Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Spiderbox 9000HD Vs Eaglebox 800 HD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scooterman
    Board Senior Member
    • Sep 2011

Spiderbox 9000HD Vs Eaglebox 800 HD

First of all for £49 the Eagle box is a great buy.
    First really big advantage the Eagle has is its media player,i have tested it and it plays any file type i have tried ,and the built in 1024 mb ram makes loading and playing high end HD movies quick and smooth.

Iam still getting used to the functions of the Eaglebox ,and there are perhaps more settings that need tweaked or functions iam not aware of.

Switching between newcamd and cccam in the Eagle does'nt appear to be automatic and i have had to enter the menu to do it ,which seems a major draw back,or perhaps there is a hot key or something otherwise not so good.

The eagle seems to switch between channels faster than a spider box but i have noticed on a few sats that the eagle struggles or does'nt clear as many channels as the Spider,also it does'nt seem to show encryption type thats being used on any channel ,which is a draw back if you wish to manage channels and save say the conax ones that open more and less glitchy on a free server.

It looks like the best way to put the channels in it would be to load the spiders channels into editor on pc and then manually put same ones into the Eagle.

Its early days for to judge how good the Eagle box is but does seem really good value for money and if it does'nt suffer F100 death like the new spiderbox 9900HD that makes it better because it works.
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Spiderbox 9000HD Vs Eaglebox 800 HD

For the price, you can't really go wrong. The support seems to be improving a bit so hopefully it gets better. I also notice that the price has almost halved from £89 when I was looking for a stb, to £49 now. Possibly trying to get a cut of the openbox market?

Comment

• pan1300
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

hi guys

Just out of interest: does this box offer a freeserver? Any idea how long it lasts and what's open (on which sats - packages - channels?)?

thanks

Comment

• Mobley3
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2012

What is the quality of the picture like in comparison, also how good /bad are the onscreen menus?

Regards Mobley3

mobley3

Comment

• thecrazybandit
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jul 2012

The spiderbox is far better than the eaglebox and still has good support i dont think there is much support for the eaglebox any more but for that price how can you go wrong

Comment

• bokkie
            Experienced Board Member
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by pan1100
            hi guys

Just out of interest: does this box offer a freeserver? Any idea how long it lasts and what's open (on which sats - packages - channels?)?

thanks
            Eaglebox doesn't have a free server, Spiderbox does.

Comment

• redhezuk
              Experienced Board Member
              • Mar 2011

I have just bought an Eaglebox Mini HD which I think uses the same firmware as the 800 HD. Does anyone know how to jump when playing back I can only seem to fast forward or rewind which is useless when trying to watch the last 10 mins of a 2 hour film!

Comment

• pan1300
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by redhezuk
                I have just bought an Eaglebox Mini HD which I think uses the same firmware as the 800 HD. Does anyone know how to jump when playing back I can only seem to fast forward or rewind which is useless when trying to watch the last 10 mins of a 2 hour film!
                hi redhezuk

I have the same on one of my boxes (mvision): so only fast forward or rewind (with the arrow buttons) - I don't think there's another way - apparently depends on the box itself - however: if someone should have a tip: always welcome !

Comment

• redhezuk
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by pan1100
                  hi redhezuk

I have the same on one of my boxes (mvision): so only fast forward or rewind (with the arrow buttons) - I don't think there's another way - apparently depends on the box itself - however: if someone should have a tip: always welcome !
                  Ok thanks, is quite annoying as I only have 10 mins left to watch and everytime I fast forward and press play it returns back to the start!?

Comment

• redhezuk
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Mar 2011

Whilst I haven't figured out a way to jump to a point in time I did resolve the fast forwarding returning to the start of the recording by copying the file from the recordings folder into the root of the drive and renaming to a .ts file. The box was then able to play it properly with fast forward and rewind continuing from the relevant position when pressing play again!

Comment

Working...