Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Any firmware for Ariva 252 Combo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yusufmag
    • May 2013

Any firmware for Ariva 252 Combo

The set I bought was not working because the firmware was not installed. Then the retailer sent me the firmware 1.21 patch and it works. A week later I loaded the new firmware 1.23 but not working properly with the dtt. Now I hope to find a better firmware and make my decoder smarter.
    Thank you.
    Yusufmag
  • fraxs
    Board Senior Member
    • Jan 2013

Re: Any firmware for Ariva 252 Combo

Originally posted by yusufmag
    The set I bought was not working because the firmware was not installed. Then the retailer sent me the firmware 1.21 patch and it works. A week later I loaded the new firmware 1.23 but not working properly with the dtt. Now I hope to find a better firmware and make my decoder smarter.
    Thank you.
    Yusufmag

Hello,
    try to make a backup by selecting the "dump" option.
    Load the new fw 1.23b2 by "allcode+bootloader" option.
    Load your previous settings uploading "backup.abs" made before with "userdb" option.

If the dvb-t channels not work check your aerial settings after updating.

Comment

• yusufmag
      • May 2013

Thanks to Fraxs for quick reply.
      I returned to fw 1.21 and dvb-t channels work almost satisfactorily.
      When I tried the fw 1.23 most of the dvb-t channels were not working because their frequencies were corrupted, maybe one zero was added by fw.
      As per your instructions I will try to dump and load my channel list, hope I will learn.
      Again thank you.
      Yusufmag

Comment

• fraxs
        Board Senior Member
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by yusufmag
        Thanks to Fraxs for quick reply.
        I returned to fw 1.21 and dvb-t channels work almost satisfactorily.
        When I tried the fw 1.23 most of the dvb-t channels were not working because their frequencies were corrupted, maybe one zero was added by fw.
        As per your instructions I will try to dump and load my channel list, hope I will learn.
        Again thank you.
        Yusufmag
        Loading the previous channels list as "USERDB" you should solve the problem.
        After updating the fw, check if the settings of terrestrial antenna are wrong.

Comment

• yusufmag
          • May 2013

Originally posted by fraxs
          Loading the previous channels list as "USERDB" you should solve the problem.
          After updating the fw, check if the settings of terrestrial antenna are wrong.
          I loaded the new fw 1.23 then the channel list, I got everything back correctly even the dvb-t channels in perfect lcn order. But at first the decoder will show "no signal" of any dvb-t channel. I solved by switching off and on while on dvb-t.
          Ciao
          yusufmag

Comment

• brianne2
            • Apr 2012

hello..I also seem to have a problem with terrestrial channels in the Ariva 252 combi box...
            I know the aerial connections are ok..cos other Ariva boxes..work for terrestrial channels using the same terrestrial connection..
            But this Ariva 252 seems to find the channels and on downloading, the signql level and signal quality levels are 70 % and 90 %.... but as soon as i leave the menu to view the terrestrail channels it works for about 2 seconds only and freezes...
            If I return to the menu and view the signal level and signal quality..it shows both of no signal.....so obviously no pictures.....
            If I turn off the Ariva 252 and start again the same thing will happen..find good signal and download ok..but soon as i go to view the channels..they last about 2 seconds,,,,then menu will show no signal ...
            Can you help me..as I feel its poor / bad firmware causing my grief...
            Thanks if you can give an idiots guide to solve this problem.... Brianne2

Comment

• fraxs
              Board Senior Member
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by brianne2
              hello..I also seem to have a problem with terrestrial channels in the Ariva 252 combi box...
              I know the aerial connections are ok..cos other Ariva boxes..work for terrestrial channels using the same terrestrial connection..
              But this Ariva 252 seems to find the channels and on downloading, the signql level and signal quality levels are 70 % and 90 %.... but as soon as i leave the menu to view the terrestrail channels it works for about 2 seconds only and freezes...
              If I return to the menu and view the signal level and signal quality..it shows both of no signal.....so obviously no pictures.....
              If I turn off the Ariva 252 and start again the same thing will happen..find good signal and download ok..but soon as i go to view the channels..they last about 2 seconds,,,,then menu will show no signal ...
              Can you help me..as I feel its poor / bad firmware causing my grief...
              Thanks if you can give an idiots guide to solve this problem.... Brianne2
              Have you tried to change the fw?
              from what you describe you may have problem with the dvb-t tuner,
              try to connect the box to a different antenna.
              If not works, must be replaced.

Comment

• brianne2
                • Apr 2012

Hi SAxs.I should have included in my initial post that the Ariva 252 came with firmware v1.2B6....But i immediately patched it with firmware v1.2B6 (Patched)....for obviuios reasons....!!!!
                my procedure is to then do a factory rest at this stage..to save that firmware properly within the Ariva 252...
                And then i proceeded to download the digital Terrerstrial channels...and with the outcome already described.....

so next I contacted my supplier who replied quickly and asked me to download the latest firmware version from the ferguson website..they even supplied a link for that.... And the link bought me to the download page and the only firmware listed on that page was v1.23B2...i downloaded that..and tried that in my Ariva 252...that gave the same results..of pictures only for a few seconds..then freeze...
                So even the latest firmware from the ferguson site would not work......
                Would this definately point towards a poor/ bad tuner...?
                OR
                Would the firmware not be designed or up to scratch yet for the new tuner of
                T1/ T2 tuner in this model of Ariva box...?
                Thanks for any more advice....if you can help.... Brianne2

Hi SAxs.I should have included in my initial post that the Ariva 252 came with firmware v1.2B6....But i immediately patched it with firmware v1.2B6 (Patched)....for obviuios reasons....!!!!
                my procedure is to then do a factory rest at this stage..to save that firmware properly within the Ariva 252...
                And then i proceeded to download the digital Terrerstrial channels...and with the outcome already described.....

so next I contacted my supplier who replied quickly and asked me to download the latest firmware version from the ferguson website..they even supplied a link for that.... And the link bought me to the download page and the only firmware listed on that page was v1.23B2...i downloaded that..and tried that in my Ariva 252...that gave the same results..of pictures only for a few seconds..then freeze...
                OR
                Hi Fraxs...sorry for the wrong name spelling....the above post was hopefiul of your help...Brianne2

Comment

• yusufmag
                  • May 2013

Maybe I read on user manual that good antenna signal should be 80 and 90 pct., so maybe better you have your antenna checked and improved.
                  The firmware 1.21 or 1.22 is better than the 1.23 but both are not good with
                  channel number ordering.
                  yusufmag

Comment

• fraxs
                    Board Senior Member
                    • Jan 2013

OR

Hi Fraxs...sorry for the wrong name spelling....the above post was hopefiul of your help...Brianne2
                    Try it in another house...if don't work the problem is dvb-t tuner

Comment

• emilfed
                      • Jun 2013

I try the new firm 1.23 for the 252 but the dvb-t does'nt work.
                      Maybe there is a bug. With the 1.21 b6 work perfectly ons sat and dvb-t.
                      I hope next ferguson firm for this combo work perfectly like 1.21, but with the improve of last.
                      The receiver is good, the only difficoult are the settings.

Comment

• Satphoenix
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Oct 2012

I use 1.22b5 patch and nearly everything works fine.
                        I also heard from some bugs in the 1.23 so I continue with the 1.22 and wait for something better or better rated than 1.23b2.
                        If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!

Comment

Working...