Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Super high definition channels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • findeciclo
    Experienced Board Member
    • Oct 2010

Super high definition channels

In recent days there has been persistent rumors that Apple is working on the expansion by a new format for HD video, or rather, Super HD.

Indeed, if the rumors are confirmed, the format of Apple have a resolution of 4096 X 2160 pixels, four times the current HD has "only" 1920 X 1080. This could be an evolution of open source codec DIRAC, developed by the BBC, and has a HD resolution.

If we tie ends and add this latest rumor to what we already know that Apple is doing, it is clear that we are preparing something big has to do with the distribution of content.

Remember that Apple is building a server gramja North Carolina, the Mac Mini has just been renovated and now has an HDMI connector, and the Apple TV device is pending, has long been a deep update. Will Apple preparing a platform of content (music, video, software and games) that competes with ****** TV? Maybe we surprised ...

• Jun 2010

Re: Super high definition channels

so we shall now out and invest in new TV's

Comment

• Montebox
      • Oct 2011

I thought the current HD streaming was the best you could get for the eye? As you sit too far away from the tv to notice any more definition than 1080p. If you need to zoom in on parts of the picture then I can understand this

Comment

• osmanliimperator
        Experienced Board Member
        • Oct 2011

is there a difference between super high definition and ultra high definition?

Comment

• findeciclo
          Experienced Board Member
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by osmanliimperator
          I don't know well. I only know Apple have a resolution of 4096 X 2160 pixels and they called it "Super high definition".
          If you know more about this, tell us.
          Regards.

Comment

• zoran89
            Experienced Board Member
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by osmanliimperator
            UHD is 7680 × 4320p...

Comment

• darkbus
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by findeciclo
              I don't know well. I only know Apple have a resolution of 4096 X 2160 pixels and they called it "Super high definition".
              If you know more about this, tell us.
              Regards.
              That was was in the latest version of OSX if i am correct.

The problem is bandwidth for something 4096x2160. It wouldn't be possible to broadcast that type of resolution over the air, so it would have to be via an internet connection. And even though you would need probably close to a 50mbit connection.

I also doubt apple would just produce their own TV range for this, as they would need industry buy in to make it successful.

Also I doubt the mac mini is powerful enough to run videos of that resolution. Also can even the HDMI specification go up to that resolution?

Comment

• Bazinga
                Experienced Member
                • Aug 2011

that will use up alot of bandwidth on the television satellites.
                DM800HD Clone Satellite
                VU+ Duo Genuine
                SlingBox Pro HD / Sling Player - Fibrelink

Oh Enigma2, You're my favourite linux based operating system.

Comment

• Montebox
                  • Oct 2011

we have UHD inspection video for inspection of pcb's at work. But this is only because you can zoom into the pcb and check for shorts/poor connections and very small etching faults across tracks.

Comment

• skytec
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Mar 2010

Ultra HDTV (also known as “Super Hi-Vision” or “Ultra HD”), is an experimental video format conceptualized by the Japanese public broadcasting network, NHK.

Unlike standard HDTV, Ultra HDTV is four times as wide and four times as high, producing an astonishing 7,680 × 4,320 pixel resolution. Ultra HDTV is 16 times the pixel resolution of standard HDTV. Some believe that Ultra HD technology raises Ultra HDTV health concerns.

In addition to the significant upgrade in video quality, sound quality is also significantly increased with Ultra HDTV. 24 channels of audio can be used with 24 speakers, producing a difference comparable to the Ultra HD video resolution.

Currently, only 3 cameras are able to capture video in Ultra HDTV format, and can only capture about 20 minutes (requiring 4 terabytes) in a single day. Needless to say, our current infrastructure is not designed to meet the Ultra HDTV requirements.

Several sources suggest that Super Hi-Vision technology will be used in the 2012 Olympics and will be widely available by 2020.

September 29th, 2010 – NHK and BBC successfully broadcast a Super Hi-Vision signal from England to Japan.
                    May 19th, 2011 – Sharp unveils its 85-inch Ultra HDTV prototype.
                    Attached Files
                    Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• darkbus
                      • Oct 2011

1080p difference in a home is noticeable.

But not many people will want 80"+ tv's at home. And even if they got uhdtv on a 40" tv, will the home user be able to tell the difference between uhdtv and 1080?

Can't see it happening for a long time

Comment

• findeciclo
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by master.x
                        I wouldn't be surprised if Apple will start to support another new technology, that's just what they do...
                        Perhaps you're right, Apple is innovating day by day....

Comment

• darkbus
                          • Oct 2011

Apple is without a doubt, one of the best companies that combine existing technologies and produce something great. Who would had though a jumbo ipod touch would actually be so useful. They are very good at innovating.

Comment

• findeciclo
                            Experienced Board Member
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by darkbus

The problem is bandwidth for something 4096x2160. It wouldn't be possible to broadcast that type of resolution over the air, so it would have to be via an internet connection. And even though you would need probably close to a 50mbit connection.

I also doubt apple would just produce their own TV range for this, as they would need industry buy in to make it successful.

Also I doubt the mac mini is powerful enough to run videos of that resolution. Also can even the HDMI specification go up to that resolution?
                            Bandwidth is a real problem, but as ever, it will be fixed. And if Apple is developing something like that, who knows?.....

Comment

• vimmers
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by darkbus

sorry but how do u know what providers can upload/stream

Comment

Working...