Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Risks of cardsharing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Risks of cardsharing

That's correct, cash all the way. Even if they has cctv I doubt they'd go to that extreme but there are loads of ways to surf anonymously

Comment

• dniestre
      Banned
      • Mar 2012

I was to open a new topic but I think it fits this topic:

Police investigate hacking of Canal+ in Spain

23-06-2012

A judge in Alicante, Spain, is investigating a network dedicated to hacking the internet signal for the Canal+ platform, according to sources close to the investigation. The investigation, which is the responsibility of the Technology Crime Brigade National Police, involves dozens of people in Spain in the Cordoba town of Lucena.

It is alleged that a users' forum illegally discharged the signal, a type of crime known as card sharing, which provides illicit access to pay-TV broadcasts.

The Alicante court has identified two of the users, while a third has been accused, according to sources. The police investigations are continuing, with fraud relating to Digital+, Csat, Canal+ (France), Premiere (Germany), Canal Digital (Holland) and other similar pay-TV operators.
      from: _http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2012062322639/police-investigate-hacking-of-digital-in-spain.html

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

Wow. That's a bit concerning. I assume they mean the servers when they refer to users.

Comment

• spannersmanner
          • Jun 2012

of course there are risk, but does that not add to the fun of our hobbies

Comment

• mahrkpat
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2012

At the moment it is still for the hobbyist, don't you think if they tried to catch and prosecute more people, it would get more publicity then more people would want to try it.
            To date does anyone how many people have actually got caught and been prosecuted in the U.K or the rest of europe.
            Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• pan1300
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

indeed: scary! ; I also hope they mean the server owners.
              For those living in Spain in the Cordoba town of Lucena: best to shut everything down and keep very quiet/offline for some time ; is indeed a bit of the fun, but in their case, think it's not worth it and not at all!

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mahrkpat
                At the moment it is still for the hobbyist, don't you think if they tried to catch and prosecute more people, it would get more publicity then more people would want to try it.
                To date does anyone how many people have actually got caught and been prosecuted in the U.K or the rest of europe.
                That's exactly what I've been saying. If you ask 100 people maybe 1 or 2 will know what cs is. If the television broadcasters had to start going after everyone it would be in all the papers, news, etc.
                It would also go with an in depth description of what it is, making more people aware of it.

Comment

• kigh
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by dniestre
                  I was to open a new topic but I think it fits this topic:

from: _http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2012062322639/police-investigate-hacking-of-digital-in-spain.html

I'm in Spain - and never heard about this... strange - I'll ****** for it - but on tv untill now I didn't see about this... the only thing I saw was about the new electronic equippments being "life duration programmed"... So a printer if it has 1 year of guarantee - it last 14 monts - for example...

Comment

• pan1300
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bokkie
                    That's exactly what I've been saying. If you ask 100 people maybe 1 or 2 will know what cs is. If the television broadcasters had to start going after everyone it would be in all the papers, news, etc.
                    It would also go with an in depth description of what it is, making more people aware of it.
                    Totally agree with you.

Just a little addition: in the press I never heard of CS, with 1 exception: there's a TV magazine (netherlands) which always writes a review of a receiver, a few times they mentioned terms as 'CS', 'hobbiest' and 'alternative firmware'.

To be honoust, even most of my friends and family don't know about CS or my hobby either ; may seem strange, but I like it to keep that way.

Frankly, the less people know about it, the best (my feeling - sorry for the forum(s))

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

But when mr murdoch decides enough is enough there will be trouble.
                      He has the money, power and resources to take on anybody.
                      Not to mention he hasn't had a good time of it in the u.k. lately with news international, bskyb, phone tapping, etc.

Comment

• duhoki
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Aug 2011

Here in norway in the last year there is really growing press focus on such thing like cs. Every time police do anything or the tv providers say anything about something with cs the press here in norway is on fire to tell about this. This something to with that more and more cs communitys here is getting infeltraited by the police and the nordic anti cs organization named "stop".

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

Well from what I've heard ( my father is Swedish ) the police are extremely efficient in norway. Always at the forefront in attacking organised crime, etc.
                          Must be one of the reasons norway is consistently voted one of the best places to live. Doesn't help us though.

Comment

• ra36uk

Isn't there a proxy or something you can use?

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

There is a plug-in called openvpn. Not very easy to get going and I've not tried it yet.
                              But there are tutorials out there.

Comment

• duhoki
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Aug 2011

There is many thing you can do to bee more annonymus, but as long as i or other people here do it in private(1-3 users) there is not such a great risk of getting caught, but when you join a bigger cs community with 300+ users you then are more vurneble to get caughet,infeltrated by the police or the nordic anti cs organization.

and yes norway is one of the best place to live

Comment

Working...