Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Sly Broadband

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boomtown rat
    • Jul 2013

Sly Broadband

Quick question I have seen this asked before but all answers are over a year old,
    Is it a bad idea to use a client box if sky are my broadband provider?
    What's the chances of being detected I am probably only going to watch the footie on the card sharing box then unplug if there are no matches on.

Cheers
  • kalpikos
    Experienced Board Member
    • Sep 2011

Re: Sly Broadband

Hi mate

If you have suspicions that your provider may be "hear" your connection, then is better to avoid to connect a client box in your network.
    The chances for you to being detected are very high, because as said above they hear your connection and they know any time what exactly you do.
    If you know cases about people having problems on your provider, don't use your box for cs.
    Probably, you will not have any problem, but may be the server has problem. It's better to inform him about the situation because may be refuse to give you the line.
    If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• Mobley3
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Boomtown rat
      Quick question I have seen this asked before but all answers are over a year old,
      Is it a bad idea to use a client box if sky are my broadband provider?
      What's the chances of being detected I am probably only going to watch the footie on the card sharing box then unplug if there are no matches on.

Cheers
      I think I would stay clear of Sly M8.As it is only a new service in Ireland they may be watching more closely. Using UPC myself and no problems, may cost a little more but best to be safe.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• nml52
        Board Senior Member
        • Nov 2011

Get a usb dongle pay as you go just for your box, very cheap and your box wont use a lot of bandwidth.

I used to use 3 in the UK.

nml

Comment

• paul.romsky
          • Apr 2013

Hi Pal!
          I think the chance they can "bust" you is quite possible.
          I would suggest you to buy a dvb-s card and watch all for free. Of course you have to update list of free servers every two or three days but in my opinion it is worth it.

Comment

• digicon
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2011

You have more chance of winning the national lottery that $ly finding out what your up to the manpower and equipment alone would not be justifiable and if they did it would take years to search through every subscribers traffic and the data packet is so small

Comment

• thecrazybandit
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jul 2012

I know everyone says do not use sly broadband for c/s but i do not know of anybody that has ever had had any problem with it so i think its up to you

Comment

• fandm
                Experienced Board Member
                • Aug 2011

Use it through a proxy server if you are worried, it is not as fast. but the kilo bytes of data that you use are minimal and will not effect the the decoded line you are using

Comment

• bokkie
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Feb 2012

Chances of being caught are very slim, but better safe than sorry. As a client, even if they found you out, they probably wouldn't follow up with it.
                  On the other hand some servers will not give you a line if you use sly as your broadband provider

Comment

• kalpikos
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fandm
                    Use it through a proxy server if you are worried, it is not as fast. but the kilo bytes of data that you use are minimal and will not effect the the decoded line you are using
                    This is a very good idea, and I would like to know how it can be done.
                    The only problem I can see , is the high ecm time.
                    Does a proxy server has good ping, resulting in a good ecm time alowing card sh@ring without freezes?

Comment

• ProgSkEEtO
                      • Aug 2012

Yeah actually, even if they would find out that you are making usage of c/s, downloding s0ngs, they wouldn't follow up with it because it's not a such big deal to get just solo persons it's not worth it, it would be if you would have a server on your own and getting paid for it and so on.
                      If you think my post was helpfull for you, i would be glad if you click the thanks button.

Boxes: Dreambox 800HDse, GiGaBlue 800HD UE
                      Consoles: Nintendo Wii, Xbox360 Slim, Playstation 3
                      Programmer: Unity3D, C++, C#, Java, SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, AJAX

Comment

• fandm
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Aug 2011

I would think if you ****** the proxy servers and try out a few you will be able to see how fast they are,
                        It will depend on where you are situated and where the proxy is situated your requests have to go from your router to your isp then to the proxy server then from the proxy server to your line provider then all the way back to your box that is why they seem slower.

Comment

• kalpikos
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Sep 2011

I assume that I can find a fast proxy server,
                          Is it possible to connect a dm500s with a proxy server?
                          If yes, what settings are required?

Comment

• odysseas1991
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jan 2011

I do not think this is an area of concern and agree with Digicons post. It is highly inneficient and a waste of time from their point of view to analyse such a negligible quantity of data in a sea of data just to find you. Secondly, it is highly unlikely to be detected in the first place.

Comment

• Mobley3
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2012

What a lot of posters may not know is that unlike the UK where it is well established, Sly Broadband has only just become available in Ireland, I think it would be a lot easier for them to monitor usage patterns from the start if they so wish to, just my thoughts.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

Working...