Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Vu+ Solo2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Vu+ Solo2

I just installed a sundtek usb tuner in my solo2 to try out cable. Split vermin feed and had the usb tuner installed and running in 20 minutes. I have HD back now. Yippeeee

Comment

• rizwan
      Experienced Board Member
      • Sep 2010

I just download the Openspa 3.1 and try it later today
      Vu+ Solo2
      Dream Box 800HD,
      Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
      HP LCD W2338h
      Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• rizwan
        Experienced Board Member
        • Sep 2010

Flashing this OpenSpa 3.1 is not a nice experience, it make box behavior slightly strange , my box start thinking more about any action, so, back to PLI 4.0
        Vu+ Solo2
        Dream Box 800HD,
        HP LCD W2338h
        Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• nml52
          Board Senior Member
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by rizwan
          Flashing this OpenSpa 3.1 is not a nice experience, it make box behavior slightly strange , my box start thinking more about any action, so, back to PLI 4.0
          yes rizwan I totally agree. In my opinion the best image by far is OpenPli.
          When I installed openspa most of the remote control keys were in the wrong place and even after a bit of remapping keys it wasn't right.
          Anyone who has used a dreambox will find the same problem unless the are using BlackHole or preferably OpenPli.

The reason I use it is as I said beta testing of plugins on various images, but for anyone new to VU+ who wants to try different images and plugins it is the best way to go because the multiboot images,plugins etc are in USB and not in flash there is no problem with filling the memory so install as many as you want.

As I said I only use OpenSpa for multiboot not as an alternative and OpenPili has been running in multiboot on it now with no problems for 3 months.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, if you are back on OpenPli in flash don't forget the swapfile.

nml

Comment

• naiarty
            • Apr 2010

Hi .plese some one can confirm if BH. image work in meeoboot with open spa in flash because i like Black Hole image in flash but i can not instal open pli in styck image do not boot In that situation how i can have booth image to work?

Comment

• nml52
              Board Senior Member
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by naiarty
              Hi .plese some one can confirm if BH. image work in meeoboot with open spa in flash because i like Black Hole image in flash but i can not instal open pli in styck image do not boot In that situation how i can have booth image to work?
              No Blackhole will not work on Openspa multiboot and Openpli will not work on Blackhole Meoboot.
              The only way you can use both is to do full backups on 2 separate usb sticks and reflash.

Hope this helps,
              nml

Comment

• scart
                • Jun 2013

I tried OpenPLI but it was very slow, and I mean 1990-slow....
                It took like 10 seconds to scroll to each setting in the setup menu... I went back to BH which was much faster. What could the reason to the slowness be?

Comment

• kalpikos
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by scart
                  I tried OpenPLI but it was very slow, and I mean 1990-slow....
                  It took like 10 seconds to scroll to each setting in the setup menu... I went back to BH which was much faster. What could the reason to the slowness be?
                  Hello

Did you put Openpli in multiboot?

I use openpli4 for many months and it's the fastest image I have I ever try.
                  Openpli3, it was a bit slowly, but openpli4 is really very fast and can boot in less that a minute from deep standby.

I have not installed many plugins (only the necessaries) and it's very stable.

Do you use openpli 3 or 4?

Also, don't use versions with built-in plugins and addons.

Download from the official page of openpli the last image that you will find and install it.
                  If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• scart
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by kalpikos
                    Hello

Did you put Openpli in multiboot?

I use openpli4 for many months and it's the fastest image I have I ever try.
                    Openpli3, it was a bit slowly, but openpli4 is really very fast and can boot in less that a minute from deep standby.

I have not installed many plugins (only the necessaries) and it's very stable.

Do you use openpli 3 or 4?

Also, don't use versions with built-in plugins and addons.

Download from the official page of openpli the last image that you will find and install it.
                    No, I installed it in the flash. I downloaded openpli 4 latest nightly build and installed it. It was slow from the very start and it was so unbearably slow that I reflashed BH before I was done with the setup wizard... So it was not that I had alot of plugins or anything. The boot was fast, but the interface was very slow. It took about 5-10 seconds to move from for example Satellite configuration to the next setting...

Comment

• kalpikos
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by scart
                      It took about 5-10 seconds to move from for example Satellite configuration to the next setting...
                      This is not normal

Do you have any HDD or usb connected turing the installation?

Is your solo2 genuine or clone?

Did you noticed such a behavior with other images?

Comment

• rizwan
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Sep 2010

I never face that kind of issue on OpenPli, even on 3, Now I am using 4, My opinion its fastest
                        Vu+ Solo2
                        Dream Box 800HD,
                        HP LCD W2338h
                        Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• scart
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by kalpikos
                          This is not normal

Do you have any HDD or usb connected turing the installation?

Is your solo2 genuine or clone?

Did you noticed such a behavior with other images?
                          Yes I have a HDD installed in my GENUINE box, and I am installing the image through a USB-stick.
                          I have only tried out BH and OpenPLI, and with BH I dont get these problems.

I will try to install openpli later again and see if it still acts that way.

Comment

• kalpikos
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Sep 2011

I suggest you to unplug the HDD and see if that makes any difference.

Also, it's better to use a usb stick for picons and epg because every time that the box needs data for them, the HDD should spin up and that can take some seconds.
                            The HDD is going on sleep mode after some time and that can be the cause of delay.

Comment

• naiarty
                              • Apr 2010

Hi to all wich have an Vu solo 2 please if some one know wich image work exactly in multiboot in styck with Open spa image in flash (for example VTI.VIX or just open pli variants)I use now BH.last image in flash i think very good team suport good server for plugin fast and stable and you can make faster with one built in plugin wich remove all unwanted plugin ,and in meoboot i use vti pen spa, open vix and some image backup by kalemis all work good and if you have more image you can make some just for satelite receiver with cccam and no other plugin and oter imag just for iptv,and receiver is faster than you have all in same image,in tuner A i have an motorized antenna and in B is focus on hotbird 13 so i can see and record in same time many channel from diffrent transponder .
                              I am sorry just the open pli image do not work in meoboot with BH,in flash and open pli do not have meoboot and BH. not workin meoboot if in flash is not the BH ,image.
                              sorry for my english.

Comment

• rizwan
                                Experienced Board Member
                                • Sep 2010

Just read previous Posts of nml in this thread, you may have your answer
                                Vu+ Solo2
                                Dream Box 800HD,
                                HP LCD W2338h
                                Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

Working...