Welcome!

Welcome to Satlover forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.

Please register if you would like to take part. link..

Register Now

Alert: Don't Use Hotmail Email Accounts for registration

Collapse

Before Access to all Forums and Trial accounts you must need to activate your account Email address

viber for free sms & free calls

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viber
    • Nov 2011

Re: viber for free sms & free calls

Originally posted by dr.vet
    yes I use it thats great but it needs high ping
    Viber requires 0.25MB per minute of call.
    It's actually considered a relatively low bandwidth for a VoIP service

Comment

• microchick
      Experienced Board Member
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by the-inderffm
      On viber i'm not understanding the boutton change to gsm.
      What does that mean?
      On Vibre, the button " Change to GSM" is used when you want to switch your call from a WiFi network (free of charge) to a GSM (Mobile Network) which will be certaily paid call. Be careful with that function if you are calling someone abroad on Vibre free of charge and then want to change it to GSM for better quality. Calling other countries on your mobile is very expensive and it can easily dry out your account.
      If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• thecrazybandit
        Experienced Board Member
        • Jul 2012

just installed vibre on my android phone and my wifes phone we both connected to fast internet one at home and one at work it did not seem to bad the only thing i will say is that it seemed to echo a bit.

Comment

• microchick
          Experienced Board Member
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by thecrazybandit
          just installed vibre on my android phone and my wifes phone we both connected to fast internet one at home and one at work it did not seem to bad the only thing i will say is that it seemed to echo a bit.
          To avoid echo, its better to not to switch on the speaker on the phone. The area where you listen to calls also has an impact. If you are in a big room, Vibre will have echo in the call.
          If you like my post, please don't hesitate to click on "Thanks"button. Thank you

Comment

• thecrazybandit
            Experienced Board Member
            • Jul 2012

I will try vibre in a different room to see if it makes any diffrence but i did not have the speaker on

Comment

• thecrazybandit
              Experienced Board Member
              • Jul 2012

I know vibre is very good and its free a friend of mind is using it to talk to there son in australia and no problems just wonder if the echo was normal it just may well be my phone

Comment

• juekra
                • Jun 2012

I work with vibre for a few month and it works fine. But with the new beta version from android 4.1 jelly beans I have a lot of crashes

Comment

• Viber
                  • Nov 2011

Hi,

You can try testing Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks, in order to rule out the possibility that this is a network-related issue

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                    Experienced Board Member
                    • Jul 2012

i will try some different networks and see what happens i have tested my ping rate and its 25ms running at 11 meg

Comment

• microchick
                      Experienced Board Member
                      • Apr 2012

Just found out from few friends that Viber is still in its early stages for Jelly Bean 4.1. It works fine with the ICS or the older Android versions like Ginger bread. Any other members having the same echo problems in Jelly Bean?

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                        Experienced Board Member
                        • Jul 2012

its a zte blade what setting should i be looking at on the phone

Comment

• microchick
                          Experienced Board Member
                          • Apr 2012

@thecrazybandit: Just a question? what version of Android are you using. Have ou upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.03 or Jelly Bean 4.1? As suggested by viber, you can try out a few wireless networks out to see if its a network problem?

Comment

• sqazilou
                            Board Senior Member
                            • Jun 2010

i am using android 2.2 & it work great

Comment

• thecrazybandit
                              Experienced Board Member
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by microchick
                              @thecrazybandit: Just a question? what version of Android are you using. Have ou upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.03 or Jelly Bean 4.1? As suggested by viber, you can try out a few wireless networks out to see if its a network problem?
                              i am using android 2.1 on my old zte blade and android 2.2 on my new zte blade i will see what options i have to upgrade android to a later version

Comment

• Viber
                                • Nov 2011

i am using android 2.1 on my old zte blade and android 2.2 on my new zte blade i will see what options i have to upgrade android to a later version
                                Please note that Viber does not officially support ZTE Blade yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http*****************://bit.ly/rqbZEw
                                We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Meanwhile, you may try the suggestions listed above.

* It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
                                2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
                                TCP: 5242 + 4244
                                UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

Comment

Working...