Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Openbox memory full

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McrRed
    • Jul 2012

Openbox memory full

I'm trying to sort out a multisat channel setup.

I can't use USALS for some reason so I'm setting up each bird by disecq 1.2

I got the system working and shifting from bird to bird and now want to tidy all the channels up and delete duplicates etc.

I deleted all channels and then re-saved the position of each satellite ready to scan for channels. When I try to scan a satellite each time I'm getting the message "Space is full".

I've tried loading my old working tp_prog.dbs but it still says space is full.

I'm thinking i'm going to have to factory reset and reload the image but maybe there's something basic I'm doing wrong?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
  • microchick
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Openbox memory full

I would suggest not to go to Factory reset. Just go to the Menu and the Edit Channel.
    Press on Delete All. It will delete all the stored channels and you can do a new start.
    Tip: Try to search for TV channels only and no one is interested in Radio channles from other countries. It will save you lots of space.
    If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• mahrkpat
      Experienced Board Member
      • Jun 2012

Look at this link see if it solves your problems

_http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=28900

Have you tried doing a preset scan to see if that make a difference.
      Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• microchick
        Experienced Board Member
        • Apr 2012

Thats a strange situation that a Box is showing "No Space" message because of the Flash Drive and the channel dont store on the drive.
        I wouldn't go for Preset Scan myself. They are the transponders stored on the box in the factory. If you do a Preset Scan you miss most of the transponders which have changed their frequencies since your box was made. Blind Scan is far better and one of the best option in Openbox. It checkes all the popular and possible transponders which it tinks will have a channel on it. Remember Transponders and channels change frequencies regularly. In Blind Scan you don't miss anything.
        If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• toby69
          Experienced Board Member
          • Oct 2011

your transponder memory is full, delete all old, unwanted, or dead transponer numbers, be cautious because when you delete a transponder number you also lose them paticular channels on that number.
          this happened to me a very long time ago, if you do factory reset, all satellites/ chns will needed to be scanned again, dont do factory re-set, will cause a lot of work for you. take them out manually using remote.
          Do not send me iptv/cline requests,

technical or iptv/cline server questions in PM!

I will not answer!

Comment

• microchick
            Experienced Board Member
            • Apr 2012

Don't forget you can store only 4000/5000 channels on Openbox. If you scan 3 major satellites like 28.2e, 19.2e and 13e then you memory is almost full. Don't scan radios.

Comment

• pan1300
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

hi McrRed

little tip before you start deleting TP's/channels or factory reset: take back-ups of as much settings/channels/TP's as you can!

Comment

• microchick
                Experienced Board Member
                • Apr 2012

If the memory is full and you do a back up before delete the channels and then restore channels from the backup it will fill the memory up again. Best to Blind Scan and do a fresh start

Comment

• McrRed
                  • Jul 2012

I've already deleted all the channels, several times, to no effect.
                  But I'll take the suggestion to delete transponders and see what happens.

Thanks for the heads up on factory reset.

edit:
                  I have over 260 transponders. Could that be it?

edit 2:
                  actually, that was just on one satellite. There were over 1000 tps listed

Ok. Deleting the transponders did the trick.
                  I can now blind scan for channels.

I think what I'll do is scan satellite by satellite and pull TP_Prog.dbs in to the channel editor and delete unwanted channels, save then go on to the next satellite.
                  Feels like a lot of messing about but I should finally get close to the channel setup I wanted.

Comment

• McrRed
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mahrkpat
                    Look at this link see if it solves your problems

_http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=28900

Have you tried doing a preset scan to see if that make a difference.
                    That was it mahrkpat. Thanks for the link.

I'd loaded a multisat channel list that had all satellites available and every transponder listed. There were thousands!
                    I started deleting them using the remote and it created enough space to blind scan channels.

I then realised I could use the Channel Editor programme to delete them on the PC and that made it a lot easier.

Comment

Working...