Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

9e - 28.2e on Triax TD88

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: 9e - 28.2e on Triax TD88

Good luck. Which sats are you going for in between 9e and 28.2e?
    Let us know how you get on.

Comment

• f1fan
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
      Good luck. Which sats are you going for in between 9e and 28.2e?
      Let us know how you get on.
      I might need it! I'll be adding 13e and 19.2e in between. I don't use 13e to be honest, just have it because I can. I use 9e for TF1 Suisse, 19.2e for RTL & ORF Eins and 28.2e for all the usual UK channels.

I've never found anything more interesting to watch on 9,13&19, need some tips on good channels to try out!

I'll definitely let you know how the multi lnb holder goes. Fingers crossed for a rain free Saturday!

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by f1fan
        I've never found anything more interesting to watch on 9,13&19, need some tips on good channels to try out!
        It all depends what are you interested in. Most of the people are interested in sports and movies. There will be 24 new channels on sly for olympics. Sly Italia on 13e is good for sports, mainly football. JSC sports are good for footy.
        sly De sports channels are good too, they show many sports. The rest of them are just multinational channels are you can get them on most of the sattelites in different languages, including English.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• f1fan
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by microchick
          It all depends what are you interested in. Most of the people are interested in sports and movies. There will be 24 new channels on sly for olympics. Sly Italia on 13e is good for sports, mainly football. JSC sports are good for footy.
          sly De sports channels are good too, they show many sports. The rest of them are just multinational channels are you can get them on most of the sattelites in different languages, including English.
          I'm mainly interested in Formula 1 although it would good to catch the occasional Champions League match that isn't on ITV. ifi can get a stable line working I'll try Sly IT, DE & JSC. I added the 24 BBC Olympic HD channels to my setup last night. I noticed they were all clear and they weren't all on Astra 1N so people in mainland Europe should be able to watch our coverage.

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

If you want football as well, tring on 16e is a good option.
            You could get a 3 degree monoblock for 13e and 16 e or 19e and 16e.
            should also be doable with slim feed lnb's.

Comment

• f1fan
              • Jul 2012

If you want football as well, tring on 16e is a good option.
              You could get a 3 degree monoblock for 13e and 16 e or 19e and 16e.
              should also be doable with slim feed lnb's.
              How would you mix a monoblock into a diseqc switch with three standard lnbs?

Just unpacked and assembled the Triax multi lnb holder, will try and get up the ladder and see if 9e to 28.2e is possible!

Comment

• microchick
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

I'm mainly interested in Formula 1 although it would good to catch the occasional Champions League match that isn't on ITV. ifi can get a stable line working I'll try Sly IT, DE & JSC. I added the 24 BBC Olympic HD channels to my setup last night. I noticed they were all clear and they weren't all on Astra 1N so people in mainland Europe should be able to watch our coverage.
                Yes BBC Olympic channels are all HD, available via RED Button as well. For Formula 1, stick with the sly uk F1 HD channel. For footy, sly uk, JSC( Jazeera Sports Channel) 10 channels on 13e, sly italia and then French channels on 19.2e Eurosports and sly de. They all broadcast loads of football.
                If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

How would you mix a monoblock into a diseqc switch with three standard lnbs?

Just unpacked and assembled the Triax multi lnb holder, will try and get up the ladder and see if 9e to 28.2e is possible!
                  My experience with diseqc switches is zero, as I have a motorised dish.
                  But it's my understanding that whilst a monoblock is one unit, the lnb's act separately from one another.
                  So I guess you'd hook it all up as you would 5 lnb's.
                  I guess a 2 way switch and a 4 way switch would do.
                  I believe you can also get 8 way switches now.

Comment

• f1fan
                    • Jul 2012

My experience with diseqc switches is zero, as I have a motorised dish.
                    But it's my understanding that whilst a monoblock is one unit, the lnb's act separately from one another.
                    So I guess you'd hook it all up as you would 5 lnb's.
                    I guess a 2 way switch and a 4 way switch would do.
                    I believe you can also get 8 way switches now.
                    Ive used quite a few diseqc switches but never a monoblock. My understanding from a bit of research is a monoblock has a diseqc switch already built into it, therefore you need to cascade the monoblock from a parent diseqc switch. My OpenBox can handle cascading of switches but I've never tried it.

Comment

• toby69
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Oct 2011

Ive used quite a few diseqc switches but never a monoblock. My understanding from a bit of research is a monoblock has a diseqc switch already built into it, therefore you need to cascade the monoblock from a parent diseqc switch. My OpenBox can handle cascading of switches but I've never tried it.
                      -------------------------------

i once tried a monobloc, using 4 switch diseqe, it did not work for me, just stick to your original plan f1fan with set-up you know, less problems, report back if all a sucess.
                      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• digicon
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2011

You need to put in a 2 way passive splitter in between the monobloc and the diseqc switch this will let you assign a different feed for each side of the monobloc.

if i had known you wanted a Wave frontier i know someone who is selling the T90 version with 8 lnb holders very cheap.

Comment

• f1fan
                          • Jul 2012

It's far too hot to be doing this today!! Not going so well at the moment, tried setting up 9e on the outside of the multi lnb holder first but struggled to get a good signal. Then I thought it best to align on 19.2e with the lnb just left of centre so the dish is focused around 18e.

After much messing around I got 28.2e, 19.2e & 13e working but haven't been able to get 9e on there. Im not happy with my dish mount, I think as its U shaped the dish is not quite vertical, i.e. twisted round slightly and this is causing me a few problems.

-------

Well after much effort I never managed to get 9e working on my multi lnb holder. I suspect the slightly wonky U bracket making the dish twisted is the main cause.

It suddenly dawned on me the other day that if the council complain about my two dishes and TV aerial I could move the TV aerial into the loft since after digital switchover our DTT is so strong indoor aerials work.

So, I'm tempted to remount the TD88 on a better bracket and fit a motor :-D

That raises some other questions about how to set that up but I'll post that elsewhere.

Comment

Working...