Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Dish Size Required for Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpatvzg
    • Sep 2011

Dish Size Required for Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam in South Africa

Hi,

I have done a lot of research on the subject of dish sizes but have had no luck.

Does anyone know what dish size would be needed to receive a signal from Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam in South Africa. According to the map legend (http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/36e-w7_popd.html#) I have 38dBW signal coverage.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    JP
  • fandm
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

Re: Dish Size Required for Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam in South Africa

According to specs for 46 to 49 dbw you would need a dish 1.34mt to 1.5mt and a good lnb

Comment

• digicon
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by jpatvzg
      Hi,

I have done a lot of research on the subject of dish sizes but have had no luck.

Does anyone know what dish size would be needed to receive a signal from Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam in South Africa. According to the map legend (http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/36e-w7_popd.html#) I have 38dBW signal coverage.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
      JP

Your looking at 1.5m and above to be on the safe side i would start at 1.8m and work up.

Comment

• toby69
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2011

yes, that sounds about right, but if i was you, jpatvzg i would always go a bit bigger if you can afford, my dish in avatar is offset 270cm, how much would that cost where you are?
        Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• jpatvzg
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by toby69
          yes, that sounds about right, but if i was you, jpatvzg i would always go a bit bigger if you can afford, my dish in avatar is offset 270cm, how much would that cost where you are?
          Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately the largest dish available in South Africa that I could find was a 180cm dish.

Comment

• toby69
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2011

that should do the trick then, dont forget to keep us all on site informed how you get on,
            good luck
            toby

I will not answer!

Comment

• Zazai
              • Jul 2012

Hi, can i get the Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam SuperSport Channels? in Sweden, if yes then what size dish will be good ?

Regards

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Zazai
                Hi, can i get the Eutelsat W7 Sub-Sahara African beam SuperSport Channels? in Sweden, if yes then what size dish will be good ?

Regards
                Don't think so mate. You are way out of the footprint and it's probably on the horizon in sweden.
                I'd also love to get supersport here in the u.k. their sports coverage is far better than sly uk.
                But it's a bit of a stretch.

Comment

• pan1300
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Apr 2012

have a ****** (on eg 'sat beams'), will give you an idea of what you can get where, and with which dish.

Comment

• Zazai
                    • Jul 2012

Friends, According to this/ satbeams.com/footprints?beam=6144 /where i live in my city the DBW is 47 ? now someone can tell me is it possible to get it or no ? anyone tell me?

Comment

• microchick
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

South Africa is one of the countries who still follow the C band (Most of it). In C band followig countries there are always bigger size dish available. In some of the countries the starting sizes are 180cm. Please do a good search and hopefully you will find one. They sell big dishes in parts and you assemble them as DIY.
                      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• digicon
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jun 2011

Friends, According to this/ satbeams.com/footprints?beam=6144 /where i live in my city the DBW is 47 ? now someone can tell me is it possible to get it or no ? anyone tell me?

Thats the Russia Footprint beam which is C-band so yes you can pick that up with a 70cm dish but you asked specifically if you could receive the sub sahara beam and the simple answer is no you cannot

Comment

• bokkie
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Feb 2012

You're looking at the wrong beam mate, The Russia beam doesn't carry supersport. The south africa and sub saharan africa beams carry supersport.
                          DSTV is in ku band, I think they stopped the c band on 68,5 east a few years ago.

Oops. Digicon beat me to it

Comment

• Zazai
                            • Jul 2012

ok and where i can find ? websit, show me the sub saharan africa beam coverage map in Europe ? or how much is the DBW in Denmark and Sweden ? of the Africa beam ?

Comment

• toby69
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Oct 2011

the beam you were looking at, according to your dbw is 47
                              that kind of figure for (decibell watt on the weather chart= dbw)
                              eirp(dbw) 47= (55-90cm dish)
                              think you need recheck.

I will not answer!

Comment

Working...