Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Cutting neighbors signal on new dish

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leveller
    Vip Member
    • Oct 2011

Cutting neighbors signal on new dish

Just bought a 80cm dish and set it up on a tripod in the back garden, the neighours small sky dishes are at the front of their house. I have have been playing around and they have had no signal since i started it. Is there a way i can work it without inteference. i am sly uk so most people use astra 19E/28E. Was going to buy a motor for it but now seems a waste of money if i cant use it. I have faced it at several different satelites and by what the neighbors have said they have had no signal. and when i took it off there signal came back. The LNB is Fortec Star lnbFBut also tried 4 port universal lnb and same outcome.
  • toby69
    Experienced Board Member
    • Oct 2011

Re: Cutting neighbors signal on new dish

Originally posted by Leveller
    Just bought a 80cm dish and set it up on a tripod in the back garden, the neighours small sky dishes are at the front of their house. I have have been playing around and they have had no signal since i started it. Is there a way i can work it without inteference. i am sly uk so most people use astra 19E/28E. Was going to buy a motor for it but now seems a waste of money if i cant use it. I have faced it at several different satelites and by what the neighbors have said they have had no signal. and when i took it off there signal came back. The LNB is Fortec Star lnbFBut also tried 4 port universal lnb and same outcome.
    ----------------------------------------

i think your neighbours telling porkers, how can they say you pinch there signal when signal is perhaps a few thousand miles from centre to outer reaches, look at it like a torch beam. my 120cm dish is only 20feet from my neighbours sly dish
    Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

Does the front of their house face your back garden, Trying to figure this one out.
      How close are the dishes to eachother? Unless they're right on top of eachother, or yours is directly in the line of sight of their dish I don't see how it's possible.

Comment

• nush
        • Jun 2010

your dish would have to be covering your neighbors dish, just check how dificult it is to block your own signal

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

I reckon he's having you on. Maybe he doesn't like your dish or is just plain jealous.
          Can't see how your dish could block his signal unless directly in front of his dish.
          Even then it would be hard to block out the signal of 28.2e.

Comment

• pan1300
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

hi

don't believe this either ; know people with different dishes just next to eachother for watching different receivers at the same time and works perfectly ; theoretically possible if indeed you are just blocking the signal, but even then I don't believe it - can't you check personally??

Comment

• Leveller
              Vip Member
              • Oct 2011

Thanks this is exactly what i thought but wasnt 100% so didnt want to take them on, I thought i would find experienced peoples opinions first. Took it down now but think its going back up tomorow. I had no issues with my satellite dish on my other box not even a flicker but the dish was in their direction at the back of their houses.

Originally posted by pan1100
              hi

don't believe this either ; know people with different dishes just next to eachother for watching different receivers at the same time and works perfectly ; theoretically possible if indeed you are just blocking the signal, but even then I don't believe it - can't you check personally??
              I will be doing, Im going to set it up as soon as i can and ask if they have a channels still working, He did say that he got onto sky and they said the signal was been blocked and pulled by something and it wasnt them. Oh just had an idea??? Tommorow ill face it towards my Skydish and put it on my dvb card and see if it effects that. while watching my openbox....

[IMG]pic.twitter.com/OeArspQm[/IMG] Pic off satfinder exactly the way it was..

Comment

• ecsbox360
                • Sep 2011

the neighbour clearly has another reason for the lack of signal at their own property.
                Your dish CAN NOT affect the signal received my your neighbours dish.

I notice from the twitter pic you posted, the neighbour on the far right is and end property. It is possible the strong wind/weather experienced in the UK recently has shifted the alignment of their dish slightly.

Either way, not an issue you need to be involved in (unless of course their good friends/neighbours and you wish to help). if not let them sort it out themselves.

Keep us posted on your progress, good luck with the 80cm dish. post pics once its up and running ;-p
                Dislikes the Chinese Openbox Receivers, so much..

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Looking at the pic I don't see it is possible for your dish to block their signal.
                  Ask them to prove it to you.

Comment

• jonny2by4
                    Board Senior Member
                    • May 2011

My neighbour dish is virtually next to mine I never had any signal issues nor have they must be some other reason.

Comment

• Leveller
                      Vip Member
                      • Oct 2011

xwww.weeklygripe.co.uk/a674.asp[/url] I just found this and never thought this possible? Seems it may be plausable............

Comment

• toby69
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Oct 2011

yes but in that article, its one dish directly in front of another, as the installer states who the **** done this, its bound to block signal.
                        one way to find out if your neighbours telling truth is just put your dish up and see if they get theres moved, or they may even ask you to come and have a look.
                        --------
                        just put your dish up, you break no laws (80cm dish size) and as your article cleary states let them get an installer out to move theres.
                        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

Yes. I think legally you're in the clear, so long as the dish is entirely on your property and not above roof height you should be fine.
                          Problem is, do you want to upset your neighbor.
                          How far apart are the dishes? Does it look like your dish is directly in his line of sight?

Comment

• Leveller
                            Vip Member
                            • Oct 2011

I have been checking with neighbors and its is true, I Moved the dish to a different satellite and it was still the same. Went into their house and called my wife to turn off satellite at the mains and everytime she did their satellite came on. Moved it to front of house and theirs is fine. Ah well you learn something everyday. only trouble is i cant leave my dish at front of the house it will dissapear faster than the neighbors signal Just have to wait till i can fit it to my wall and buy a motor. At least i know how to annoy neighbours. thanks everyone, You learn something new everyday........

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

So it's not actually your dish blocking their signal?
                              Their signal comes back on when you switch off your receiver?
                              Can only be an interference issue then, surely?
                              Have you got another lnb to try out? Still don't see how it's happening unless you have faulty cabling, lnb or receiver.

Comment

Working...