Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

4K Demo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rizwan
    Experienced Board Member
    • Sep 2010

4K Demo

Many Satellite have now 4K demo Channels FTA, how can watch these ? They have HEVC format, DM have any driver to watch them ?
    Vu+ Solo2
    Dream Box 800HD,
    Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
    HP LCD W2338h
    Samsung LED 40 C5000
  • Mobley3
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: 4K Demo

Don't know about drivers, but, obviously the first thing you will need is a 4K display,
    either with TV or Screen/projector. TV prices seem to be coming down to an affordable level now. Think it will probably be another 12 months before you see any real emergence of Stb's fit for purpose, and at an affordable price.

regards mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• skytec
      Experienced Board Member
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by rizwan
      Many Satellite have now 4K demo Channels FTA, how can watch these ? They have HEVC format, DM have any driver to watch them ?
      I think you need a new reciver with HEVC 4K Real-time Hardware Decoder.
      Procesor is to weak do this work.
      Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• thecrazybandit
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jul 2012

I use a panasonic 4k tv and it is very good i have been told by a sly adviser over the phone that sly uk will have 4k box out next year but no mention of price

Comment

• rizwan
          Experienced Board Member
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by skytec
          I think you need a new reciver with HEVC 4K Real-time Hardware Decoder.
          Procesor is to weak do this work.
          Which is new Box ? I have also Solo2
          Vu+ Solo2
          Dream Box 800HD,
          HP LCD W2338h
          Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• besit
            Board Senior Member
            • Aug 2011

When I found there's a 4K test channel on 13E I decided to try it
            So what I've done. I installed hevc plugin for vlc, set up capture device and tried to watch. It was just a static frame with some kind of sails in green tones and music in background.
            Hmm. I tried to save the stream to watch it later. I found a problem - vlc haven't treat hevc stream as video, so I saved entire transponder stream, about 20 seconds, then opened it with mkvtoolnix, choosen hevc video and it's ac3 audio and saved mkv file.
            At last I opened this file in windows with mpchc, but framerate was about 1 frame/5-10 sec. But there were big enough pictures - 3840x2160.
            I decided to explore why my comp doesn't bear hevc 4k video. I found that for software decoding of hevc 4k takes a top i7 cpu which costs here 2K $. So I decided it's absolutely not necessary to decode such streams on PC.

For now what I heard about hevc 4k decoding - to watch it you need 1 of these:
            1. newest top video card from NVIDIA
            2. 4K TV with sat tuner
            3. there are some Chinese usb-sticks android driven with hevc hardware support like this _http://ru.aliexpress.com/store/product/Measy-B4S-HDMI-XBMC-Media-Player-RK3288-Quad-Core-H-265-Android-Smart-TV-Box-Cortex/236314_2024028649.html

Comment

• naiarty
              • Apr 2010

For free 4K channel one solution is one tv 4k(Philips 79090 who have sat tuner built in and of course have display for 4k.
              In windows i tried too with one sky star and one good pc but my monitor samsung do not work in that rezolution just 1080P so first must have one display and after have codec .In laptop with I 7 and 2k display i see some clip from ******* in 4k.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jul 2012

The panasonic 4 k tv i have has twin sat tuners but will not open 4k transmissions i did not think that there was any 4k tv that would open 4 k with out a 4k sat box

Comment

• rizwan
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Sep 2010

If there is no well known Box in market, then, why they demonstrating ?
                  Vu+ Solo2
                  Dream Box 800HD,
                  HP LCD W2338h
                  Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• digicon
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by thecrazybandit
                    The panasonic 4 k tv i have has twin sat tuners but will not open 4k transmissions i did not think that there was any 4k tv that would open 4 k with out a 4k sat box
                    I am very surprised to hear that as i recently did a couple of installs for customers who had Samsung 4K TV's with built in satellite tuners and these TV's where able to receive both the test transmission from 19.2° east and 28.2° east both 4K test channels

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jul 2012

The tv would not pick them up from a normal scan i will try a manual scan and post the results

Just tried a manual scan and it pick up the uhd demo but all i can get is sound no picture i tried 12441V Dvb-s2 qpsk 29500 3/4 astra 28 east

Comment

• digicon
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by thecrazybandit
                        The tv would not pick them up from a normal scan i will try a manual scan and post the results

Just tried a manual scan and it pick up the uhd demo but all i can get is sound no picture i tried 12441V Dvb-s2 qpsk 29500 3/4 astra 28 east

Very starnge you should be able to see the Picture as the satellite tuner is built directly into the 4K TV, all i can say is it worked on the Samsung 55" 8500 and a 55" 7500 series 4K UHD TV's both models had exactly the same as the panasonic 2 x Built in Satellite tuners

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jul 2012

I phoned the Panasonic tec team and they said that the Panasonic Ax802 4k tv will not open UHD TV something to do with HVEC side of the tv different formats i also phoned the local tv dealer who also told that the only tv that he new of that was opening the UHD demo channels was Samsung so it looks like i will have to wait for a 4K box

Comment

• rizwan
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Sep 2010

So, missing link is still hardware, not a software issue
                            Vu+ Solo2
                            Dream Box 800HD,
                            HP LCD W2338h
                            Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• fandm
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Aug 2011

Looks like the same old story no one gives a toss about the purchaser. they are at it again all using different formats stuff the buyer

Comment

Working...