Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Is it end of 3D technology in tv?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtyDonki
    • May 2011

Re: Is it end of 3D technology in tv?

Ultra-HD is a silly move. There is no material for it nor are any Service Provders showing any content. There are no plans for it in the near future either. So buying a capable device now would be a complete waste.

3D was and is a great evolution but sadly the take up was too slow which I believe is a clear indicator as to where Ultra-HD is destined to go also, especially in these hard times.

Comment

• Mobley3
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2012

I was looking at an Ultra HD set at the weekend priced at just over €3000.00 so prices are dropping all the time, if 3D TV is to have any success the set makers need to really get moving with glass-less sets and also catch the imagination of the public.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• kalpikos
        Experienced Board Member
        • Sep 2011

I believe that UltraHD is something like HD few years ago.
        We were saying the same things about prices, about support etc

It's very early for someone to buy a Ultra HD tv nowadays but I think that after 2-3 years will be very popular and HD tvs will be in the same position as HD ready now that only few people are buying them for special reasons.

Ultra HD will change the 3D because increase the x4 the viwable resulution.
        If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• pan1300
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Mobley3
          I was looking at an Ultra HD set at the weekend priced at just over €3000.00 so prices are dropping all the time ...
          hi Mobley

just out of curiousity: did you see any difference with real HD? I'm a bit critical, because I doubt our eyes can see the difference (in normal size and normal distance = at home)?

Comment

• newten
            • Dec 2013

Is only the beginning... i think
            Resolutions - UHDV
            16k - 15360 x 8640
            8k - 7680 x 4320
            4k - 3840 x 2160
            HD or 2k - 1920 x 1080

I agree, that prices of Tv in 4k are very expensive... actually nobody can buy.
            But in 2 years the prices will be more cheaper...

For curiosity, the 16k not programmed to come to the market until 2020.

This is the future.

Comment

• Mobley3
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by pan1100
              hi Mobley

just out of curiousity: did you see any difference with real HD? I'm a bit critical, because I doubt our eyes can see the difference (in normal size and normal distance = at home)?
              Sorry pan1100, just saw you post, I was only in the store to buy a food mixer, Lol, so did not have much time to watch, but the picture looked very good, my previous experience watching was on an 84 inch screen and that was certainly spectacular. On a 40 to 50 inch screen ( normal for most people I think) I would say it is the difference between watching the same movie on Blu-Ray v DVD. Personally I would go the extra if I was buying a new TV.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

Working...