Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duhoki
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Risks of cardsharing

Bokkie, that is a software that you are going to use on youy pc. which will "hide" your pc network and not every client in you network. Or are you going to use that on another way that cover all your network?

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

I'm going to enter the settings in Openvpn which should theoretically hide my stb activity.
      It is quite complicated though so might take a while to configure.

Comment

• mahrkpat
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
        I'm going to enter the settings in Openvpn which should theoretically hide my stb activity.
        It is quite complicated though so might take a while to configure.
        How will you test if your stb is hidden I'm using other vpn program but not sure what they are hiding.
        Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Well you're not really hiding, you're just connecting through a different server so that your I.P is different. That way if ever someone tried to trace you they would get as far as the vpn server and not your home i.p.

Comment

• mahrkpat
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2012

when I use Tor and I do security check on the web I appear with a different ip and even information about the browser is blocked in incognito mode but as mentioned speed drops a little bit, but at the same time if I'm using a p to p program to download, it doesn't seem to lose speed.

When I use Hotspot shield same as above but p to p blocked therefore does that mean that Tor only works with a browser and Hotspotshield covers access by all on your Lan.

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

I think Tor is a browser plugin, so yes I think you are correct.
              hotspotshield is a program downloaded to your pc which you launch to route through a server.
              I don't think either of these are compatible with a stb though.

Comment

• mahrkpat
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by pan1100
                hi mahrkpat

Are you using clines from here?
                If so + also confirmed by bokkie (ip changes every few days): also not clear to me what toby exactly meant with 'i think if you change ip, you lose servers, only one username allowed'.
                Seems possible though or did I get you wrong, or did you mean something completely else?
                Yes you have not got me wrong but when you disconnect, your cline is not active too, therefore I assume when you reconnect it appears as no one is using that cline and it can be made active by another ip.

Correct me if I am wrong in my assumption.

Comment

• duhoki
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Aug 2011

I really dont believe that hotspotshield will have the ability to hide your ip for all you clients. When your receiver talk to internet it go like this receiver-->router-->internet.
                  When you are on your pc you have the software hotspotshield(tor.etc) that tell your ip packets to go to a specified destination where it gets redirected to right destination. You can config your application on your computer to use tor network so everything you do on you pc will be anonymous.

But if the linux receivers or some router would implement support for software like tor, and it was good for use with cs, it would be a very great function to use for more anonymous.

Comment

• pan1300
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by mahrkpat
                    Yes you have not got me wrong but when you disconnect, your cline is not active too, therefore I assume when you reconnect it appears as no one is using that cline and it can be made active by another ip.

Correct me if I am wrong in my assumption.
                    hi mahrkpat

That's what I think also (although it's just a theoretically thought).
                    Little suggestion: perhaps someone (with a changing ip) can test this and report back. So we'll know whether the lines keep on working after ip-change or not (and then have to be changed manually afterwards).

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by duhoki
                      But if the linux receivers or some router would implement support for software like tor, and it was good for use with cs, it would be a very great function to use for more anonymous.
                      They do, it's called openvpn. So far it is only working with hide my ass vpn though, as far as I know.
                      ****** openvpn dreambox or open vpn vu+ and you'll see.
                      Not easy to configure though!

Comment

• duhoki
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by pan1100
                        hi mahrkpat

That's what I think also (although it's just a theoretically thought).
                        Little suggestion: perhaps someone (with a changing ip) can test this and report back. So we'll know whether the lines keep on working after ip-change or not (and then have to be changed manually afterwards).
                        I am not sure what you guys exactly want to know here, but your receiver only know one thing, if it wants to use Internet(server) it have to send the request to your home router and from there forwarded to the Internet. When your ip changes it is happening in ms-s so none of your client on the network will have noticeable changes.

Comment

• McrRed
                          • Jul 2012

I think if the powers that be want to find your IP address then they can using forensic techniques.
                          The use of going through anonymous/ip address changers is that it makes it more difficult for the casual trace.
                          My theory is it's a bit like having a dog or a burglar alarm at home. It wouldn't stop a determined thief but a casual one will go somewhere else...

Comment

• pan1300
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by McrRed
                            I think if the powers that be want to find your IP address then they can using forensic techniques.
                            The use of going through anonymous/ip address changers is that it makes it more difficult for the casual trace.
                            My theory is it's a bit like having a dog or a burglar alarm at home. It wouldn't stop a determined thief but a casual one will go somewhere else...
                            that's correct, ok forensic techniques exist, but (happily for us perhaps) may not completely be used (due to laws and privacy - but think these are different in different countries).

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

But from my understanding, if you use a 3g router and data sim they can only trace which mobile phone tower you're getting your signal from.
                              Is that correct?

Comment

• igius12
                                Board Senior Member
                                • Sep 2011

any risk of entering in your pc ?

Comment

Working...