Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

Quality 0 in some tp's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anthrx

Quality 0 in some tp's

Hello all, I´m new with azbox hd elite. I have pulled the image 0.9.5306. However in some tp, the quality is zero and the signal 99, for example in Astra 10877/10876 (calle 13, nat geographic, etc ...). If I thest the installation with my old deco, this tp is working whithout problems quality 80. I turned off the hard configuration, I reset to factory defaults, I pushed channel list, I searched manually, I downloaded list from king of sat ... but nothing as long as 0. Any ideas?

Saludos
  • satman72
    Experienced Board Member
    • Jun 2010

Re: Quality 0 in some tp's

If you've this problem first of all check into setting menu option hardware accelleration must be setted off!
    If it is off, check tp paramenters like freq, symbol rate, fec, mod type (QPSK- QPS8) and also pilot off and on, some tp expecially HD tp (S2) needs pilot setted on but not all, so you should to check one by one.
    Important thing Azbox has very sensible tuner so you must imput the right freq into tp list if you'll not get results with my data below, try to change freq using 1 Mhz step up or down, i.e. 10,875 or 10,877
    I've checked the tp you can't receive and those are right parameters:

freq 10,876
    pol Vertical
    Symbol rate 22000
    FEC 5/6
    Pilot 0
    Try to edit your tp from settings/dvb-s/modify tp menu and let me know if works.
    Just click on thanks button if my post has helped you
    Don't send me cline requests, technical or premium server questions in PM! I'll not answer!

Comment

• Anthrx

At first time, thaks for your help, aparently i´m the only one with this issue, lucky man. I already tested with 77 and 76 i'll test 75 when arrive home, but start thinking it can be a hardware error on my sat tuner.
      I´ll let you know

Saludos

Satman, nothing in 10875,74,78. Do you know a way to reset or reflash the tuner?

Saludos

Comment

• skytec
        Experienced Board Member
        • Mar 2010

Have you tried to load the last program setting?
        Is my post useful for you? Please press sigpic

Comment

• Anthrx

what do you mean with "programm settings"? a channel list?

Saludos

Comment

• satman72
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Anthrx
            At first time, thaks for your help, aparently i´m the only one with this issue, lucky man. I already tested with 77 and 76 i'll test 75 when arrive home, but start thinking it can be a hardware error on my sat tuner.
            I´ll let you know

Saludos

Satman, nothing in 10875,74,78. Do you know a way to reset or reflash the tuner?

Saludos
            You can reset the box inserting an USB stick into USB port with one opensat firmware loaded into, be sure the opensat firmware is renamed in patch.bin
            so press and hold stand by switch on remote untill you see reboot on front display with USB stick inserted, a menu will appare, choose last option into screen (erase memory), then reset agai the box pressing stand by switch for more then 4 seconds, the same menu will appare, now choose the first option (load firmware from USB), wait until it load all without switch off the box, at end it will reset automatically. Now you'll have a fresh Azbox empty (no channels, no plugins), a this point I suggest you to set your dish system into setting menu (settings depends from sat antenna you've dual feed, single feed, motrized etc.) then try to add manually the tp you can't receive and let me know if it works or not.
            Best regards
            Don't send me cline requests, technical or premium server questions in PM! I'll not answer!

Comment

• Anthrx

No way, i also tried changin the tuner´s port in the motherboard, but the tuners are not detected on this way. I´m getting crazy cause this, right now I´m pretty sure it´s a hardware problem unfortunately i don´t have a spare tuner to test it.

Saludos

Comment

• satman72
                Experienced Board Member
                • Jun 2010

If you've switched the tuner from port 1 to port 2 and it isn't recognized, I think is not tuner the problem, but main board. Anyway if you can find a spare tuner, you can try to check if my supposition is correct.

Comment

• Anthrx

Ups... it can be worst than i thought. Are you sure if i connet my sat tuner in the motherboard port where normaly is the terrestrial tuner it has to be detected.
                  I mean, only a sat tuner connected in port we can call number 2 have to be detected ? Do i have to reinstall the firmware after the change or apply default settings?

Saludos

Comment

• Anthrx

I get in contact with azbox customer support thru webpage... I´ll post here all the steps they make me doing to fix the problem just in case other user have the same problem and the information could be usefull.

Saludos

Comment

• satman72
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Anthrx
                      Ups... it can be worst than i thought. Are you sure if i connet my sat tuner in the motherboard port where normaly is the terrestrial tuner it has to be detected.
                      I mean, only a sat tuner connected in port we can call number 2 have to be detected ? Do i have to reinstall the firmware after the change or apply default settings?

Saludos
                      Yes I'm sure, because you can also install two sat tuners into azbox elite instead 1 sat and 1 dvb-t tuner, so it must work into any port without problems.

Comment

• Anthrx

Mystery solved. On my antenna installation I have installed a signal amplifier Televes 5530 and for some reason unknow to me, while the others receivers works without problems Azbox can´t get some frecuencies through it. I disconnected the amplifier and now works fine.

Let me say azbox support was very fast answering my emails trying to help me.

Saludos

Comment

• satman72
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Jun 2010

Well I'm glad you've solved problem. Now you say about the amplifier, I suspect that Azbox tuner is more sensible then your others receivers, so the signal level was too high so to saturate the tuner.

Comment

• Anthrx

It´s a possibility satman maybe the azbox people´s support give me a reason. If they do it, i´ll post it. thanks for your help.

Saludos

Comment

• satman72
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jun 2010

You're welcomed Anthrx, if you'll get more about this problem, please post here so it can help other Azbox users.
                              Best regards.

Comment

Working...