Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

what receiver I bought?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gauloises1
    • May 2012

what receiver I bought?

is a hd cable receiver, with mips sti 5202 processor, with hdmi, usb but without rs232, doesnt have any name,brand or other inscriptions,not even in mainboard.i want to put n2 keys and i dont know what image should i put via usb.
    I started a thread here because remote controll is exactly the same with opticum 4000s.thanks

• Mobley3
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2012

Re: what receiver I bought?

Hi M8, If as you say it is a Cable Receiver then I would think that you have a problem as it would not have a Satellite tuner and would need to be connected up to a local cable supplier for service, I stand to be corrected on this and hope that you can get it up and running.
    Regards Mobley

mobley3

Comment

• gauloises1
      • May 2012

yes, my cable provider is on nagra 2 and i remember it old times in the past, when sat provider was o n2 and I was put the code with remote controll.i pressed menu 9339 but not here,in this rec.

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

Just to add a little more if your receiver is Open source linux or closed source. For open source there are Enigma, Blackhole and Open Pli available these days. For closed source its a bit tricky and you may brick your receiver by putting a worng firmware on it.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• gauloises1
          • May 2012

i dont know anything about it,i bought it from flea Market because i thought it was a opticum and that I will be able to enter n2 keys but secret codes dont work.backside is very similar to opticum t80. can i change the software through USB? you can direct me to a similar model dvb-c? I bought with little money

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

Right: Does the box work? are you able to Enter C line into it? Use USB for the C line. If you have used CCcam.cfg before then its easy enough. Try it and if it works with a c line then i would suggest not to change software on it otherwise you will brick it. Just use it a second receiver in your bedroom and enjoy
            If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• odysseas1991
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jan 2011

You must first distinguish the difference between if it is a satellite or a cable box. If it is cable then I am afraid it is of little use in this instance. Check the menu and see if there is any satellite channel lists from satellites like hotbird, astra etc and this will confirm if it is satellite. If there isn't then it is most likely a cable box.

Comment

• gauloises1
                • May 2012

thanks for answers but i said is a DVB-C(cable) receiver and doesnt have lan port so only solution is to introduce manually nagra2 keys(softcam.key).My cable provider has n2 encryption.
                with this soft i ca only watch unencrypted,free channels and we all knows that the best channels are encrypted

Comment

Working...