Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Trouble with Signal !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mendi19
    Banned
    • Aug 2011

Trouble with Signal !

Im having a problem with the signal ,when changing the satelite i have no signal for e.g: Im on Hotbird ,when moving to Astra ,i dont have signal ,then bavk to hotbir again no Signal ! i dont know why...
    Is there any software that installes the satelites and save's the positon of the motor automatically...
    Or If someone can show me step by step how to install the Satelites and store the postion?

Im using PLiĀ¬Jade3 Xline_Eliote CCcam 2.1.4 Mod_cool753_10.02.2010 Image just incase!

Thanks im waiting for answers !
  • digicon
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Re: Trouble with Signal !

Hi,

have you installed the dish and motor yourself and if so did you follow any guides from any forums to setup your latitude and longitude not only on the motor but also your satellite receiver.

USALS is the easiest option to setup on your motor if your receiver can operate it.

we need more information what type of motor,receiver and your location

Comment

• mendi19
      Banned
      • Aug 2011

I have DM500s ,using motor Diseq 1.2 ,Im from macedonia...
      how you mean to setup my latitude and longitude on my receiver ,everithing i setup i do on my receiver i dont have where else !

Comment

• alfred_1
        Banned
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mendi19
        I have DM500s ,using motor Diseq 1.2 ,Im from macedonia...
        how you mean to setup my latitude and longitude on my receiver ,everithing i setup i do on my receiver i dont have where else !
        If you are using Diseqcs 1.2 than than forget about USALS system for now. What you have to do is to re-store your Satellite positions again by entering 'setup' and fine Tuning each Sat again and storing your new positions. Now if your Dish or motor Elevation (movement of Dish/Motor 'Up and Down') moved slightly than in that case you have to adjust them first before re-storing your Sat positions but if your elevation is ok than just do the restoring only.

Now as regards the USALS, what it entails is that you insert the position (Latitude and Longitude) of your Place in the Receiver software and Provided that your Dish Setup including (most importanly) the Pole are properly aligned than your motor will go to the exact Satellite location automatically. But if you are happy with Diseqc 1.2 than its alright.

Comment

• mendi19
          Banned
          • Aug 2011

So with Diseq 1.2 i must re-store everytime the position of the satelite ,i dont understan one thing ,sometimes it has signal without changing nothing ,sometime it hasnt without changin nothin (i meen without changing the setting of position) ...

For USASL how can i know the position of (Langitude and Longitude)..

Comment

• alfred_1
            Banned
            • Dec 2010

So with Diseq 1.2 i must re-store everytime the position of the satelite ,i dont understan one thing ,sometimes it has signal without changing nothing ,sometime it hasnt without changin nothin (i meen without changing the setting of position) ...

For USASL how can i know the position of (Langitude and Longitude)..
            No with Diseqc 1.2 you don't have to re-store everytime but Once and then the Motor will keep that in its memory.

Now that you are mentioning that the signal comes and goes without you making any changes...well in this case than you either have a loose connection somewhere (for example a Loose 'F'Connector/rf cable has its inner conducter shorting with the outside net) or your Lnb is not performing correctly or loose Motor /Dish Bracket Nuts. In other words make sure that your whole system is stable and performing well.

Comment

• mendi19
              Banned
              • Aug 2011

All is stable ,becaouse i tested on my other receiver ,in the same position,when i input the satelite cable on it ,has signal ,when i input t the dm500s to the same position it hasnt ...
              and the problem is that ,signal are losing some frequencies,for e.g
              on Astra 19E ,Digital+ has signal ,Sky Deutchland no signal ..
              on Hotbird 13E half Sky Italia has signal and half no !!

Comment

• alfred_1
                Banned
                • Dec 2010

All is stable ,becaouse i tested on my other receiver ,in the same position,when i input the satelite cable on it ,has signal ,when i input t the dm500s to the same position it hasnt ...
                and the problem is that ,signal are losing some frequencies,for e.g
                on Astra 19E ,Digital+ has signal ,Sky Deutchland no signal ..
                on Hotbird 13E half Sky Italia has signal and half no !!
                Now the problem seem different from your first thread.....

When you connect your other receiver on say Sky italia do you have signals on all channels? You must check for sure for this because sometimes certain channels which have Vert polarisation are Ok whilst other (Horiz) No. This could be due to a faulty LNB.

If on the other hand everything is ok with the other Receiver...then one must see if the Power supply of the Dreambox is giving the correct voltage because I know that the 500s seem to suffer from this defect especially where a long rf cable is used and therfore the voltage drops at the Lnb input. Normally the voltage should be 14 - 18 Volts depending whether you are using a V or H Channel.

Finally I would suggest to apply a new Channel List to the Dreambox with Dreamboxedit.

Comment

• mendi19
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2011

Maybe is that ,im finding the satelites with the other receiver ,and im just inputin the satelite cable on my DM500s ,and storing the position.. becouse i dont know how to find the position with the dm500s,i press move one step east ,he is gooing 10 steps !!

But thats cant be the problem ,for e.g
                  Im storing the position and everything is ok ,signal ok,changing the chanel to another frequency on the same satelite ,after going back to that chanell signal is gone !

On the same Satelite for e.g
                  Hotbird -> changing the chanel on the same sat it is saying moving the satelite to Hotbird !!
                  Why he is moving when i didnt change the satelit !!!

Sry about this but im realy confused :S

Can this problem be the image im using or No ! and where i can get that DreamBoxEdit

Comment

• alfred_1
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2010

Maybe is that ,im finding the satelites with the other receiver ,and im just inputin the satelite cable on my DM500s ,and storing the position.. becouse i dont know how to find the position with the dm500s,i press move one step east ,he is gooing 10 steps !!

But thats cant be the problem ,for e.g
                    Im storing the position and everything is ok ,signal ok,changing the chanel to another frequency on the same satelite ,after going back to that chanell signal is gone !

Hotbird -> changing the chanel on the same sat it is saying moving the satelite to Hotbird !!

Can this problem be the image im using or No ! and where i can get that DreamBoxEdit
                    Look I do not have a DB 500 myself so I can't tell you exactly where to enter in the Box But from what you are saying the problem seems to be getting more complicated...its not easy to give answers when one is not present to see for himself.... As regards new image.....it could be your present image got corrupted so you need to re-flash..... but if you are not familiar with flashing new Images or sending New Channel Lists I will refrain from doing so.

Comment

• mendi19
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2011

i THINK i know to flash i did it my self using FLASHWIZARD,but i dont know how to send New Channel lists !?

Comment

• pat3
                        Board Senior Member
                        • Sep 2010

seems that different channels on the same satellite have different diseqc positions. configure the satellites ...
                        Please push thanks.

Comment

• mendi19
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by pat3
                          seems that different channels on the same satellite have different diseqc positions. configure the satellites ...
                          But you know what is realy confusing me , at night without changing anything ,all satellites ,and all frequences have signal ...that is why im realy confused,at day at the same position no signal ,at night without changing anything it have signal lol !!
                          i tested this for 3 days and its realy like that ,at night signal ,at day no signal half of frequences !

Comment

• alfred_1
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2010

i THINK i know to flash i did it my self using FLASHWIZARD,but i dont know how to send New Channel lists !?
                            Download from here _http://www.multiupload.com/Z0AP55SK51

(Remove the Underscore hypen when copying thread to Address Browser).

But you know what is realy confusing me , at night without changing anything ,all satellites ,and all frequences have signal ...that is why im realy confused,at day at the same position no signal ,at night without changing anything it have signal lol !!
                            i tested this for 3 days and its realy like that ,at night signal ,at day no signal half of frequences !
                            You see now this is something new which you are saying (that at night signal is ok and during the day No) Its not only you alone who is getting confused...... Anyway now this shoudn't be unless the Channels are weak ones....and so during the Day (because of the attenuation caused by the heat of the Sun) they vanish...but I personally don't think so.... What you did not explain is...since when did you start to have this problem? or was always like that....

Comment

• mendi19
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2011

@alfred_1
                              The file dont exists...

look now to explain in more details...
                              I had other Receiver Digital telecom X-1001 mini ,and i didnt use it the last 3-4 mounths,then i was gooing to buy DM,but when i turn it on the old receiver there was no signal,it was the problem to LNB,i dont know why but it didnt work,then i changed the LNB but i put an old LNB taken from my neighbor,and then i bought DM500s,and i installed all satelites and was ok,but 1 day later when i turned ON the DM the problem started !!
                              I think now i explained whery good...

Comment

Working...