Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Cutting neighbors signal on new dish

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Cutting neighbors signal on new dish

Originally posted by grousebeater
    Hi Guys
    Funnily I was on holiday with the caravan up at John o groats and I was using sat dish on a tripod,chatting with fellow campers the next day and they said that when i was viewing that they lost certain channels I thought he was pulling my leg maybe not..
    Regards grousebeater
    That can never be true in 1000 years. People with less/no education about the satellite television and how it works always make comments like these. Thats the eason they pay 100s of £££ for simple installations and can never sort their problems themselves. There dish may need tweeking or it was bad weather as the caravan's dishes are really small.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by grousebeater
      Hi Guys
      Funnily I was on holiday with the caravan up at John o groats and I was using sat dish on a tripod,chatting with fellow campers the next day and they said that when i was viewing that they lost certain channels I thought he was pulling my leg maybe not..
      Regards grousebeater
      I really don't see how that can happen. Unless your dish was positioned directly in front of his I don't see how it could affect him.

Comment

• Mobley3
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2012

When you see the amount of photographs from some countries where there are hundreds of dishes of all sizes on top of one another it really puts this in perspective, people who do not have a clue will always try to blame someone for their problems.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• josht5
          • Jan 2012

Sounds to me like a very low power short circuit is happening somewhere ... only thing i can think of is similar to both houses having the same electricity connection , same wiring to one grid ... but the more i think about it the more impossible it seems ... i have installed same dish for more dwellings and more dishes to one dwelling and never came across this sort of thing .

Comment

• kostis
            Experienced Board Member
            • Nov 2012

we are having within 30m 7 satellite disks some on them on same sat and never had a problem like that. if you want to wach the same sat then get an lnb with 2 or 4 exits and share the disk.
            If my post was useful, please, use "Thanks" button

Comment

• herrr
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jan 2012

I didn't see this thread when it was born...
              I don't want to offend anybody...but this neighbors controversial it's absolutely the most stupid thing ever heard...
              Just not to write a completely useless post, I add something true.
              You have to pay attention with terrestrial antennas (yagi and log are the most known): the wavelength is longer, so they couple each other.
              Good thing is not to install them closer than a wavelength one to another

Comment

Working...