Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Abu Dhabi TV Network enhances its pay TV content with MBC HD channels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbonchev
    Board Senior Member
    • Jul 2011

Abu Dhabi TV Network enhances its pay TV content with MBC HD channels

Abu Dhabi TV Network announced it is expanding its premium content offering available on the AD Sports set-top box to include seven MBC High Definition (HD) Channels. The addition complements the existing HD content available, giving viewers up to 18 HD channels covering sports, movies, documentaries, series, news, and family content.

At no additional cost, AD Sports set-top box subscribers will now be able to view: MBC 1, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC Drama, MBC Action, MBC MAX and Al Arabiya News Channel all in HD. As part of the partnership, MBC will also feature AD Sports' exclusive Barclays Premiere League (BPL) highlights on MBC1 and Al Arabiya News Channel.

Malcolm Wall, CEO of Abu Dhabi Media explained: "Our partnership with MBC reinforces our commitment to provide viewers with the best in world-class HDTV content across genres. Now, with the ADTV Network, the entire family can view their favorite programming in just one place through our AD Sports set-top box."

Commenting on the partnership from MBC Group, Sam Barnett, CEO, said: "HD is becoming increasingly popular across the region and MBC channels have a large following. We're delighted that through this partnership, people with an AD SPORTS set-top box will be able to watch the MBC HD bouquet of channels."

Mohammed Windawee, Director of Distribution at MBC Group said: "Adding MBC HD bouquet to the AD Sports package is another milestone for MBC Group to push a total HD shift in the Middle East, and we have seen the shift happening quicker than we originally anticipated. We expect the total shift from SD to HD to take place at a similar pace."

In addition to the MBC channels, the AD Sports set-top box already offers all 380 Barclays Premier League games, other live international sporting events such as F1, WWE and Grand Slam Tennis as well as Fox movies HD, Fox HD, Sky News HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, and Nat Geo Adventure HD.
  • odysseas1991
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jan 2011

Re: Abu Dhabi TV Network enhances its pay TV content with MBC HD channels

Originally posted by batna74
    is free or scramble same AD Sport?
    It is pay, it says in the article it is premium service so it has to be. Also, I believe these channels are also available FTA on nilesat.

Comment

• toby69
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2011

mbc 1/2/3/4 are fta nilesat nile-201beam, the sports package, admc sport package,
      abu dhabi sports 3/4/5/6/7 all hd, are these the chns which broadcast the premiumship footy, thanks
      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• osmanliimperator
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2011

@ toby69

yes i can confirm that abu dhabi sport hd (26.0°e_11766.00H_27500_5/6) is broadcasting the premierleague

for example:
        26.12.11 chelsea -fulham => abu dhabi sport hd 3

Comment

• BM300
          • Sep 2010

According to MBC, the HD channels mbc 1/2/3/4 will need a Technosat receiver to open.

The SD channels open on any FTA box.

Comment

• toby69
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by osmanliimperator
            @ toby69

yes i can confirm that abu dhabi sport hd (26.0°e_11766.00H_27500_5/6) is broadcasting the premierleague

for example:
            26.12.11 chelsea -fulham => abu dhabi sport hd 3
            so them spts chns on 26e badr6 bss beam, will open with sat box, not married card to box? encryption irdeto2

yes mbc badr4 beam fta sd only, had them chns quite a while, concerned about footy.
            Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• odysseas1991
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Mohammad2088
              I heard that MBC HD Package work with some sharing servers
              But Abu Dhabi HD Package needs the original box to open ...
              If that is the case, then it uses a paired card to the reciever to open the Abu dhabi HD like nova sports and cinema HD on 13e?

Comment

Working...