Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Adding a new TP to Spiderbox HD9000

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sataday
    Board Senior Member
    • Dec 2011

Adding a new TP to Spiderbox HD9000

When manually adding a new TP. Go to Motor Setup. You are then told to press "red" TP edit. After you have done that you are told to press "green" TP add. DON'T DO SO! just highlight "frequency" and overwrite the frequency that is there, don't worry, it won't delete that frequency. Once done exit and save.
    If you follow the onscreen message and press "green" you will end up with an unwanted 00000 frequency.
  • Mobley3
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: Adding a new TP to Spiderbox HD9000

[QUOTE=sataday;285876]When manually adding a new TP. Go to Motor Setup. You are then told to press "red" TP edit. After you have done that you are told to press "green" TP add. DON'T DO SO! just highlight "frequency" and overwrite the frequency that is there, don't worry, it won't delete that frequency. Once done exit and save.
    If you follow the onscreen message and press "green" you will end up with an unwanted 00000 frequency.[/QUOTE

Why do you not do it by adding it in Manual Scan? I think you are creating problems that are not there. Using Manual Scan ......Green Button TP ADD, enter the details and save. No problems.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• sataday
      Board Senior Member
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Mobley3

Why do you not do it by adding it in Manual Scan? I think you are creating problems that are not there. Using Manual Scan ......Green Button TP ADD, enter the details and save. No problems.

Regards Mobley3
      Yes thats what I do, but if I go back into Motor Setup, in Frequency it shows a blank TP has also been added. (0v 0)

Comment

• Mobley3
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2012

Strange, I have updated several Sats recently 13E,16E, 19E, 42E adding tp's as described, I have just checked them now and there are no 0 tp's. Maybe some others can confirm if it happens for them. I regularly delete any inactive tp's to keep the count low, had my 9000 for 3 years now and no problems other than the odd reboot to sort out the odd glitch.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• sataday
          Board Senior Member
          • Dec 2011

That's interesting Mobley. For some reason mine has always thrown up a blank tp after adding one. I thought it was a general thing, but it sound as though it's just me.
          Why? I wonder.

Comment

• Mobley3
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2012

Have you loaded the latest BillyBits list. They are usually very much up to date and he usually clears out any dross that has collected, also get the latest Biss keys too.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• thecrazybandit
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Mobley3
              Strange, I have updated several Sats recently 13E,16E, 19E, 42E adding tp's as described, I have just checked them now and there are no 0 tp's. Maybe some others can confirm if it happens for them. I regularly delete any inactive tp's to keep the count low, had my 9000 for 3 years now and no problems other than the odd reboot to sort out the odd glitch.

Regards Mobley3
              No problem here like you said just delete dead tps then add the new one always works fine for me

Comment

• alochans
                • Jan 2013

Hi Guys, sorry to butt in, but does no one use the Channel Editor on the PC anymore !!

I update my channel list everyday, adding and deleting transponders is a breeze, then once a week I copy it over to my 9000HD using a USB stick.

The good thing about using the channel editor is that it creates a backup file of the original channel list, in the event of a cock ups !
                Spiderbox 9000HD 86cm Penta Dish & TM2300 Disq Motor

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Jul 2012

Something i have never used i always use the box to edit channels and tp but i see what you mean it is easier on a pc to edit

Comment

• Mobley3
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jun 2012

Like thecrazybandit I have never used one either. I check Flysat & KingofSat regularly and if I find something of interest I add it. As I usually watch only a couple of different sats
                    on a regular basis I have no need to keep them all fully up to date.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• sataday
                      Board Senior Member
                      • Dec 2011

Sorted..........I tried someone elses channel list and the problem I had wasn't there. So I did a factory reset and reloaded my channel list. and the problem has gone. Whether the channel list was corrupted, or the box was, I don't know, but it's now ok.
                      Happy Sataday.

Comment

• Mobley3
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2012

Good to hear that sataday, If you are adding transponders in the future best to delete any dead ones first.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

Working...