Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Skybox recording

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murkr
    • Mar 2013

Skybox recording

Hi,

I am due to receive a skybox tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone can advise if putting a sata drive in caddy with USB connection if this will work?

I am basically going to take a harddrive out of my sky+ hd box as I no longer use this. (I believe I will need to format this in FAT32?)

Also once adding the clines I won't need to keep the USB stick unless changing clines correct?

Thanks
  • mahrkpat
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: Skybox recording

Originally posted by murkr
    Hi,

I am due to receive a skybox tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone can advise if putting a sata drive in caddy with USB connection if this will work?

I am basically going to take a harddrive out of my sky+ hd box as I no longer use this. (I believe I will need to format this in FAT32?)

Also once adding the clines I won't need to keep the USB stick unless changing clines correct?

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.
    It should work and yes you would have to format the hard drive in FAT32.
    Once you have entered the clines then you can remove the usb stick a
    simpler method of installing clines is the ftp tool especially when you are
    testing clines removes the need for constantly plugging and unplugging
    the usb stick.
    Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• murkr
      • Mar 2013

Thank you for the quick reply, I will have to look into the FTP tool

Last question, I don't suppose there is a magic eye type tool like on sky to mirror whats being viewed downstairs (and preferably using a remote)

Comment

• cannydo
        Board Senior Member
        • Sep 2011

There is not mate you'll have to buy "video senders" or loop through your box use the search enginr at the top of the page. To find out more about loop through or loop over.

Comment

• Sparty40
          • Mar 2013

Welcome from another nebie, is it just me or is there a lack of actually what a new guy needs to do to get a skybox up and running lol

Comment

• mahrkpat
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Sparty40
            Welcome from another nebie, is it just me or is there a lack of actually what a new guy needs to do to get a skybox up and running lol
            To be honest with you these are more or less plug and play boxes, if you have a
            static dish already pointing to 28.2.e all you would need to know is how to
            access the secret menu by remote which is press menu then 6666 then how to
            update by usb or ftp tool the clines and channel list, if you just want to watch
            fta only channel list update is required.
            Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

Working...