Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

boxer follow up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick_o
    • Dec 2011

Re: boxer follow up

if peeps had not been led on to believe that the service was going to last longer , i don't think there would have been a problem

Comment

• redhezuk
      Experienced Board Member
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rick_o
      if peeps had not been led on to believe that the service was going to last longer , i don't think there would have been a problem
      Rick, exactly the problem wasn't that it was stopped (as it was only ever supposed to last 12 months), the problem was the way it was stopped with no warning given and people left stranded without a backup plan!

Comment

• pjmuk
        • Sep 2011

This is exactly why everyone is annoyed, the lack of warning.

If you read all the thread on the other site even the mods didn't have a clue what was going on to begin with.

Comment

• euroslob
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by redhezuk
          Rick, exactly the problem wasn't that it was stopped (as it was only ever supposed to last 12 months), the problem was the way it was stopped with no warning given and people left stranded without a backup plan!
          By doing things this way they have lost a huge amount of creditability, a lot of people have lost confidence in them too.

I bet their forum membership will loose numbers!

Comment

• toby69
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2011

i suppose really some warnings came when and i quote, not loading latest s/w would lose you chns, something a bit like that, there was plenty posts from people on there getting a bit concerened, all things come to an end, but in this case i would not say good.
            Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• euroslob
              • Jul 2011

A bit of a long winded way of doing things as it would have still made people think that things were ok, giving a months notice would have been a better way!

Comment

• nev
                • Aug 2011

From looking at the other forums it is is clear that lots of users thought they had a fault in their receiver and consequently did all sorts of drastic things to their receiver and modems - all to no avail and initially encouraged to do so by the moderators. I read boxer's response as a sort of apology and perhaps we should accept it?

Comment

• noypi
                  Board Senior Member
                  • Dec 2011

Lots of spider boxes on eBay now. Advertised as gift expired. Might get one if the price is cheap.
                  spiderbox hd 7000
                  90 cm motorised dish

Comment

• euroslob
                    • Jul 2011

Yep they are ok, although having said that my HD 9000 has an issue with its menu's which keep going from fuzzy to clear, really makes my eyes go funny!

Just my luck to have a bought a box at the time for £160, should have waited a few months!

Comment

Working...