Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Spiderbox 9000HD worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jontydog
    • Mar 2013

Spiderbox 9000HD worth buying?

Hi all at the moment I have an F3 box working fine with my line but am not happy with the epg and other things so now I have the hang of it I am going to upgrade but am not sure which receiver to get. I just want a decent epg and the ability to stream football to my pc upstairs. I have noticed that the spiderbox is quite cheap at the moment but is there a lot of support etc for it? If I could afford it I would go for a dreambox but they are a bit too much so want a cheaper alternative

cheers
  • sataday
    Board Senior Member
    • Dec 2011

Re: Spiderbox 9000HD worth buying?

I have a spiderbox 9000HD and I am very happy with it. There hasn't been any new patches for it for a while now, but there are still softcams updates, but if you are looking for a box with epg I would look elsewhere.

Comment

• cannydo
      Board Senior Member
      • Sep 2011

Hi Jontydog
      You have neglected to say if your a fixed dish or motorized if your a fixed dish and don't want to over spend. I have a spiderbox 6000HD on a motorized dish in my livingroom and I would say for the price with the gift it is highly recommended, though the epg is only now and next. Now the juicy bit m8 I have a Cloud Ibox in my bedroom this box is a clone for dreambox and vu+solo its a brilliant piece of kit and its cheap 7 day epg iptv tsmedia which in laymans term all the latest films streamed to your box choice is your.

Comment

• mahrkpat
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2012

Another box to consider is openbox6000 hd like the cloud box it is a clone of vu+solo less
        then £90 and you get 7 day epg and with these boxes you just enter the ip of your box into
        your browser and you can see what's on your box and change channels as well therefore
        streaming is easy.
        Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• thecrazybandit
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jul 2012

The support for the Spiderbox HD6000 so far has been very good with lots of patches coming all the time the only down side is it only holds 6000 channels if you are fine with that it is a great value for money box

Comment

• Jontydog
            • Mar 2013

Cheers for the replies guys given me something to think about now lol. I just have a fixed dish on 28E these days (mrs won't entertain a motorised large dish lol). Will have to have a proper read up on these Cloud Iboxes because I have never heard of them my head is spinning with all the choice on ebay and various satellite shop websites. Am I right in thinking they are satellite boxes with a bit of xbmc type stuff thrown in?

Hmm just had a read up on these Cloud Iboxes and there seems to be a bit of an issue with them overheating and having to make modifications and add fans and stuff. It also doesn't mention cccam capability and as a bit of a thicky can you stream both ways? Sounds a silly question but I know it shows streams off the net but can I stream what I am watching to my pc in my bedroom?

Comment

• kalpikos
              Experienced Board Member
              • Sep 2011

Hi Jontydog

I suggest you to buy another receiver, a linux receiver.
              Why you insist to spend your money to a non linux box?

These boxes will be always in the second place.
              Do you want to be in a first place?

If yes, you can buy a vu+solo2 with a little more money.
              It's very fast with streaming capabilities and has very good support.
              Be sure that it worth its money.
              If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• bokkie
                Experienced Board Member
                • Feb 2012

Linux is the way to go in my opinion. Spiderbox would be worthwhile if you had a motorised dish and could make use of the gift.
                I'd recommend vu+, gigablue, dreambox, etc. Even technomate has a couple good options in the
                TM 2T-OE and the nano.

Comment

• Jontydog
                  • Mar 2013

I definitely want a Linux box but there is a bit price difference between the budget type of box I am after and the VU+Solo2 which are selling on ebay for over £300 that is way over my price range would get one if I could afford it lol. I do have the use of a "gift" and my main aim is to stream to a pc upstairs mainly for the football to stop being nagged at by the mrs and daughter lol. Have been put off the openbox and cloud ibox by this overheating business

Comment

• toby69
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Oct 2011

please keep to topic.

plenty talk here > http://www.satlover.eu/forum/search....archid=1076342

about linux bxs.

think time to get motor my friend.
                    Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

Working...