Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Openbox S9 hd

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbonchev
    Board Senior Member
    • Jul 2011

Re: Openbox S9 hd

With two S2 tuners you can watch one program in H-polarisation and record second program no mater in H- or V-polarisation.

Comment

• 123bipper
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sarmis
      It`s a aoftware that kill openbox clones ?
      The official latest firmware all kill clones. After the 10th cycle of on/off via the power button, the box dies, and you have to revive it though a null-route cable connected with a PC.

Also, don't forget that the OpenBox S9 HD PVR just has ONE usb input, therefore if you'll put the wlan USB stick, you won't be able to use an external USB drive for recording and timeshift.

Originally posted by rbonchev
      With two S2 tuners you can watch one program in H-polarisation and record second program no mater in H- or V-polarisation.
      The box just have ONE tuner. The pictures and descriptions found on the internet saying it has two tuners are wrong.

Comment

• 123bipper
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Apples
        there isn't some porting of enigma or neutrino?
        No, I don't think it can be done. The firmware is proprietary, and I personally don't think an enigma image would fit into the EEPROM.

If you want enigma you have to buy a DreamBox clone, or a box with linux. The OpenBox S9 does not use linux. It also costs half of a DreamBox clone tho.

Comment

• jochen7575
          Board Senior Member
          • Mar 2011

Where did you bought your dream 800hd clone?
          at your country, at europe or at hongkong or china?

Comment

• rbonchev
            Board Senior Member
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by 123bipper
            The official latest firmware all kill clones. After the 10th cycle of on/off via the power button, the box dies, and you have to revive it though a null-route cable connected with a PC.

Also, don't forget that the OpenBox S9 HD PVR just has ONE usb input, therefore if you'll put the wlan USB stick, you won't be able to use an external USB drive for recording and timeshift.

The box just have ONE tuner. The pictures and descriptions found on the internet saying it has two tuners are wrong.

I'm talking about this one:

Comment

• 123bipper
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rbonchev
              I'm talking about this one:

I know, me too. The picture is misleading. It's not a linux receiver; it does not have a web browser; it does not have two tuners; it does not support PIP. The rest is true.

Originally posted by sarmis
              How it works with NDS encrypted channels ?
              So far so good. Support is good, they release at least 2 new firmware updates every month.

Comment

• hooley
                • May 2011

Originally posted by 123bipper
                I know, me too. The picture is misleading. It's not a linux receiver; it does not have a web browser; it does not have two tuners; it does not support PIP. The rest is true.

So far so good. Support is good, they release at least 2 new firmware updates every month.
                THat model is a Ukranian model and it is totally different to the more popular Chinese made model

Comment

• ecsbox360
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hooley
                  THat model is a Ukranian model and it is totally different to the more popular Chinese made model
                  Being an owner of a chinese model, and seeing videos of the ukrainian model... Id be very interested in swapping!! The ukrainian model looks far far better!

Anyone know where they can be purchased?
                  Dislikes the Chinese Openbox Receivers, so much..

Comment

Working...