Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

ipv6

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gauloises1
    • May 2012

ipv6

I was very happy that I will have ipv6 net connection until I saw my no-ip is not updating. I changed my met provider .Now i have a native IPv6 . IPv4 is tunneled(FRITZ!Box verwendet einen DS-Lite-Tunnel) and all my clients appear disconnected. What solution do I have to activate my no-ip? Is there any other dns provider who works with ipv6?
    IPv4 ping is null, the ipv6 ping works well
    thanks
  • moFu
    • May 2012

Re: ipv6

what provider do you use now? fritz box & dyndns should make no problems check +++p://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=244692&page=2& for further information... viel spass

Comment

• gauloises1
      • May 2012

danke
      i am now on kabel*bw with native ipv6,i dont have a ipv4 adress(fritzbox 6340 cable) and my dns is not activating with ipv6
      my router says: Dynamic DNS Account temporär deaktiviert.
      all settings and passwords are in place

Comment

• duhoki
        Experienced Board Member
        • Aug 2011

As far as i can see there is no ipv6 support for no-ip free users. At no-ip website they say that if you have No-IP Plus Managed DNS, you will have support for ipv6 records(ip adresse). Not many dynamic dns providers, offrs such service, as ipv6 is not that commin yet. However, ipv6 like it is now, is almost just like a static ip adresse, so you should not have any need for update.

Comment

• gauloises1
          • May 2012

someone has this combination of cccam host+ no-ip plus + ipv6?
          25 usd/year is not a fortune but I dont want to buy and see that it does not work
          thanks

Comment

• duhoki
            Experienced Board Member
            • Aug 2011

I hope you can post how you solved your problem so other members can get help from your thread when they need this informastion

Comment

• gauloises1
              • May 2012

I made a complaint to the provider and I have again ipv4,they were very nice to me.so far i didn't find at least one dns provider with ipv6 suport,all is working to find a good solution

Comment

• joseram2000
                Board Senior Member
                • Nov 2010

ipv6 only thing it does is that more ips available for use, since this is being scarce the ip4, but does not give faster or better connection.

Comment

Working...