Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Cutting neighbors signal on new dish

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leveller
    Vip Member
    • Oct 2011

Re: Cutting neighbors signal on new dish

No dish is behind there house and dish.
    Yes signal comes back on when mines off

Changed LNB same problem Used Universal LNB and Fortec LNB also lnb off my mobile satelite dish which should be very weak but same problem arises. Reciever used is a S11 skybox. Ill try it with my old mvision box in the morning and see what happen, Never thought it could be reciever. What would problem be with reciever and could it be fixed or have to be replaced ?

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

I have no idea mate, I'm grasping at straws here. I really don't see how it can be affecting their signal so much.

Comment

• pan1300
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

sorry, I don't have a clue either ; however there must be some explanation ; indeed: try with another receiver ; router and/or IP-problem? some cable interference? only scrambled channels or also fta? ...

Please report back your findings.

Comment

• toby69
          Experienced Board Member
          • Oct 2011

everyones confused with this one, be interesting the outcome, just by chance, is your neighbours box same as yours and conflicting, just a wild guess.
          Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• ecsbox360
            • Sep 2011

Appears your not along with this strange issue. The comments here suggest a solution, might not be the same for your situation however.
            might be worth a read.

xhttp://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/664744-sky-hd-electrical-interference-has-anyone-had-problem.html
            Dislikes the Chinese Openbox Receivers, so much..

Comment

• findeciclo
              Experienced Board Member
              • Oct 2010

I don`t know what`s going on, but I can say you is impossible to cause interference to any sat dish nearly yours. Everywhere you can see thousands dishes in front of, nearly, so close one to one and never there is not problems. If your installation is independient from your neighbours must not be any disturb bettween you and your neighbours. Perhaps is very close an electrical instalation or electrical cables so this can cause signal lose, but if not, it is very rarely your problem.
              Can you install your dish to another place?
              Perhaps would be better to install at the wall.
              Best regards.

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

all things considered. As long as you're not on his property, there's probably not much he can do about it.

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

I was just thinking about how someone can pinch signal.
                  There could be a reason
                  Lets say Your dish is bigger and your neighbour's dish is a small sly dish. When you installed your dish, There were lots of rains after the installation. As a small sly uk dish cant coupe with the extreme weather therefore your neighbour lost the signal but you still had signal because of the bigger dish.
                  Solution
                  1) Easy one: Educate your neighbour about the satellite world and register him on Satlover forum
                  2) Difficult one: wait for British summer for installation
                  If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• Satbeam
                    • Jul 2012

Are both you and your neighbour using independent dual screened coax i.e rg6 versus old tv coax ? Otherwise are you both using video senders ? Cause could also be a snagged coax cable . If you setup your receiver and tv in garden using short coax cable , see will that affect neighbour .Otherwise I'm baffled too .

Comment

• boroboy2020
                      • Jun 2011

When my 1.1M dish went up out the back, a silly tart who lives behind my house shouted out the window one day and told me that since I put my dish up, her bedroom TV stopped working

I laughed it off and told her to jog on, it`s a near enough identical set up to yours, my dish was out my back, facing her back garden and her dish was on the front of her house

In all honesty, as long as you dont have another satellite dish on your house, or if you do, your 80cm is not permanently fixed to the property i.e. on a tripod or can be removed in 30 seconds (or is removed when not in use), you don`t need planning permission in most parts of England so you`re legal so to speak

The only things I can think of is the downlink radiation is bouncing of your (perhapse, poorly aligned) dish and is causing their receivers tuner to become swamped/overloaded with too much signal, killing the tuner off maybe

Silly question, do you use PLT home plugs (ethernet over powerlines) in the home, and when your wife turned off your set top box, did she only turn that off or did she switch off the extention lead with PLT home plugs plugged in or a dect telephone? (I have one of those extention leads behind my tv with loads of plugs in and I`d guess we all do lolol) because PLT home plugs spew out all sorts of noise all over the radio spectrum and they now apparently use spectrum up in the Ghz so they could be to blame, as could DECT telephones as mentioned above and there is even the remote chance that video senders could be to blame too

Is their box an old white thompson sky+ box? They`re prone to getting no signal when the power supply starts to fail.

If possible, can you lend another sky box, take it to their house and plug it in while having your wife turn your box on and off, see if the problem is still there, you might have to swap cards out to double check on the subscription channels but it will work on all but sports and movies

Maybe if you cant get a lend of another sky box you could take your box to their house and take their box to your house (with your dish pointed at 28E) just to see if the problem follows their box

Keep us updated

Comment

• toby69
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Leveller
                        No dish is behind there house and dish.
                        Yes signal comes back on when mines off

Changed LNB same problem Used Universal LNB and Fortec LNB also lnb off my mobile satelite dish which should be very weak but same problem arises. Reciever used is a S11 skybox. Ill try it with my old mvision box in the morning and see what happen, Never thought it could be reciever. What would problem be with reciever and could it be fixed or have to be replaced ?
                        ------------------------------------
                        so leveller, its been some time now, did you sort???
                        we all dying to know, hope did not come to blows???
                        please report, if good members here get same problem, with fix.
                        all interesting.
                        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• odysseas1991
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jan 2011

I laughed when I read this thread because I thought this was entirely impossible.

Now I have a problem since I know someone who might have the same problem. Did you find a fix?

The issue I have been told exists is that their is no incoming signal into the box no matter what you do, even if you adjust the dish manually or whatever you do there is no signal. However, the box and the lnb works on my own setup as I took it home and tested it, so what could be the problem, help anyone?

Comment

• Mobley3
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by odysseas1991
                            I laughed when I read this thread because I thought this was entirely impossible.

Now I have a problem since I know someone who might have the same problem. Did you find a fix?

The issue I have been told exists is that their is no incoming signal into the box no matter what you do, even if you adjust the dish manually or whatever you do there is no signal. However, the box and the lnb works on my own setup as I took it home and tested it, so what could be the problem, help anyone?
                            Sounds like it has to be a cable problem, check for breaks, split in cable and or water ingress. Is it possible to connect a loose cable from receiver to LNB and eliminate all of the above.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• grousebeater
                              • Aug 2012

Hi Guys
                              Funnily I was on holiday with the caravan up at John o groats and I was using sat dish on a tripod,chatting with fellow campers the next day and they said that when i was viewing that they lost certain channels I thought he was pulling my leg maybe not..
                              Regards grousebeater
                              Running
                              Skybox F3
                              Scooby snax F/W
                              TP-Link 500 mps Homeplugs
                              V/Media S/Hub 50mbs

Comment

• gcms
                                Board Senior Member
                                • Aug 2012

hi mate can u expalain that you r and u r neibghor r using the same satellite are these dishes nearby to each other if yes may some chances occur to intrupts each other signal but otherwise no intruption posibiltes r there .

Comment

Working...