Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

boxer follow up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fandm
    Experienced Board Member
    • Aug 2011

boxer follow up

I have tried my utmost over the last few years to keep etherner service for as many spiderbox owners as possible.
    It was hard work, and apart from a few reasonable people whose support is much appreciated, and you know who you are (Thank you) I have received nothing but complaints and abuse whenever anything goes wrong,
    OK some of you lost ethernet service after a year or two.. well that's tough. You were never supposed to have more than 12 months anyway.
    Then I'm told I acted with lack of courtesy by not informing the users whose boxes were going to expire.. tough again.

Other users take note:

I WILL TAKE NO MORE STEPS TO PROLONG THE SERVICE FOR ANYONE.
    STARTING ONE MONTH FROM NOW, MORE BOXES WILL BE DISCONNECTED MONTH BY MONTH UNTIL NOBODY RECEIVES MORE THAN 12 MONTHS FREE SERVICE.

Spider team.

and likes he says it was only for 12 months.
  • euroslob
    • Jul 2011

Re: boxer follow up

Yep......Tough!....Tough!.....and F*cking Tough!

And it will be even more tough on them when they wonder why they can no longer market any more boxes, no matter what brand!

Ah well all is not lost, Spiderbox owners will now have to start learning about patching their boxes with clines etc

Comment

• rob45
      • Dec 2011

hi i only been a member on here for a few days but thanks to a lot of friendly people i have managed to get all the help i needed to try clines and last night got connected straight away so i would to say a big thanks to all the guys who helped me.

Comment

• euroslob
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by rob45
        hi i only been a member on here for a few days but thanks to a lot of friendly people i have managed to get all the help i needed to try clines and last night got connected straight away so i would to say a big thanks to all the guys who helped me.

Glad to hear you got sorted........See there is life after Alshat!

Comment

• toby69
          Experienced Board Member
          • Oct 2011

well done rob45, welcome to the antisat club, not a***t. see you did not really need him anyway, just keep learning now, plenty help here ay when you ask, with no rude comments.
          Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• fandm
            Experienced Board Member
            • Aug 2011

On alsat you can talk freely about the spider,but if you try to talk about clines you may get barred

Comment

• odysseas1991
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jan 2011

I don't understand this spiderbox problem that anyone is having. I don't know anything about them, can someone explain what this 12 months free and expiring boxes and complaints is all about please?

Comment

• cannydo
                Board Senior Member
                • Sep 2011

If you buy a spiderbox you recieve a free gift as they call it, you will get quite a few channels on all the sats apart from 28.2 on that sat you will get nothing with the gift. This gift is for 12 months only its to give you an idea how your box works after that your on your own. You can patch buy a cline do what you like the box is not unuseable after the 12 months still plenty life in it.

Comment

• fandm
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Aug 2011

Hi Cannydo have to agree with you, Had mine since they first came out the free part was ok, but if you switch it of there is plenty to play around with and get more use out of the box

Comment

• sataday
                    Board Senior Member
                    • Dec 2011

They call it a "Free gift", but if I remember correctly, when Spiderboxes first came out you could buy one with or without the gift. The ones with the gift however, were £30 dearer. So the "gift" wasn't exactly "free"

Comment

• fandm
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Aug 2011

Be good though if you could buy the service now for £30.but I don't think anyone could supply it for that sort of money now,for a 12 month period it would be a bargain

Comment

• rick_o
                        • Dec 2011

it was definetly good while it lasted ,i had my box 18 months so am 1 of the lucky ones but hey you takes your chances in this game . They said the gift was to help you learn to use the box for other things,then you could not talk about it in open forum

Comment

• toby69
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by odysseas1991
                          I don't understand this spiderbox problem that anyone is having. I don't know anything about them, can someone explain what this 12 months free and expiring boxes and complaints is all about please?
                          this is a box that when you purchase you install s/w which opens there so called secret menu, when it started it was called nervostream, then service+, now ethernet, all you had to is click on their service to register, presto all done, free so called chns on their own server, but this so called gift was just for a year, now people being switched off an not very happy.
                          Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• sonc
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by toby69
                            this is a box that when you purchase you install s/w which opens there so called secret menu, when it started it was called nervostream, then service+, now ethernet, all you had to is click on their service to register, presto all done, free so called chns on their own server, but this so called gift was just for a year, now people being switched off an not very happy.
                            True, but they knew (or at least should have known) that the gift was not for ever, and could go at any time.

Comment

• sataday
                              Board Senior Member
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by sonc
                              True, but they knew (or at least should have known) that the gift was not for ever, and could go at any time.
                              I quite agree, but to not warn people of the switch off was not very good, and still not to say anything for 2-3 days after, was not very good practice.

Comment

Working...