Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Epg and Picons

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foxy6800
    • Oct 2013

Epg and Picons

Hi,

I am having a bit of issue on getting the EPG and Picons with latest Openpli image on my et4000.
    I have found couple of guides on line and followed them but had no luck.
    Do I need a plugins for them or just using the setting in the setup should work?

Thanks
  • kalpikos
    Experienced Board Member
    • Sep 2011

Re: Epg and Picons

Hello

If you have TSpanel, try to find crossEPG plugin and install it.
    Then run the plugin and download the epg from a server for the satellites that you use.

Also, with TSpanel you can find many feeds with picons.
    Just navigate in the feeds and you will find many picons.
    Usually, they have for almost all satellites that exist , ready picons for HDD or usb.
    Just download them. They don't need a special installation.
    If You Like My Post..... Please Press the Thanks Button

Comment

• foxy6800
      • Oct 2013

Thanks for the reply
      I only have a USB attached to the unit (no internal HDD), not sure if I can install one on mine, not opened it yet. Is there a option to specify to save on USB or it will by default?

Thanks

Comment

• digicon
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jun 2011

Do not install TSpanel on your OpenPLI image it is not necessary, People only installed this because they are lazy and it is easy to install Cams from the program itself what they do not tell you is that it can sometimes have a negative effect on the image as it installs files all over the enigma2 operating system.

you can install Crossepg direct from the Plugins Menu along with anything else you may need such as Cams, when you install Crossepg there is a setup menu in the main system menu title header CrossEPG in here you can specify where you want the epg.dat file stored in your case it will be /media/hdd.

If you want Picons then you must have a folder on your external Hard Drive called Picon

Inside the folder is where you put your Picons for either 1 satellite or all satellites, once they are inside OpenPLI will detect these automatically and display these in your channel list and MultiEPG database

Comment

• kalpikos
          Experienced Board Member
          • Sep 2011

I also have a usb stick for epg, picons and recordings.
          The openpli image, can recognize the usb automatically after the initialising and no need for extra mount it.

For epg, as @digicon said, you have to configure where you want to save the epg by changing tha value from the menu>CrossEPG

For the picons , is better to download ready picons from the feeds made for usb.

For recording, just create a folder "movie" in your usb , bu using a ftp program, and then change the recordings paths from the menu.

Comment

• foxy6800
            • Oct 2013

Where is the bet place to download from?

Thanks

Comment

• kalpikos
              Experienced Board Member
              • Sep 2011

I use the openpli panel and also the tspanel and trr panel.
              Just be careful when you install , to select for the image you have in order to avoid a crash.

Comment

Working...