Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Tata sky & dish tv raise rates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay88pb
    • May 2013

Tata sky & dish tv raise rates

Despite keep their rates low, DTH operators have not been able to add significant subscriber numbers during the compulsory digitisation drive in DAS Phases 1 & 2.

Most DTH platforms currently pay paltry amounts to Broadcasters for their pay channels, and their agreements are now up for renewal. The broadcasters are pushing for a many fold increase in the Pay channel subscription fees.

Further they are faced with a liquidity crunch as parent companies / investors have refused to sink in additional funds. Some DTH platforms like Videocon D2H and TataSky have therefore decided to approach the capital markets through an IPO.

Left with no alternate, Dish TV and TataSky have both increased their rates by atleast 10%, without highlighting this fact to their subscribers. Harit Nagpal, managing director and chief executive officer, Tata Sky justified the move saying that DTH services in India are amongst the lowest in the world.

DishTV currently has an ARPU of ₹ 159 per month and wants to hike it to ₹ 180 per month by the end of this fiscal.

By Jay
  • bakfitty
    • May 2013

Re: Tata sky & dish tv raise rates

Tata sky already raised his rates once in april 2013. I think most of their present subscribers will choose other providers who offer lower prices.

If my post was useful to you, please push 'thanks' button.

Comment

• parsonline
      • Feb 2013

Re: Tata sky & dish tv raise rates

i think crisis economy effect to providers. if you look at them you see they dont increase services.

Comment

Working...