
      to update your channel list, a court decision between 2 sat operators has
      mean't a lot channels moving about.

With the kind permision of DeeJayAj _ajsat.co.uk here is his latest list:

Attached Files
      Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• suds
        • Sep 2013

Just connected my dreambox 500 to the same connection all channels worked on that, but could not test any HD channels as they are not available on the old dreambox, plus could not test newer channel as I have old channel list on that. But all movie channels worked fine on the dream box Make me think it could require diode fix, As mostly the channel that are effect are the HD channel will update my tv channel list to lastest. Thanks guys

Comment

• KVF1966
          Board Senior Member
          • Dec 2012

if we are talking about the hd channels, you may want to precisely configure the satellite dish.
          you do not work all hd channels?

Comment

• pan1300
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

hi

Perhaps nothing to do with this, but here (Belgium & Holland) dish must be well adjusted/installed on some hd channels which are transmitting in 8psk. Also not all tuners have the same sensitivity (can be that signal is ok on box a and no signal on box be - with the same dish/lnb).

Comment

• suds
              • Sep 2013

Sorry for the late reply, Sky sports 1234 HD do show its the movies channels HD and BT sports HD and some that are not HD channel that say no signal I ordered the no signal fix, I hope it's that but for some reason I have my doubts.

Comment

• pan1300
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

hi suds

hmm just noticed a lot of changes on the Astra 2 transponders, especially on the bt sports (movies stayed on the same tp I believe), please check again with king of sats or lyngsat if you're really searching the correct transponder - also footprint of the 'new' Astra 2F satellite is really narrow - but als your country flag says 'uk' that shouldn't be a problem

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Been lots of channel movement lately. Make sure you have your channel list up to date.

Comment

• DouglasKak
                    • Jan 2020

F5 Skybox some channels works other say No Signal

hi, again, this morning i tried jessie, and it works fine, so that was the release i used before, same issue i already had, installation works for me only running refractainstaller via terminal, but than all it is fine.

Comment

Working...