Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

iphone tethering with usb lead

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fx6300
    • May 2014

iphone tethering with usb lead

is there a way to use a iphone for tethering with usb lead as wifi is broken on the iphone any help please
  • aplok
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2013

Re: iphone tethering with usb lead

... a iphone for tethering with usb lead as wifi ...

... can you explicit please ...

Comment

• fx6300
      • May 2014

i have broke my wifi on my iphone so it cannot search for other wifi's but i can tether with usb i just didnt know if i could use it with the box

Comment

• fx6300
        • May 2014

any help please

Comment

• aplok
          Experienced Board Member
          • Jun 2013

hi

try this

__http://askubuntu.com/questions/126340/how-do-i-set-up-the-iphone-usb-ethernet-driver

To get iPhone USB tethering working again, just install the following packages:

ipheth-utils.

libimobiledevice-dev

libimobiledevice-utils

You can install these packages through apt-get command or through the synaptic

or this:

__https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IPhone_Tethering

iPhone Tethering
          Jump to: navigation, search

To tether your iPhone over USB, you will need to install these packages: usbmuxd, libimobiledevice and ifuse.

Unless disabled by your provider, it's possible to share your iPhone's 3G data connection over WiFi, USB and Bluetooth without needing to jailbreak. WiFi requires no additional configuration provided your computer can connect to wireless networks, and you'll find instructions for USB and Bluetooth below.

or this:

__http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/4281/how-to-use-iphone-internet-tethering-via-usb-with-ubuntu-10-04

Diego Diagio created an iPhone kernel module called "ipheth".

It will be available in the kernel with version 2.6.34.

This module will register your phone as a network interface and you can simply use it with your dhcp-client or network manager.

Set up the Ubuntu Repository:

sudo add-apt-repository ppamcenery/ppa
          sudo apt-get update

Install the Kernel Module:

sudo apt-get install gvfs ipheth-utils

After that, enable tethering on your phone and connect it with your computer. Use dmesg to check if the device was recognized. Usually you will now have a new networking device, like /dev/ethX. Use it in your network manager or use dhclient, for example:

dhclient eth2

In addtion: My android phone registres as usb0, so it is dhclient usb0 to do the trick.

If you problems getting the repository to work, see the project page for further information.

Advantage: No jailbreaking and additional port binding / proxys are required

enjoy

Comment

Working...