Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

technomate tm600 ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kph1966
    Banned
    • Sep 2011

technomate tm600 ?

Hello everyone,I currently just have the one box a tm 500s but am looking to add another box in a different room and i was thinking of a tm600 as everything i have read about them seems like it will fit the bill for what i need it for,What do you guys think of the 600 your thoughts and comments would be much appreciated,thanks and have a good day.
  • bong1
    Board Senior Member
    • Apr 2010

Re: technomate tm600 ?

had mine since they came out good box but not verry well suported last image update was about 6 months ago
    coyi !

Comment

• fandm
      Experienced Board Member
      • Aug 2011

Hi never had the 600, check the specs before you buy to see if it is HD, if not leave it alone.
      I am sure the other members here will tell you the full specs for this box

Comment

• digicon
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2011

The 600 is an enigma1 box same as the TM 500 so really no difference apart from a faster processor and a bit more ram, IMO you would be better saving a bit more and either getting a clone DM800HD or maybe another type like a Duo or the newer Uno.

As bong 1 said there is not much support anymore for the E1 boxes.

Comment

• kph1966
          Banned
          • Sep 2011

Hello lads i know their not a hd box but with my eyes that would not make any difference i was just after a cheap box to play with as i am a complete novice at this being a victim of nag 3 on cable so just a learning box with the easy option of extra memory with the usb ports that the 600 has,And also the fact that i know a LITTLE about technomates,you all have a good evening.

Comment

• fandm
            Experienced Board Member
            • Aug 2011

Hi I think if you buy that box just because it is cheap, you will be throwing your money away,
            I am no tech wiz, but it will not receive hd signals and all the sats will in future be HD

Comment

• jonny2by4
              Board Senior Member
              • May 2011

if your looking for a cheap box why not try the openbox s9hd or 10 has a fear bit of support.

Comment

• kph1966
                Banned
                • Sep 2011

Hello lads i have bought a tm 600 basically because it was off my mate for £40 which i felt was cheap enough and will upgrade to a hd box in the not to distant future hopefully,Thanks for the replies i appreciate the feed back but its just a learning box as i am just starting with sat so i think it will serve its purpose,have a good night .

Comment

• dmgp
                  • Sep 2011

kph 1966 I think you are going the right way about this. I went the cheap option to learn as if you manage to turn your box into a brick it won't be the end of the world. I have to say it took me a few months to get to grips with a basic linux box, but it was worth it in the end, that was the point at which I upgraded to an HD Enigma 11 box. And I was able to sell on the cheapo ( It was actually an Eagle ) for almost what I had paid for it. Good luck and enjoy, don't pull out too much hair ! I haven't got much left !
                  rgds
                  dmgp

Comment

Working...