Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Satellite Motor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leveller
    Vip Member
    • Oct 2011

Satellite Motor

Technomate TM-2300 Super DiSEqC 1.2 / USALS / Go To X Satellite Motor......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone know if this is any good, I have a very limited budget and want a satellite motor and was wanting your opinion, This is £38 on fleabay would i be wasting money. i have a 8ocm dish and skybox. ive never had a motor so my knowledge is very limited so i thought i would pass it to the experts
  • Mobley3
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: Satellite Motor

No reason it should not work for you, lots of people using technomate motors,If I remember correctly this has plastic gears so will not last as long as one of the newer motors with metal gearing, but then if you are on a budget. check world of satellites and satellite superstore to compare prices before you buy.

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• scooterman
      Board Senior Member
      • Sep 2011

For a couple of quid more you could get a dark motor with metal gearing and it steps in 1/10 degree increments so its really accurate with little to no backlash,i bought a cheaper one a couple of years ago to replace older one without usals which i had used on various receivers for eight years,within a few months with the cheaper one the backlash was bad and wind would move it off sats so i had to get another new motor.
      The dark motor has been first class in my opinion and well worth what i paid.

Comment

• nush
        • Jun 2010

i have a similar motor to the one you are looking at, it was set up in oct 2007 with a 80cm dish, ive never had a problem with it since. i get 100% signal on most channels on 28east sat and fairly good signals on all the sats that i should be able to recieve in my area through the full arc. im not knocking the dark motor (it wasnt available when i bought mine). ido have a mate with the dark motor and he is always having problems with it but i suspect thats down to how poorly it was installed in the first place.

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Leveller
          Technomate TM-2300 Super DiSEqC 1.2 / USALS / Go To X Satellite Motor......
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Anyone know if this is any good, I have a very limited budget and want a satellite motor and was wanting your opinion, This is £38 on fleabay would i be wasting money. i have a 8ocm dish and skybox. ive never had a motor so my knowledge is very limited so i thought i would pass it to the experts
          Hi Leveller,
          Have a look at the following link. There is so much information about Dish motors. Many experts have shared their experiences.

Good luck!
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• Satbeam
            • Jul 2012

Hi Leveller . I've been using the same motor for 3 years with a 1.3m dish . The nylon gears are holding up well . I havn't experienced any noticeable backlash . Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that metal geared motors are noisier .

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

Yes Satbeam, You are right. The nylon gears are the quietest ones. The metal gears make a great amount of noise and your neighbours wont be happy as they can hear it through the walls. Its all have been discussed in the link i provided in the previous post.
              If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

Working...