Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

9e - 28.2e on Triax TD88

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f1fan
    • Jul 2012

9e - 28.2e on Triax TD88

I currently have a Triax TD88 with a Smart Titanium lnb focused on 9e so I can pick up TF1 HD. I have a separate dish for 13e, 19.2e & 28.2e but would like to go down to a single dish.

Has anyone any experience of running 9e and 28.2e on the same TD88 dish in the south of England? My concern is that after realigning my dish with four lnbs attached the 9e won't be strong enough for TF1 HD, a tricky transponder to pick up.

Thanks guys
  • easydigital
    Board Senior Member
    • Nov 2010

Re: 9e - 28.2e on Triax TD88

I have experience of running 1w and 28.2e on the same 120 dish...9e easy
    helped use "Thanks"

Comment

• f1fan
      • Jul 2012

A 120 dish must give you a much stronger signal than my 88 though. I don't want to go that large as I'd need planning permission. I'm trying to loose my other dish as I have two dishes plus an aerial so am already against planning rules

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

You would be better with a motor. More satellites more choice and more fun. The channel swapping would be a bit slow if you are going from one satellite to another but you will have much more choice and Satlover's C line opens almost everything.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• f1fan
          • Jul 2012

I can't go for a motor, my multi lnb setup has 6x28.2e outputs, 4x19.2e, 4x13e and 2x9e outputs going to various receivers around my house. My wife wouldn't like me moving the dish & the Sky box in the lounge losing signal.

I've tried out the Satlover c lines and while they do open lots of channels the freezing is terrible & makes it unwatchable

Comment

• Satbeam
            • Jul 2012

Why not do quad lnb on sky mini dish and motor on 88 . I use similar setup . It allows us satlovers to scan the skies without affecting the rest of the household

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

9e to 28e on a td88 should be doable.
              both outer sats are strong, but you'd have to have it spot on.

Comment

• f1fan
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Satbeam
                Why not do quad lnb on sky mini dish and motor on 88 . I use similar setup . It allows us satlovers to scan the skies without affecting the rest of the household
                I currently have an Octo on a zone 2 mini dish. I want to get rid of the minidish as having it, the TD88 and a tv aerial breaks planning rules.

Comment

• toby69
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Oct 2011

i have seen your set-up f1fan, (im sure you put pic on while ago) looked quite a task, did you do yourself!
                  some time ago i had 5e,13e,19,39e, and 28e on seperate minidish, others on a 120cm with good signals on all, which as you say, not going bigger as against p.p. for you.
                  the only way to know for sure is that you try yourself as people at different locations.
                  or in the end go motorised,
                  ps, there will always be freezing etc on S/L you have as free lines always get posted on web from traitors here, so will be better for you with own personal line with higher post count in future.
                  Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• f1fan
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                    9e to 28e on a td88 should be doable.
                    both outer sats are strong, but you'd have to have it spot on.
                    I assumed it should be, my fear is that the TF1 HD transponder won't have a strong enough signal when the dish is no longer focused on 9e, for some reason the DVB-S2 transponders on 9e are really tricky to get, the dish has to be so spot on compared to all the transponders.

I hoped someone else had this setup and could tell me if it works before I spend money on the multi lnb holder and disturb my dish.

Originally posted by toby69
                    i have seen your set-up f1fan, (im sure you put pic on while ago) looked quite a task, did you do yourself!
                    some time ago i had 5e,13e,19,39e, and 28e on seperate minidish, others on a 120cm with good signals on all, which as you say, not going bigger as against p.p. for you.
                    the only way to know for sure is that you try yourself as people at different locations.
                    or in the end go motorised,
                    ps, there will always be freezing etc on S/L you have as free lines always get posted on web from traitors here, so will be better for you with own personal line with higher post count in future.
                    Hi Toby, yes I did it all myself. I started by putting up a zone 2 minidish when I first moved into my house. When the BBC gave up half the F1 races I decided to find away to watch the rest of the season without Sly.

I realigned the dish to 19.2e, replaced the lnb with mk4 minidish quad lnb that has a 40mm neck. I then fitted a holder around the middle lnb and put an Octo for 28.2e and another quad for 13e either side. Minidishes and their lnbs are so cheap on eBay it was a great way to get three sats. Finally I bought a TD88 that I put up next to the minidish so I could get 9e. There are a lot of wires and 4 diseqc switches on the wall!

You managing 5e - 39e on a 120 is impressive. I think I'll have to buy the TD multi lnb holder and be brave and move my dish!

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

Replacing your existing dish with a wave frontier is another option. I heard of someone with 16 lnb's over 40° on a t90.
                      But they are monsters, and quite expensive.

Comment

• toby69
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Oct 2011

thats the only thing you can do really, as you dont want motor, as in this hobby you wont know yourself until you try, as said cant always go by others feedback as locations always vary signal, best to try now as fair weather.
                        keep us all informed about what you do and results.
                        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• ocram88

Originally posted by bokkie
                          Replacing your existing dish with a wave frontier is another option. I heard of someone with 16 lnb's over 40° on a t90.
                          But they are monsters, and quite expensive.
                          With a wave frontier, you can receive many satellites that are geographically distant. is an excellent solution for those who do not want to mount robotic systems. The only flaw is the environmental impact, because it is an aesthetically very unsightly.

Comment

• f1fan
                            • Jul 2012

The Wave Frontier T90 looks really good, but at £150 in the UK it's a bit out of my budget. I've ordered a Triax TD mutli lnb holder this morning so hopefully if the weathers still good later in the week I'll give it a go.

Comment

• ocram88

Originally posted by f1fan
                              The Wave Frontier T90 looks really good, but at £150 in the UK it's a bit out of my budget. I've ordered a Triax TD mutli lnb holder this morning so hopefully if the weathers still good later in the week I'll give it a go.
                              With Frontier T90 satellite can select from 23 E to 7 W, the question I have is that if the satellite at 28 I do not know if you manage to get it.

Comment

Working...