Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

what are Scanning Channel Differences

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leveller
    Vip Member
    • Oct 2011

what are Scanning Channel Differences

What are the differences between:
    Blind Scan
    scan with Network
    preset scan
    And which is best and does network have any purpose with scan
    Thanks.
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: what are Scanning Channel Differences

A Blind Scan will search every possible frequency and not require a database, SRs or FEC figures to do so. Usually it is referred to Hard Scan.
    Scan with Network- will scan freqs on a sat already pre programed.
    Preset Scan: It will miss most updated frequencies.
    The Blind Scan is the best scan available at the moment as it never misses a single frequency. It searches for all the possible frequencies.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• toby69
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2011

there are also in most boxes.
      scan 1 tp
      scan free only
      scan tv only
      blind scan
      network scan
      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• pan1300
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

hi

Little addition: blind scan indeed is the best ; but check if there are settings for this (eg how every frequency it scans) - take the less space between 2 freq., will take longer to scan, but then you're sure you have all. Best to use in combination of tobys tips: eg only tv. Also depends of the max. channels that can be stored in your box (certainly if you have more sats, the number of found channels can increase very quickly).

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Some of the receivers have very limited channel storage space, like 4000 or 5000. If you are scanning Hotbird, Astra 19.0e and eurobird at 9.0e then its always better to search for only tv channels ubless you are interested in Radio. You still can do a blind scan but it wont scan radio channels.
          I like Blind scan because all you have to do to start scanning without worrying about the frequencies and SR etc, and leave the receiver. After 10 minutes or so, everything is ready for you.
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• pan1300
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

hi microchick

I don't know if it's my box or my internet, but a blindscan took me I believe about 1 - 1,5 hours only for 1 sat (only tv) - is said in my previous post, I scanned all frequencies I could. Just for info.

Comment

• microchick
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

That doesn't sounds good.
              *The internet is not involved in any activity of scanning or signal loss*.
              I have recently set up a sky dish for Hotbird. The signal quality is not good which I believe takes longer for a scanner to read the data on that frequency. I do a lot of Blind scan during different times of the day for the best reception. It never took me more than 10 minutes. I leave the scanning on and go to get a cuppa and when I's back, its done.
              *Please do check the setting on your box. I am sure there are a lot of guys agree with me.

Comment

• rizwan
                Experienced Board Member
                • Sep 2010

I think it works where signal quality is excellent all the time. in my case some of freq. drop the signal quality in the day time. i f I do blind scan then some of channels are erased.
                Vu+ Solo2
                Dream Box 800HD,
                Neotion 3000, Skystar2, PTCL IPTV
                HP LCD W2338h
                Samsung LED 40 C5000

Comment

• pan1300
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

hi rizwan

Strange, never heard of that. As far as I know, and all the boxes I know of (sorry, no dream or VU+), only ADD new found channels to the existing list (mostly channelnumbers after the existing after any new scan). Never had any channel deleted.

Comment

• microchick
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Apr 2012

I have heard of this problem before. Some countries in the subcontinent and Asia suffer from this problem. The problem is that Geostationary Satellites might have a nice circular orbit,but the Earth wobbles on its Axis during the coarse of a day. Thats why the reception gets worse during the day time.

Comment

• pan1300
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

hi

Yes that's true, but I was talking about the fact that certain channels are erased according to rizwan after a blind scan. That some channels/TP/channels have no good signal can be, but it's strange that the receiver deletes channels. This would also mean - and that's positive then - that old/incactive channels and TP's are deleted?

Comment

• toby69
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by pan1100
                        hi microchick

I don't know if it's my box or my internet, but a blindscan took me I believe about 1 - 1,5 hours only for 1 sat (only tv) - is said in my previous post, I scanned all frequencies I could. Just for info.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------

i think you should get better box
                        19east, on all my previous boxes took longest, latest box about 25mins

I will not answer!

Comment

• pan1300
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

hi toby

no, it's a new box (have it for about 2-3 months or so), really no option (I think you remember why , and I made my choice ).

However, still surprised how come that channels are deleted (post from rizwan): anyone expercience with this? which boxes?

btw: regarding to my blindscan (can't check right now), but standard scan was freq. each '8', but I changed that into '2', which was less possible, just to be sure I got all TP's. Perhaps it's enough to set up '8', so time wil be 1/4th, so in this case I come to 15 - 22,5 mins, this is what's apparently normal.

Comment

• microchick
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Apr 2012

According to Toby, 15-22.5 min should count as normal. I must say openbox is much faster than that.

Comment

• toby69
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by microchick
                              According to Toby, 15-22.5 min should count as normal. I must say openbox is much faster than that.
                              ---------------------------------------------------

all different boxes will all be different scanning times.

I will not answer!

Comment

Working...