Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Softcam capability on OpenBox S10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f1fan
    • Jul 2012

Softcam capability on OpenBox S10

I've been finding it hard to find any straight forward information on the OpenBox's Softcam capabilities either on here or the internet in general.

I've managed to figure out how to upload a softcam.key file and have found that Cryptoworks and Irdeto lines (i.e. those starting W and I) import correctly and I've been able to watch ORF channels on 13e.

The OpenBox does not seem to import and therefore support other lines such as Seca, Viacces, etc.

Can anyone give me some details on the extent of the OpenBox capability and whether other types are implemented through different options on the receiver?

My particular aim is to watch Rai channels on 13e but I can't figure out how to do so.

Thanks
  • pan1300
    Experienced Board Member
    • Apr 2012

Re: Softcam capability on OpenBox S10

hi

I don't have an OpenBox, but can't you enter them manually (ok, is a bit of work, but think it's doable - if it's possible with the box naturally - RAI changes only about once a month, right?)

Comment

• ocram88

Originally posted by f1fan
      I've been finding it hard to find any straight forward information on the OpenBox's Softcam capabilities either on here or the internet in general.

I've managed to figure out how to upload a softcam.key file and have found that Cryptoworks and Irdeto lines (i.e. those starting W and I) import correctly and I've been able to watch ORF channels on 13e.

The OpenBox does not seem to import and therefore support other lines such as Seca, Viacces, etc.

Can anyone give me some details on the extent of the OpenBox capability and whether other types are implemented through different options on the receiver?

My particular aim is to watch Rai channels on 13e but I can't figure out how to do so.

Thanks
      For see che R*I channels, I use the cccam free server. I set the cccam.cfg.

Comment

• f1fan
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by pan1100
        hi

I don't have an OpenBox, but can't you enter them manually (ok, is a bit of work, but think it's doable - if it's possible with the box naturally - RAI changes only about once a month, right?)
        You can only enter W and I keys through the softcam.key function. Do you have to enter other keys through other functions, e.g. constants.cw?

Comment

• f1fan
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ocram88
          For see che R*I channels, I use the cccam free server. I set the cccam.cfg.
          I'm trying to avoid using cccam, I can never find a server that doesn't freeze.

Comment

• ocram88

I'm trying to avoid using cccam, I can never find a server that doesn't freeze.
            Yes, you're right, those only work if you make a subscription

Comment

• pan1300
              Experienced Board Member
              • Apr 2012

hi

You can only enter W and I keys through the softcam.key function. Do you have to enter other keys through other functions, e.g. constants.cw?
              I referred to enter the keys manually with the remote control (but don't know if this is possible with the openbox - so without any files).

Comment

• mahrkpat
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2012

If do a search for 'openbox softcam keys 13e' you do get results that show R*I channels opening.

These softcams for openbox so if you know how to import there should not be a problem, although I've not tried due to only having a static dish at the moment.
                Liked my post then push the sigpic button.

Comment

• f1fan
                  • Jul 2012

I referred to enter the keys manually with the remote control (but don't know if this is possible with the openbox - so without any files).
                  When you enter codes manually under the Softcam.key settings you can only choose between CW & I. Cn you put other keys in a different section of the system? Are any other firmware versions available that support more than CW & I?

Originally posted by mahrkpat
                  If do a search for 'openbox softcam keys 13e' you do get results that show R*I channels opening.

These softcams for openbox so if you know how to import there should not be a problem, although I've not tried due to only having a static dish at the moment.
                  Can you give me a link? I did the search you said and only found the opposite, people saying that Rai does not work.

Comment

• isfaaq
                    • Oct 2011

hello. does any one know how to get the keys and put in softcam.key and use the openbox without internet and card. thanks

Comment

• KVF1966
                      Board Senior Member
                      • Dec 2012

The keys you can always download from any upload server and the FTP upload to the satellite receiver, in this case, the OpenBox S10

Comment

• isfaaq
                        • Oct 2011

i already have the card, i have 6 receiver in my home, i want to download the key in all the receiver. i want to know how to download and generate the softcam.key file from the card and i will copy it to all the other receiver.

Comment

• KVF1966
                          Board Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012

To do this you need in one receiver insert the smart card and the sharing call him the server and select the "Homeshara", then do not go out of this menu
                          select the Server and the number of clients.
                          The second option is connection via a LAN cable network with a switch or router.

Comment

• knap92

Hello,

I m using openbox 12hd for few months now and happy with it with Cccam ,if you can get good server like the satllover server it wil be the top you dont need to use prio file
                            Use the right firmware
                            Think to use good HDMI cabel

Thanks

Comment

• isfaaq
                              • Oct 2011

can you please explain me in more details.
                              i have openbox s10 hd. i want to load in it the softcam.key file so that i not need to put any lan cable or anything. each time the code changes, i will update the softcam.key in each receiver manually. but using my card, i want to create the softcam.key file so that i can put in all the receiver.

Originally posted by KVF1966
                              To do this you need in one receiver insert the smart card and the sharing call him the server and select the "Homeshara", then do not go out of this menu
                              select the Server and the number of clients.
                              The second option is connection via a LAN cable network with a switch or router.

Comment

Working...