Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Strange one, regarding two seperate receivers in same household

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecsbox360
    • Sep 2011

Strange one, regarding two seperate receivers in same household

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone had a great time with friends/family over the holidays?

I wonder if anyone has come across this situation before, and knows where the cause of the problems could be - so I can resolve.

1 twin tuner satellite receiver in room 1.
    1 single tuner satellite receiver in room 2.

Paid N: line in use in room 1(twin tuner)
    Seperate C: line in use in room 2(single tuner)

Additional info: (Permission gained from paid server owner to use same N: line in multiple receivers in the household, under same external ip address).

When the receiver in room 1 is turned on and operational & the receiver in room 2 is turned off - everything runs perfect!

When the receiver in room 2 is turned on and operational & the receiver in room 1 is turned off - everything runs perfect!

When both receivers in seperate rooms are turned on & operational, the two receivers struggle, one showing the satellite picture fine, whilst the other struggles - swapping over randomly - making both unwatchable!

Having checked the ecms send/received - the paid server is responding 100% to each word, as too is the other server.

The same also happens if the paid N: line is used in both boxes at same time, again with 100% ecm rate etc.. so it defo not the N: Line or the C: line causing the issue..

I am thinking local network(router) issues in the household

Has anyone experienced anything like this when added an additional receiver?

Thanks

ecsbox360
    Dislikes the Chinese Openbox Receivers, so much..
  • youngjeezy
    • Dec 2012

Re: Strange one, regarding two seperate receivers in same household

because the line is without reshare, you need to buy 2 lines to watch good.
    jepssen st4-hd: aljazeera sport & bis
    Non eliminate i miei post, io non voglio nessuna c-line gratis!

Comment

• KVF1966
      Board Senior Member
      • Dec 2012

Maybe the problem is that you use different emulators for each receiver

Comment

• ecsbox360
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by youngjeezy
        because the line is without reshare, you need to buy 2 lines to watch good.
        The Paid N: line has reshare rights ;-)
        I have also been given the go ahead from the server owner to use the exact same n: line in more than one satellite receiver.

Edit: been thinking, could this be related to cccam listen port - if both receivers are uses the same port (for example 12000) then receiver 1 could be listened to the ecm for both itself and the other satellite receive?? Any thoughts?

Comment

• gianni253
          Experienced Board Member
          • Nov 2012

I hope you don't have a single lnb, right ?
          You should have at least a twin lnb or, better, quad lnb.

Comment

• msd79m
            • Dec 2010

How about both receivers are on and one of them on a FTA channel and the other one on a paid channel using your bought C line? if both show fine in this setup, then the cccam server doesn't support simultaneous connections with the same user.

Comment

• youngjeezy
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ecsbox360
              The Paid N: line has reshare rights ;-)
              I have also been given the go ahead from the server owner to use the exact same n: line in more than one satellite receiver.

Edit: been thinking, could this be related to cccam listen port - if both receivers are uses the same port (for example 12000) then receiver 1 could be listened to the ecm for both itself and the other satellite receive?? Any thoughts?
              I think, you must have 2 different lines without reshare, then all will be good

do you use registration at the time of watching other pay channel?
              jepssen st4-hd: aljazeera sport & bis
              Non eliminate i miei post, io non voglio nessuna c-line gratis!

Comment

• ecsbox360
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gianni253
                I hope you don't have a single lnb, right ?
                You should have at least a twin lnb or, better, quad lnb.
                Quad LNB,
                2 cables to room 1 where receiver 1 is and the paid N: line.
                1 cable to room 2 where receiver 2 is and using a separate C: line (which is completely unrelated to the N: line - and performed 100% when just receiver 2 is on)

the C: line is a 'free' line - and performed 100% when the receiver its used in, is the only box turned on in the house.

the N: line is a paid(with reshare rights) line and performed 100% when the receiver its used in is the only box turned on in the house.

Comment

• gianni253
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Nov 2012

Maybe an ip conflict ?
                  Double check if the two boxes are on dhcp or static ip addresses.
                  When they are both on, telnet to the boxes (one by one) and check connectivity with the net (ping and traceroute ******, for example)

Comment

• KVF1966
                    Board Senior Member
                    • Dec 2012

I think siglal LBN get one, but the conflict within the receiver, we need to know where the problem is in the settings or in the cline

Comment

• mahrkpat
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2012

What are free to air channels like when both receivers are on?
                      If not i.p conflict between the devices then I think the way you describe
                      your setup there should be no problems, the more likely problem might
                      be with a faulty LNB, have you tried switching the single tuner cable to
                      the unused LNB output?
                      Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

Working...