Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

F5s scrambled until ******* video played

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdub74
    • Aug 2014

F5s scrambled until ******* video played

I have a really wierd problem which started last Friday, when I turn on my F5s most of the time the channels say scrambled until I go to the ******* app and start to play any video, then when I exit out of ******* the nline channels work perfectly until I shutdown the box or bring it out of standby, I then have to got through the same procedure, sometimes the channels will unscramble on their own immediately or within 15 minutes.

I have two F5s boxes on a multi room and they are both having the same problem, my current nline gift providers swears there is not problem with the service and has told me to update the channel list (which I have) he has also said that he believes it maybe an earthing problem (can't see both boxes having an earthing problem at the same time) I have tried a test c line from another provider and the problem doesn't occur with the test provider.

So far I have reset the boxes back to factory settings, re applied the latest firmware from April 2014, rebooted the router, checked both the Ethernet connections to the boxes.

It's almost like when the boxes are switched on they are not logging into the nline server and for some reason playing a video in ******* app forces the box to login to the nline.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, I personally think my nline provider is not being honest with me and that his server is overloaded, strange how this problem started the day before he premiership season started and that the test cline worked ok.
  • kalpikos
    Experienced Board Member
    • Sep 2011

Re: F5s scrambled until ******* video played

Hi mate

The best way to solve your problem is to test your line on other receiver (better a dreambox) and check its stability.

My opinion is that you have wrong settings on your boxes. Maybe your cam is not starts automatically and that's why when you restart the box isn't alive the line.

The last you can do is to contact with your server holder and to tell him what happens.
    If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• mahrkpat
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2012

The problem you describe is internet problem not line problem and it seems unless you connect to ******* your boxes are being blocked by firewall setting?
      I am not sure but might be worth trying to reboot your router or looking at the routers firewall settings.
      Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• pan1300
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

hi cdub74

and in addition to @mahrkpat's post: also check if your router has the latest firmware.

Comment

• cdub74
          • Aug 2014

The boxes have been fine for the last 5 weeks, the problem started on Friday.

Have rebooted my router, but the problem still persists,

Which settings should I be looking at in the firewall? I haven't changed any settings in my router recently!

Did contact my line provider sent him a video but he just said to update channel list (which I have)

Comment

• kalpikos
            Experienced Board Member
            • Sep 2011

Search in your router's settings for "firewall" and disable it.

Maybe your internet provider made an upgrade in router's firmware without your permission.

Comment

• cdub74
              • Aug 2014

Have put one of my boxes in the DMZ which means all ports are open to it, but still has not made any difference to the box that is in the DMZ.

I have noticed that the problem seems to occur mainly when switching on the box between 10am-12pm, and after 5pm (Mon - Friday) and all day Saturday and Sunday.
              From Monday to Friday I can more or less guarantee that the channels come up first time before 10am and between 12pm-5pm.

Also noticed tonight the Sky Box Office PPV sport channel works for around 5 seconds then scrambles on both my receivers.

Anyone else have any other ideas

Comment

• kalpikos
                Experienced Board Member
                • Sep 2011

I think it's better to contact with your server holder.
                Maybe he made some changes on the settings that influence to you.

Tell him about about your problem and also tell him what is your receiver.

Comment

• cdub74
                  • Aug 2014

Server provider just tells me that I need to update my channel list (which I have). Do you think the problem could be at their end?

Comment

• mahrkpat
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jun 2012

Most of the HD channels are gone now and sly recently changed its EPG so some numbering
                    of channels also changed.
                    2 of the most popular skybox channel lists are AJ's and sattv5's(sly numbered)

AJ's can be found here: __http://www.ajsat.co.uk/

sattv5's(updated by cwaite):__http://cwaite.dyndns.tv/

Its peak times you are getting problems so could well be the server.
                    Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• kalpikos
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Sep 2011

Hi cdub74

Maybe you server is right.
                      As mahrkpat said, maybe some changes on channels cause delay of epg.

The only left is to follow his advice.

Delete your channel's list and make a new scan on all satellites you are receiving.

Comment

Working...