Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Germany fires up analogue switch-off campaign

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbonchev
    Board Senior Member
    • Jul 2011

Germany fires up analogue switch-off campaign

German broadcasters want to make viewers aware of the upcoming analogue switch-off via satellite through another special campaign week from 21 to 28 January 2012.
    Households will be informed mainly through intensified captions and rolling screen announcements shown during regular TV programmes. The warnings will only be transmitted on the analogue transponders, thereby solely reaching the viewers affected by the move.
    There will also be editorial reports as well as TV and radio spots. The channels' teletext services and websites also carry information.
    On 21 January 2012, 100 days will remain until Germany's TV and radio broadcasters will terminate their analogue DTH distribution on Astra (19,2° East). From 30 April 2012 at 3 CET in the morning all German satellite satellite feeds will be digital.
    To continue reception, analogue households will have to upgrade their equipment for digital reception. In order to prevent shortage of hardware and other parts at local retailers, viewers are recommended not to wait until the last day, but to purchase the necessary equipment now.
    The German broadcasters have already carried out several campaign weeks since April 2011 to raise awareness for analogue switch-off via satellite.
  • toby69
    Experienced Board Member
    • Oct 2011

Re: Germany fires up analogue switch-off campaign

the end is approaching for all the users then still using there trusty old anolouge receivers for eurosport fta in english, i myself watched a lot and what a good run its had, 7 years or more, r.i.p eurosport?
    Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• odysseas1991
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jan 2011

Re: Germany fires up analogue switch-off campaign

Originally posted by toby69
      the end is approaching for all the users then still using there trusty old anolouge receivers for eurosport fta in english, i myself watched a lot and what a good run its had, 7 years or more, r.i.p eurosport?
      I was wondering about this channel a few days ago, funny it is mentioned. So, does it still broadcast as FTA on analogue, and does it plan to shut down soon, as I was just reading in another thread that the germany ones are shutting down this month...

Comment

Working...