Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

fat32 size limit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moFu
    • May 2012

Re: fat32 size limit

dont read the whole thread but i had the same problem a while ago... formatted drive in windows in ntfs or fat, didnt work... new partition + formatted with the stb (hope you can do that)--> running fine...

but the recorded files should be splitted automatic if you are recording and get bigger size than 4gb.. every of my old boxes did this

Comment

• pan1300
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by moFu
      dont read the whole thread but i had the same problem a while ago... formatted drive in windows in ntfs or fat, didnt work... new partition + formatted with the stb (hope you can do that)--> running fine...

but the recorded files should be splitted automatic if you are recording and get bigger size than 4gb.. every of my old boxes did this
      hi

I agree with this, just a little addition: not specific for the VU+, but several brands of stb's still have problems with external hdds: not all brands and types of hdd work well or are supported, same about disk size ...

In short: perhaps try with another hdd (if possible and if you have one) ...

Comment

• bokkie
        Experienced Board Member
        • Feb 2012

Give the vix image a try. I had trouble I the past with blackhole dropping my mounts, Stuck vix on there and had no problems. If its a clone id go with vix 2.4 96 as that was rock solid when I had my clone.
        If it still doesn't help, try partitioning and formatting to ext 4.

Comment

• easydigital
          Board Senior Member
          • Nov 2010

I have a problem with my hdd, when I boot the vu + solo2 in BlackHole device manager I do not get hdd, and cannot do mapping media/hdd im use in a 120gb Solid state drive recording telling me that my hdd not found / no mapping when i power off the box.?
          helped use "Thanks"

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by easydigital
            I have a problem with my hdd, when I boot the vu + solo2 in BlackHole device manager I do not get hdd, and cannot do mapping media/hdd im use in a 120gb Solid state drive recording telling me that my hdd not found / no mapping when i power off the box.?
            Similar problem to what I had. Wouldn't recognise hdd or would lose mount after reboot.
            Flashed vix and no problems since.

Comment

• alankellyeire
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by bokkie
              Give the vix image a try. I had trouble I the past with blackhole dropping my mounts, Stuck vix on there and had no problems. If its a clone id go with vix 2.4 96 as that was rock solid when I had my clone.

i.ll try that vix image so. every tut i read they all seem to be with that so that must be the best. is there a tutorial on installing it on this site with links and stuff. got my vu duo plug and play so a noob to that part of the process.

Originally posted by moFu

mine just stops recording when it hits the 4gb limit. its probably the image.
              what size was ur hdd?

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

A quick guide to setting up your vu+ receiver

h**p://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f195/dummies-guide-setting-up-your-vu-203093/

my hdd was a 1 tb.

Comment

• moFu
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by alankellyeire
                  i.ll try that vix image so. every tut i read they all seem to be with that so that must be the best. is there a tutorial on installing it on this site with links and stuff. got my vu duo plug and play so a noob to that part of the process.

mine just stops recording when it hits the 4gb limit. its probably the image.
                  what size was ur hdd?
                  oh then probably your hdd is not supported by the box !? check if any updates or fixes are aviable, thought there should be no problems with vu..

tested various usb sticks from 4 to 32 gb and hdds from 500 gb to 1,5 tb... only one usbstick (usb3.0) could not be detected by the box

Comment

• alankellyeire
                    • Jan 2013

hey going to put the vix 2.4 96 image on the box
                    unless someone thinks there is a better image or is there a newer clone friendly vix image about
                    but got a few questions first.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bokkie View Post
                    A quick guide to setting up your vu+ receiver

h**p://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f195/dummies-guide-setting-up-your-vu-203093/

is there anything else i would need to do since i already have an image on my box tat this guide doesn't say. for example like delete everything

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bokkie View Post

where would be a reliable source to get the vix 2.4 96 image? i really don't wanna brick my clone.

also i heard that u should update the vu duo software(bootloader/kernel)? how would i go about that or is it not necessary

im assuming putting a new image on my box will not delete everything on my hdd installed in my box

when i go to info and about on my vu duo heres what its says
                    Hardware: VU+DUO(1200E6)
                    Dreamboxuk
                    Kernel Version: 2.6.18
                    Enigma: Nov 1 2011
                    Last Upgrade: Nov 5 2012 20:05:39

Then its just gives tuner and the detected hdd info
                    thanks
                    Alan

Comment

• bokkie
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Feb 2012

First thing you want to do is make a full backup of your current image/settings. That way you can always just go back to what you had before should you be unhappy.
                      If you have a hdd save it to hdd and then copy it over to your pc.
                      Otherwise Just stick your usb In there, set backup location to usb and when finished copy it to your pc.. Also make a backup of your .cfg file so you can just ftp it back on when new Image is flashed.
                      If you have a v2 or v3 clone no bootloader update is required.
                      I'll see if I can find vix 2.4 96 later. Im on my mobile at the moment.

Comment

• alankellyeire
                        • Jan 2013

First thing you want to do is make a full backup of your current image/settings. That way you can always just go back to what you had before should you be unhappy.
                        If you have a hdd save it to hdd and then copy it over to your pc.
                        Otherwise Just stick your usb In there, set backup location to usb and when finished copy it to your pc.. Also make a backup of your .cfg file so you can just ftp it back on when new Image is flashed.
                        If you have a v2 or v3 clone no bootloader update is required.
                        I'll see if I can find vix 2.4 96 later. Im on my mobile at the moment.

when u say make a full back up u just mean copy and paste everything thats in the vu flash memory to my hdd.
                        not sure what version clone i have not even sure there was different versions. is there a way to tell?
                        thanks i found a few on a couple of sites but i have to be a member of the site to see the link. im on enuff card sharing sites already. i joined like 5 before i came across here. this is by far the best one by a long long way.

sorry for being such a hassle! but i really need to get a new image this one is crashing like mad anytime i press the yellow button on certain menus enigma crashes and i doubt its one of the better images cuz no one has it.

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

No mate. Go Into your menu and there'll be an option to backup your image.
                          It takes a minute or 2 and you should be able to choose backup location.
                          What Image are you using at the moment?
                          Look on the back of the box to see if there is a v2 or v3 sticker. If there is you're good to go.
                          This is a link to the official vix website with vix 2.4 96.

h**p://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18171-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Duo-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

Comment

• alankellyeire
                            • Jan 2013

No mate. Go Into your menu and there'll be an option to backup your image.
                            It takes a minute or 2 and you should be able to choose backup location.
                            What Image are you using at the moment?
                            Look on the back of the box to see if there is a v2 or v3 sticker. If there is you're good to go.
                            This is a link to the official vix website with vix 2.4 96.

h**p://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18171-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Duo-Version-2-4-15-05-2012
                            can find the backup is it in software management. there is a backup system setting there but when i click it. it finishes in about a second and before it says exection finished it says"tar: error exit delayed from previous errors" it lists a few other files and directory missing before its says that. it doesn't give me an opinion where to say the backup but there is a new folder(i think its new) on my hdd with 2 files called enigma2settings back up

forget that found out how to backup everything in advanced settings and where to save it to.

on open pli image at the moment.
                            yippee i already download that image from the same site earlier it was the only site that i was a member of that had the link. just wanted to make sure it was safe.

yeah theres a v 2.0 sticker on the back of the box

Comment

• bokkie
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Feb 2012

Then bobs your uncle. Backup image andsave it. Then ftp your .cfg file to your pc to save yourself having to create a new one and also to save your lines.
                              Also wise to save you channel list.
                              Don't forget you'll be starting from scratch so you'll need to install cams, channel lists, etc.

Comment

• alankellyeire
                                • Jan 2013

Then bobs your uncle. Backup image andsave it. Then ftp your .cfg file to your pc to save yourself having to create a new one and also to save your lines.
                                Also wise to save you channel list.
                                Don't forget you'll be starting from scratch so you'll need to install cams, channel lists, etc.
                                thanks bud got it on the box no prob and pub my channel list on working perfect but i thought that the image came with the ccam already installed or that i would be able to find it in plugins but i can't.
                                where would i be able to find the ccam for this image
                                done a search on ****** for it but again i come across sites i have to register for.

btw this image seems pretty good compared to open pli thanks for the recommended

got it sorted finally find a site i was already registered on.
                                got everything working perfect

thanks for the help

Comment

Working...