Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Going Motorised

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Going Motorised

Ideally that would save the positions but if you need to reset the motor due to some reason in the future then it will erase all the satellite position stored on it and it will go back to the factory default.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• McrRed
      • Jul 2012

Just read the point about resetting the motor.

I bought the dish and motor from a well known auction site. It was previously installed in Burnley about 30 miles away). Is it possible that it has the wrong/previous settings stored in it that is creating the confusion?

edit:
      ah I see...

Comment

• toby69
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2011

is your mount 100% vertical that is a must for a start, you should always start at 0.8 west, with motor set at 0.8west, then align your dish to receive a strong fta transponder signal, some slight adjustment might be needed.
        your set-up at the moment as it keeps returning to 28e, seems a re-set required on motor then start at proper position, sounds like you arc is out, you perhaps picking up 26east as close satellites, the rest you miss as out of arc.
        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• cannydo
          Board Senior Member
          • Sep 2011

Toby your spot on mate reset his motor and start again been a 2nd hand motor.

Comment

• digicon
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2011

just to put this into perspective if you use USALS with your correct Lon and Lat settings and which ever satellite you drive the dish too if you are not picking up a signal or it is weak then it means your alignment is out. USALS has to be spot on to work Diseqc 1.2 does not if you are slightly out with Diseqc 1.2 you can just step the dish east or west until you maximise signal and then store in your receiver.

Originally posted by microchick
            Ideally that would save the positions but if you need to reset the motor due to some reason in the future then it will erase all the satellite position stored on it and it will go back to the factory default.

No thats not correct if you use Diseqc 1.2 and store each satellite manually in the receiver, Then the receiver stores all the positions in its internal memory and not the motor, all that happens if you reset the motor is that it re-writes the satellite table to factory default settings

When you come to use the receiver again using Diseqc 1.2 then that table stored in your receiver is transferred back to the motor.

Comment

• McrRed
              • Jul 2012

Ok. Ok.
              My pole is VERY slightly out and I've been trying to avoid having to re-drill the thing but I can see that's what I'm going to be doing tomorrow.

I cn get away with disecq 1.2 probably because I can get each individual satellite and channels easily...28.2E, 26E, 13E etc etc.
              But the slight out-ness must be affecting things - along with the previous stored settings and I know it'll drive me crazy by increments!

Ok. Fetching the ladders as we speak....

{Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you posted.}

Comment

• Satbeam
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by McrRed
                Ok. Ok.
                My pole is VERY slightly out and I've been trying to avoid having to re-drill the thing but I can see that's what I'm going to be doing tomorrow.

I cn get away with disecq 1.2 probably because I can get each individual satellite and channels easily...28.2E, 26E, 13E etc etc.
                But the slight out-ness must be affecting things - along with the previous stored settings and I know it'll drive me crazy by increments!

Ok. Fetching the ladders as we speak....

{Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you posted.}
                You could try to place spacers between pole and wall brackets to get it level for east / west plane . North /south plane can be compensated for by adjusting elevation angle .

Comment

• McrRed
                  • Jul 2012

Im really glad you said that,satbeam. Thats what i'd done. Anyway, it wasnt working properly so i re-did the whole installation yesterday. Thanks, rain!

My poles an awful tripod design that took hours to get right - and in the end i did have to use a spacer.
                  Anyway, late last night, i finally got a good signal from thor 0.8 and am delighted at how much footy is available thanks to satlover lines...bodes well for the coming season!

Now to see if i can get usals working...

Comment

• Satbeam
                    • Jul 2012

That's good news Now that you're tuned to 0.8 ,when you select usals , you can then manually with spanner in hand turn dish on mount if necessary to regain 0.8 . You should then be setup .

Comment

• microchick
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

I am glade you sorted out 0.8w. I would suggest to drive the dish to 30w and 30e. If you are getting good signal on both satellites then your setup is spot on. As 30e is difficult to receive so i would use 28.2e instead. If everything is working then
                      Menu>Installation>Installation antenna and satellite Quick Setting>
                      enter your longitude and lattitude and Set motor as USALS on All satellites
                      It will work and the dish would be then driven to desired satellites.
                      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• mdt
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by microchick
                        I am glade you sorted out 0.8w. I would suggest to drive the dish to 30w and 30e. If you are getting good signal on both satellites then your setup is spot on.

not necessarily... you could be recieving 28.2e,1w and 30w and your arc still be slightly out as the aformentioned satellites are very strong in the uk(apart from the nordic beam on thor/1w). depending on dish size try the weaker sats at 26e/21.6e/4.8e nordic beam/7w/12.5w and 18w. also check 45e and 45w as if you recieve these 2 sats aswell as the others your dish is tracking as it should, regards mdt
                        VU+UNO B.H. 1.7.6
                        GIBERTINI 1.25M/STAB 120/INVERTO BLACK PRO
                        DM800PRO DBUK v2.2. ZONE2,28.2E/19.2E/13E

Comment

• digicon
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2011

mdt is correct you need to check the extreme of your receivable ARC to see if your dish is tracking correctly or not 30° east to 30° west is simply not good enough

Comment

Working...