Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Sky Deutschland strikes HD cable deal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anacondama
    Banned
    • Jul 2010

Sky Deutschland strikes HD cable deal

Sky Deutschland has entered into a framework agreement that will put all ten Sky HD channels into an additional 600,000 cable households. The satcaster will provide the seven HD streams already on the air and a further three launching this Friday (August 13) to the 140 members of Deutsche Netz Marketing GmbH (DNMG), the largest marketing organisation within German cable.

“We are very pleased that we’ve successfully reached a timely agreement with our partners at DNMG for the distribution of our complete HD service,” said Wolfram Winter, senior vice president, distribution development, Sky Deutschland.

“This enables Sky Deutschland to continue making progress in the expansion of its high definition programming and to strengthen its market-leading position as the provider of qualitatively high-value HD content.”

Sky already had a contract in place with Netcologne, but the new arrangement puts its channel packages in a series of other regional networks that include wilhelm.tel (Norderstedt), willy.tel (Hamburg), S+K Servicekabel (Halle) and Teleco (Cottbus). The largest member of DNMG is Tele Columbus.

In addition, Sky has strengthened an existing agreement with Kabel & Medien Service (KMS) Munich, which allows customers to subscribe to Sky packages through KMS retail outlets.

The current line-up of Sky Cinema HD, Sky Sport HD, Disney Cinemagic HD, Eurosport HD, Discovery HD, National Geographic HD and History HD will this weekend be joined by Sky Sport HD 2, Sky Cinema Hits HD and Sky Action HD. However HD channels produced by the ProSiebenSat.1 group remain outside of the Sky offer. To view those, the German consumer needs to subscribe to the SES-Astra led HD+ bouquet, which currently uses a different set of technologies to Sky.
  • zoran89
    Experienced Board Member
    • Mar 2010

Re: Sky Deutschland strikes HD cable deal

I realy dont understand how Sky D is so seccessful with that litle channels and that prise.

Comment

• superhefty
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by zoran89
      I realy dont understand how Sky D is so seccessful with that litle channels and that prise.
      Oh no! Sky Germany isn´t succesfull! their balance is each year continuously negatively. Murdoch had to invest straight only again millions. They try to make money with all means

hefty

Comment

• zoran89
        Experienced Board Member
        • Mar 2010

Well they have small offer and big price, but I always tought that they have lot of success.

Comment

• superhefty
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by zoran89
          Well they have small offer and big price, but I always tought that they have lot of success.
          They do not have approximately success the other PayTv companies to have. They were also often enough insolvent. I think without the Bundesliga they would look old.

hefty

Comment

Working...