Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

SpiderBox 9000HD vs AZBOX Elite/Premium

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urkal
    • Mar 2010

SpiderBox 9000HD vs AZBOX Elite/Premium

Hi,

Now sure if this is the correct place to post but looking for peoples experience with the above boxes.

I'm looking at the spiderbox 9000HD or the azbox elite/preimium. I've a couple of questions about how they work.

1: Will they work off my current Sky Dish?
    2: Where can I find a list of channels that will be available.
    3: A buddy has a spiderbox but he seems to receive all the encrpyted channels also, is this setup out of the box?
  • runmo
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: SpiderBox 9000HD vs AZBOX Elite/Premium

I propose you ask your questions in the subforum for satellite receivers, it will bed easier to aks your questions and get answers there I think.
    Myself I have a vu+ duo and a dreambox but the AZ box seems to be appreciated receiver.
    regards

Comment

• bonus101
      • Sep 2010

Hi,

I am also upgrading (Humax5400) and am considering my options. Is the spiderbox 9000 or the AZBOX Premium the way to go? Or can someone else recommend an alternative?

Comment

• sonc
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2010

I upgraded from a Humax5400 last year. I went for the VU+ Duo. Absolutely no regrets

Originally posted by urkal
        Hi,

Now sure if this is the correct place to post but looking for peoples experience with the above boxes.

I'm looking at the spiderbox 9000HD or the azbox elite/preimium. I've a couple of questions about how they work.

1: Will they work off my current Sky Dish?
        2: Where can I find a list of channels that will be available.
        3: A buddy has a spiderbox but he seems to receive all the encrpyted channels also, is this setup out of the box?
        @urkal - This question has been copied from another forum, posted by chrislynch8:

Code:
        http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056164014

Comment

• astr1d
          • Dec 2010

I'm on an AZBox HD Premium+ Combo (Cable and satellite) and the experience is mixed.

Picture quality is great, best I've seen on the market, best 1080p pictures I've come across and the chipset does a great job on both upscaling and downscaling.

Stability is great, as long as you do not overstretch the capabilities of the box by installing too many plug-ins. Install openXCas to be able to read your Sky card and to share it with or from any other receivers you may own. It will also, within limits, decode other encrypted channels that you do not subscribe too, provided you have an internet connection to connect to the box.

It will work seamlessly with your existing Sky dish, and will give you every channel you currently have and maybe a few more.

Connectivity is great, it integrates smoothly on your local network using either UTP or WiFi.

Software and user-interface are crap, zapping is slow, menu's are badly implemented. However there are plenty of alternatives under development. Since it's an open system you are not bound to the official firmware. BTW: All of this goes for all 'open' linux based systems.

The official software development used to produce 2 to 3 'nightly builds' per month, but then suddenly came to a grinding halt. Recently it has been picked up again, following a deal between producers Opensat and Morrocan telecom provider Meditel, who now sell a branded AZBox.

If you are a techie, go for it. If you need your girlfriend/wife to operate the box too, or even worse: your parents, I'ld stay away from it.

Comment

• satfan
            • Jun 2011

I'm on an AZBox HD Premium+ Combo (Cable and satellite) and the experience is mixed.

If you have more money buy two others tuner for that way

Comment

Working...