Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

fat32 size limit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: fat32 size limit

Download the cam off the world-of-satellite site from here.
    h**p://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/
    I use cccam 2.2.1
    Then ftp the cam ipk to /tmp folder. Restart stb.
    Then goto Menu > Setup > VIX > Install Local Extension and install the cam.
    Then ftp your .cfg file to /etc.
    Here is a guide using filezilla.
    h**p://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-amp-other-softcam-s-on-ALL-ViX-supported-Enigma-2-Receivers

Comment

• alankellyeire
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by bokkie
      Download the cam off the world-of-satellite site from here.
      h**p://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/
      I use cccam 2.2.1
      Then ftp the cam ipk to /tmp folder. Restart stb.
      Then goto Menu > Setup > VIX > Install Local Extension and install the cam.
      Then ftp your .cfg file to /etc.
      Here is a guide using filezilla.
      h**p://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-amp-other-softcam-s-on-ALL-ViX-supported-Enigma-2-Receivers
      i got it sorted myself. i edit the last post. u must not of seen it

thanks for the help. U the man.

this vix image is a 100 times better than the one i had. the epg is like the sly one. i can actually watch whats on now while seeing whats on other channels. i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good image.

Comment

• alankellyeire
        • Jan 2013

ok have a bit of a problem.
        i went to the menu and restarted the box after had everything set up the way i liked it.
        the problem is it won't turn back on it gets to the loading background and every little while u hear the harddrive spin and the vix loading symbol up the left corner then the drive stops and then the vix image disapears.
        i left it for 20 mins and it didn't start up. so i turned it off with th button on the back. then i reflashed the box same image and ccam etc. it was working perfect again. i restarted it again like earlier and the same thing. i don't wanna be flashing the box every time i restart it.

anyone know whats going on?
        is the box suppose to take this ages to turn on or some

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Hate to say it, but that is the problem with clones.
          Try disconnecting the hard drive and see if that helps. Clones are known to have power issues so you could give that a try.

Comment

• alankellyeire
            • Jan 2013

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Hate to say it, but that is the problem with clones.
            Try disconnecting the hard drive and see if that helps. Clones are known to have power issues so you could give that a try.

yeah i will try that just got to backup everything on it first.
            i seem to be having the same problem with this image as the other with the fat32 file size limit and it not making another file when it reaches that limit.
            i hope its the hdd

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

Failing that you'd probably need to go onto ferrari forum and ask for help.
              I know there is a procedure of reflashing bin and nfi files, but I've never done it.
              Think you need to use the rs232 cable which came with your stb.
              But it I've never done it, so don't take my word on it.

Comment

• odysseas1991
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jan 2011

Have you tried formatting it in-menu through the box itself instead of windows? On certain systems there is that options which may result in formatting it in the particular way the box requires and therefore will function properly.

Comment

• alankellyeire
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by odysseas1991
                  Have you tried formatting it in-menu through the box itself instead of windows? On certain systems there is that options which may result in formatting it in the particular way the box requires and therefore will function properly.
                  im still backing everything up on the hdd. the vu duo couldn.t recongize it before but that was with a different image so hopefully it will work with the vix image.

thanks

Comment

• bokkie
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Feb 2012

If you do a full image backup straight to your usb stick, you can just stick it in and reflash to your prvious settings should anything go wrong.
                    If you backup settings, anytime you flash a new version of vix you can just restore settings from the setup wizard.
                    How you getting on with your startup problem?

Comment

• alankellyeire
                      • Jan 2013

i just removed the hdd. didn't restart ye. but got another problem when i got to set up cross epg my two flash drives are not coming up as an option only the internal flash. i can access the drives using the recordings button next to the menu button. any ideas whats the prob one os in fat32 and the other was but i decided to initialize it with the vu duo to see if it would recognize it in the cross epg afterwards but still not!

Comment

• bokkie
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Feb 2012

Think you need to initialise and mount them TBH.

Comment

• alankellyeire
                          • Jan 2013

Think you need to initialise and mount them TBH.
                          did that didn't work. i had to reflash again when it crashed(so its not the hdd causing that) and wouldn't restart i kept the flash drive in while rebooting and it recognized it that time. i done a image backup in menu>setup>vix>image manger
                          i made a new backup when i had everything set up on the box and it was running perfect. the backup shows up but there is not way to restore to it. the only options i have are
                          red= refresh list
                          green=new backup
                          yellow= downloads
                          blue= delete
                          when i click the ok button on the controller i just get the 0 with a line thru it up the top right of the screen

any ideas

Comment

• bokkie
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Feb 2012

Where is the backup stored? If it's on hdd transfer it to pc and stick it on flah drive.

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

Otherwise if you did a settings backup just flash with vix again and you'll get the option to restore settings in the setup wizard.

Comment

• alankellyeire
                                • Jan 2013

Where is the backup stored? If it's on hdd transfer it to pc and stick it on flah drive.
                                on usb.
                                i don't get any restore opinion in image manager.
                                just this

htp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t78/alankellyeire/LiveNewcastlevChelseaScreenshot.jpg

tried restoring it that way but i get the start up problem i get when i reboot it after u take the usb out and reboot, if i start from that image image. it will only start up if i use the origanal vix image.

i tired also backing up the setting but when i went to restore using the backup manager it crashed. and it just did it again. got to reflash again to get the box working.

u know any other image that is similar to the vix but more stable on clones.
                                the open pli that was on it before was good but no where near as good as the vix.

Comment

Working...