Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Dish Size Required for Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Dish Size Required for Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam in South Africa

If you are looking for specially Supersports they are also a part of the Multichoice Africa on 68.5e. You might be able to pick that signal in your area but you will need a very big dish.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
      Experienced Board Member
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Zazai
      ok and where i can find ? websit, show me the sub saharan africa beam coverage map in Europe ? or how much is the DBW in Denmark and Sweden ? of the Africa beam ?

_satbeams.com/footprints?beam=6144
      Look at the icons above the map and click on the sub saharan africa beam. You'll see what we mean.

Originally posted by microchick
      If you are looking for specially Supersports they are also a part of the Multichoice Africa on 68.5e. You might be able to pick that signal in your area but you will need a very big dish.
      An exceptionally big dish. Being south african I have gone through trying to see if I can get my beloved supersport.
      Sly sports can't touch superpsorts 9 channels, showing all the best sports from around the world.
      Even in the u.k. 68.5 east is on the horizon and would need a 1.8 metre dish and have absolutley nothing in the line of sight, and preferably be on the devon coast to get 68,5e.
      Sweden, being further north, would probably be near enough impossible to get this.
      I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Zazai
        • Jul 2012

ok and SuperSports Channels are on Eutelsat 36B also see this

lyngsat.com/packages/mcafrica36.html

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

ok and SuperSports Channels are on Eutelsat 36B also see this

lyngsat.com/packages/mcafrica36.html
          Yes but once again, that is the sub saharan africa beam. Look in the right hand column next to the supersport channels.
          It says sub saharan africa.
          Also this isn't the same quality sports programming you get on 68.5 east. it is a vastly reduced package.

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

I have seen Super Sports channels. A large part of it goes to Cricket. If you are a Cricket fan then they are the right channels for you. But as there are a total of 9 channles so you wont be bored with it. There will be everything thing from all around the world. May be its time South Africa thought about spreading it signal of Multichoice Africa and DSTV across the world.
            If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• bokkie
              Experienced Board Member
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by microchick
              I have seen Super Sports channels. A large part of it goes to Cricket. If you are a Cricket fan then they are the right channels for you. But as there are a total of 9 channles so you wont be bored with it. There will be everything thing from all around the world. May be its time South Africa thought about spreading it signal of Multichoice Africa and DSTV across the world.
              I wish they would. They also show premier league football, european football, champions league, formula 1, horse racing, tennis, etc.
              And not to mention rugby, which is king in s.a.
              DSTV is very overpriced and has poor quality programming, except for the sports coverage which is brilliant.

Comment

• Zazai
                • Jul 2012

yess i'm big fan of cricket that's why i want those channels here at my home becoz skysports not showing all cricket matches from all around the world but have no idea what to do and i well do anyting for those channels to get them ? last question from u dear friends just tell me if find dish 120 m or 150 m will it be work for me ?

thnx friends

Comment

• toby69
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Oct 2011

if you still mean those sub-saharan beams, no.
                  Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• bokkie
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Feb 2012

Think you'll have to look elsewhere for your cricket mate.
                    You don't stand any chance of catching the sub saharan beam as you're well outside the footprint.
                    Look at the asian/european beams and see if there is any cricket on them.
                    In the u.k. sly sports and zee tv show just about every international cricket match.
                    I've just been watching the proteas put england to the sword

Comment

• microchick
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

yess i'm big fan of cricket that's why i want those channels here at my home becoz skysports not showing all cricket matches from all around the world but have no idea what to do and i well do anyting for those channels to get them ? last question from u dear friends just tell me if find dish 120 m or 150 m will it be work for me ?

thnx friends
                      Your best chance will be with a computer connected to a TV. ****** for cricket free streams and follow the links. I sed to watch sly sports that way. Most of the cricket streaming websites have good video quality too.

Comment

• nasir_acc80
                        • Nov 2012

please any one can confirm, can i receive subsahara beem in Jeddah Saudi Arabia? Please if anyone tried it before tell me.
                        Thanks in Advance.

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

The sub saharan beam on 36 east just touches into yemen, where you'd need a dish of 1.2-1.5m to receive this beam. As Jeddah is a fair way from the border, further north, I don't think it's possible.

Comment

• nasir_acc80
                            • Nov 2012

Please any one confirm, can i get DSTV 36e in Jeddah Saudi Arabia or not???????????????please help me. I bought 240cm dish for this purpose.
                            Thanks

Comment

• pan1300
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Apr 2012

hi nasir_acc80

sorry, can't check myself (a bit too far from here )

Have you checked what's theoretically possible (footprint, with eg 'satbeams'?) - this should already give you an idea.
                              And ... why not test it yourself if you have already your dish (on fta channels) and report back your findings here, may be interesting for other members

Comment

Working...