Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Risks of cardsharing

Of course there is always the possibility of one day receiving a bill from the satellite provider as was mentioned in a previous reply.
    Let's hope we can all stay safe so this never happens.

Comment

• rizwan
      Experienced Board Member
      • Sep 2010

There is very few examples to be caught as consider all over the world
      Vu+ Solo2
      Dream Box 800HD,
      Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
      HP LCD W2338h
      Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

If you make it easy for them there is always a chance.
        But if we take steps to try be safe they will have to weigh the cost up.
        will it really be worth the expense for them? I don't think so.
        in these cases I think only the server is at risk.
        So take some precautions and we should be ok.

Comment

• pan1300
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

In fact, to me: risk or no risk: I'll quietly continue as I'm doing now. As said: keep low profile and don't promote to too many others you know directly. For those who already received sort of letter or warning, best to be very cautious. Once you're 'known', risk is very real and better good considering if stopping isn't the best/safest option (really my feeling - isn't worth it)!

Comment

• vanbasten
            • Jun 2012

does anyone have any info on the laws in different countries or geographic locations ie eaastern/central europe vs the rest? I know in my country it is pretty widespread and we have much more important issues than trying to catch someone using a server online to watch some documentary channels.

but maybe it is safer to watch packages that are not from your home country? i mean if you are in bulgaria dont watch satellite bg just switch to some other package from uk, after all they also have nat geographic

and in terms of weighing the cost, i think it is easier and cheaper for them to change the encryption system than go after every server or guy using it. that is what bulsatcom did when they switched to bulcrypt from irdeto

Comment

• pan1300
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by vanbasten
              and in terms of weighing the cost, i think it is easier and cheaper for them to change the encryption system than go after every server or guy using it. that is what bulsatcom did when they switched to bulcrypt from irdeto
              sadly that's been mostly the case - I've already mentioned it here somewhere, that a seemingly good measure against CS has been introduced on about 4 packages 'here' I know of the last few months (max 4 channels open at the same time on 1 card) - so more cards and encryptions needed. Hope no more packages will be like this . Also new needed cards was a countermeasure.

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

I think that the hackers will always find a way to open these again for us. It's just a matter if time until they find a way around it.

Comment

• microchick
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

In fact it was all started by NDS, Mr Murdoch. He Hacked the ITV Digital and Canalsat fromFrance just for his business purposes. UK members will remember the "Panorama" on BBC1 a few weeks ago.
                  If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• pan1300
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                    I think that the hackers will always find a way to open these again for us. It's just a matter if time until they find a way around it.
                    Let's hope so, what else would be do? Search a new hobby?
                    Serious: as long as there's no personal warning or contacting to me directly, all fine.

Can't read all posts here, but there was a discussion here somewhere about safe paying methods - I asked a friend, and he referred to some kind of anonymous coin system (didn't get no more info)

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

There are ways of paying anonymously, and this is always a good option.
                      The problem is that most servers only accept paypal. So the question is how to open an anonymous paypal account?

Comment

• microchick
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Apr 2012

Yes most of the people won't accept a paypal payment unless you have a verified address. Haven't got experience with the paid servers but have some personal experience with the flea bay. Most of them won't post items unless your address is verified.
                        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

I'm looking into getting a prepaid credit card. I've read the it is possible to open a paypal account with one but it is limited to payments only.

Comment

• toby69
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Oct 2011

experience members here get line, from boss, mr satlover, (at no cost) less risk, as no traceable cash transaction.
                            Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• pan1300
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

hi toby69

That's completely correct and highly appreciated by (I presume) all involved here.
                              In fact as I see it the 2 biggest risks are:
                              - payment -> as you said: here no problem
                              - the connection to the server itself -> keep connection time as low as possible ; and while connecting try to be 'anonymous' by hiding and/or changing IP

I think that's basically what's this thread is about, or I should be wrong.

------------------------------------------
                              i think if you change ip, you lose servers, only one username allowed.

Comment

• toby69
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Oct 2011

yes my friend, you about got it there, no cash not traceable, to be 100%, i always turn off sat box and router at wall sockets when not in use, lowers the risk, if any.
                                Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

Working...