Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Eaglebox 800HD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keithr
    • Dec 2011

Eaglebox 800HD

Has anyone had experience of these box's? I have a couple of these and they are working very well except a couple of anoying points. I am using usals and the motor settings keep changing back from usals to none! Also in the manual it says that the favourite title IE: FAV1 can be renamed using the green button but this does not seem to work. I am using what seems to be the latest patch from Aquila (April).
  • bokkie
    Experienced Board Member
    • Feb 2012

Re: Eaglebox 800HD

I was considering an eaglebox at one point, but decided against it due to the limited support and lack of epg.
    This was a while back, when they first came out, so I'm guessing it's better now.

Comment

• toby69
      Experienced Board Member
      • Oct 2011

keithr,
      welcome to the site,
      not any expereince with the eaglebox800 hd, but my local sat shop are selling these boxes now for £67, as i think they getting on.
      ive not looked into them myself, but i think they capable with c/lines, n/lines, i dont need a box myself but i know someone who does, ive read they can be a bit unstable, dont know which way thou, whats your opinion on this.
      toby
      Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• keithr
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by toby69
        keithr,
        welcome to the site,
        not any expereince with the eaglebox800 hd, but my local sat shop are selling these boxes now for £67, as i think they getting on.
        ive not looked into them myself, but i think they capable with c/lines, n/lines, i dont need a box myself but i know someone who does, ive read they can be a bit unstable, dont know which way thou, whats your opinion on this.
        toby
        I have had 2 running since March, I am using NEWCAMD and I find them stable but on other forums people are saying that CCCam does not work properly. I went for these as I was looking for a cheap simple receiver, I had returned 2 Openbox's, both would continually shut off and re-boot when the motor was activated, power supply problem I guess. There is some Eaglebox support on the Alsat forum, what is really lacking is a channel editor.

Comment

• bokkie
          Experienced Board Member
          • Feb 2012

How is the epg on the eaglebox?
          I was thinking of getting one for a bedroom box, but a decent epg is a must.

Comment

• toby69
            Experienced Board Member
            • Oct 2011

yes keithr, you will always find bad reports about xyz boxes, but the only way is to experience a paticular box for yourself an see if it meets your needs.
            i also read not to good for cccam, thats all my bruv wants for, will do more homework.
            take care
            toby69
            Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• scooterman
              Board Senior Member
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by keithr
              I have had 2 running since March, I am using NEWCAMD and I find them stable but on other forums people are saying that CCCam does not work properly. I went for these as I was looking for a cheap simple receiver, I had returned 2 Openbox's, both would continually shut off and re-boot when the motor was activated, power supply problem I guess. There is some Eaglebox support on the Alsat forum, what is really lacking is a channel editor.
              Cccam gets corrupted if you add more than one line and if you save your settings the corruption also gets saved,i think the only solution is to load Jimi Hendrix's simple starters channel list that gets rid of the corruption then add your channels,save new list to memory stick then add cline then if it gets corrupted again you can load your channel list and it will reset your cam as it loads cam info at same time.
              There is a lack of support and no good channel lists available ,it took me a month to make one that covers all sats with English or channels only that you would only be likely to watch.
              If anyone needs help i can give you my channel list 28E-30W and cccam will work again after loading it .

These boxes seem fine on newcamd the problem is only with Cccam

Comment

• will86
                • Jul 2013

hi i have an eagle mini hd, im having trouble with the channel list, is there any channel list available to download

Comment

• redhezuk
                  Experienced Board Member
                  • Mar 2011

Try this channel editor that is in beta development.

Channel order can now be changed simply by dragging them from one position to another.
                  Double click on the channel to re-name it.
                  Channels can be re-named from King of Sat Channel names and IDs.
                  Favourite Lists are now displayed on the left.
                  Super settings can now be edited and updated.
                  Channels can now have numbers put into the names this allows then to be displayed by alphabetical order and get the channels in the order you want them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...