Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

protek 9760 HD which cards the slot Smart Card interface supports?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haramo
    • Dec 2012

protek 9760 HD which cards the slot Smart Card interface supports?

I want to know which cards the protek 9760 HD slot smart card interface could support?

I don't find any information about this, strange.

If I want to use a card that opens all channels, how sure can I be that the protek will accept the card? or if I want to use official cards , same question?
  • haramo
    • Dec 2012

Re: protek 9760 HD which cards the slot Smart Card interface supports?

Extra information about what I'm searching for:

I thaught that cards have certain properties and question is if the protek receiver can handle those properties. It's not about which cards but about which authentication method, encryption, communications methods, .... the protek can handle? Then it's not needed to now the complete list of working cards but only to know which properties are used by a card?

Comment

• pan1300
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

Re: protek 9760 HD which cards the slot Smart Card interface supports?

hi haramo

this answer might seem familiar to you, but I give it anyway, it might help others:

tested (but more than a year ago): official flemish card and dutch card (only sd subscription) - if I remember well, they both worked, but other channels (protek server) had a lot of freezes while the cards were inserted, as soon as the cards were removed, the freezing stopped. I also don't know if the official card updates come through with the protek - I have no more cards atm, so can't check, sorry.

I think these proteks have a conax-cardreader - also funcards work well (but have to be programmed with a card programmer such as a Cas 3+), and very very few channels open atm (nothing english or flemish/dutch).

And: in case of a protek, why do you need cards?

Other option is the new protek 9800 (linux) -> can be used with clines (free or premium - both from satlover!). Requires some more knowledge (linux).

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...